Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Vanders will you Build If You Get In?

1
9
7%
2
44
33%
What?
80
60%
 
Total votes: 133

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby georgej » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Sent in my app last night. Super splitter. Let's see what happens. Good luck e'erybody!

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Robbin Blue » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Decision mailed!! It's gonna be a longggg weekend.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Just got a Fedex email for a 5 lbs package from Vanderbilt!!!

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 pm

when did yall go complete? any updates?

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:when did yall go complete? any updates?


Complete in the middle of nov, 1 status update before alumni interview, and decision mailed about a month after.

User avatar
Beercules
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Beercules » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Building me some Vanders, congrats y'all.

User avatar
SonlenNightfall
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SonlenNightfall » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Grrr... the only recent update to my status:

1/3/14: View-book sent.

Why are you sending me a book of pretty pictures of your campus if you already know I am interested in your school? Hell, I showed up to an interview. I don't want to look at your book of pretty pictures until I know I actually have the option of going there...

Thiggs
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Thiggs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Decision mailed!!!!!!!!!! Complete 11/19 interviewed at vandy 12/2

User avatar
FlyingNorth
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby FlyingNorth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Le checking in.

Michigan1442
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Michigan1442 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Is it weird that my status has never changed at all? I went complete on 9/24 and have had no movement since then. I've received multiple view books in the mail and had an interview in November, but my status never reflected either one of these.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby str8yolked » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Michigan1442 wrote:Is it weird that my status has never changed at all? I went complete on 9/24 and have had no movement since then. I've received multiple view books in the mail and had an interview in November, but my status never reflected either one of these.


Don't worry, I went from complete -> status update (before interview) -> decision mailed.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Michigan1442 wrote:Is it weird that my status has never changed at all? I went complete on 9/24 and have had no movement since then. I've received multiple view books in the mail and had an interview in November, but my status never reflected either one of these.


Same here but I'm stuck in mid-November. Had my interview after my first complete and no update since. Guess I won't be building any Vanders.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby KanyeShrug » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
Michigan1442 wrote:Is it weird that my status has never changed at all? I went complete on 9/24 and have had no movement since then. I've received multiple view books in the mail and had an interview in November, but my status never reflected either one of these.


Same here but I'm stuck in mid-November. Had my interview after my first complete and no update since. Guess I won't be building any Vanders.


What are your stats? I'm right around medians with URM status. My last complete date was my interview date, which was early November.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:53 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
Michigan1442 wrote:Is it weird that my status has never changed at all? I went complete on 9/24 and have had no movement since then. I've received multiple view books in the mail and had an interview in November, but my status never reflected either one of these.


Same here but I'm stuck in mid-November. Had my interview after my first complete and no update since. Guess I won't be building any Vanders.


What are your stats? I'm right around medians with URM status. My last complete date was my interview date, which was early November.


Mid 160s but below median and below median GPA, also URM. Maybe they're gauging the URM pool before deciding on us?

Michigan1442
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Michigan1442 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:41 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:
Michigan1442 wrote:Is it weird that my status has never changed at all? I went complete on 9/24 and have had no movement since then. I've received multiple view books in the mail and had an interview in November, but my status never reflected either one of these.


Same here but I'm stuck in mid-November. Had my interview after my first complete and no update since. Guess I won't be building any Vanders.


What are your stats? I'm right around medians with URM status. My last complete date was my interview date, which was early November.


Mid 160s but below median and below median GPA, also URM. Maybe they're gauging the URM pool before deciding on us?


>170 LSAT, below 25th GPA, non-URM...I dunno guys!

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Pishee77 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Decision Mailed! :shock:

Edit: Submitted 11/18

adambl
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby adambl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Checking in, just applied!

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Robbin Blue » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Finally figured out the fedEx website- it's an acceptance! My numbers are >75%, but only barely.

User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BLUERUFiO » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Checking in. Good luck everyone! This is a reach school for me. We shall see how it goes.
Last edited by BLUERUFiO on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovesthelaw
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lovesthelaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

On the status check page, it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks." My 8 week mark, from the day I went complete, is January 8th...if I haven't heard anything by the 8th, think I should send an email? I'd be super breezy about it...

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:26 pm

lovesthelaw wrote:On the status check page, it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks." My 8 week mark, from the day I went complete, is January 8th...if I haven't heard anything by the 8th, think I should send an email? I'd be super breezy about it...


Don't send an email about this. If anything send an LOCI, but don't write anything that makes it sound like you think you deserve a decision by this point.

lovesthelaw
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lovesthelaw » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
lovesthelaw wrote:On the status check page, it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks." My 8 week mark, from the day I went complete, is January 8th...if I haven't heard anything by the 8th, think I should send an email? I'd be super breezy about it...


Don't send an email about this. If anything send an LOCI, but don't write anything that makes it sound like you think you deserve a decision by this point.


Really good advice - thank you!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
lovesthelaw wrote:On the status check page, it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks." My 8 week mark, from the day I went complete, is January 8th...if I haven't heard anything by the 8th, think I should send an email? I'd be super breezy about it...


Don't send an email about this. If anything send an LOCI, but don't write anything that makes it sound like you think you deserve a decision by this point.


I definitely agree with the above, especially since you're not sitting at something like 12 weeks with no word.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:36 pm

lovesthelaw wrote:
Really good advice - thank you!


of course, good luck!

User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby King Cayuga » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 am

Complete since 11/5 and had an interview which I thought went very well on the day before Thanksgiving. Pretty shocked to be honest since I got in at Georgetown and Cornell within a month of sending in apps. It would take a lot of money to get me to go here over my other options but I was hoping to get a decent scholarship offer and use it to haggle with my T14 acceptances.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellohalo, Houzy, malysh, spursforever, zeglo and 17 guests