Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Vanders will you Build If You Get In?

7%
33%
What?
60%

Total votes: 133

KatyMarie

Silver

Re: Vanderbilt Law c/o 2017 applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Post by KatyMarie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 pm

gimmedanger wrote:Just got my 5lb fedex notification! no email yet though.

think its too late to send in the scholarship questions on monday? I applied on 01/07.

worth a shot I guess!!
May as well turn them in and see what happens. Soft Deadline and all that.

And Congrats :)

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Guys, does anyone know how many full ride scholarships Vandy gives???

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Motivator9 wrote:Guys, does anyone know how many full ride scholarships Vandy gives???
3 or 4 a year the past few years.

hos9903

Bronze

Post by hos9903 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:44 pm

I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.

chargers

New

Post by chargers » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:24 am

hos9903 wrote:I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.
From what I've read ITT it seems that Vandy does send out WL's/Rejections in the mail. You can get on Fedex and figure out how much your package weighs if you want to know right away (5 lb package=acceptance).

I have about the same numbers as you do so I know how you feel.
Hoping for the best.. preparing for the worst.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LyricsToLitigation

Bronze

Post by LyricsToLitigation » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:38 am

chargers wrote:
hos9903 wrote:I also got decision mailed today. Do waitlists/rejections also come in the mail? I always figured I'd get WLd (median LSAT, 25th GPA), but I'm holding out for the small chance of good news.
From what I've read ITT it seems that Vandy does send out WL's/Rejections in the mail. You can get on Fedex and figure out how much your package weighs if you want to know right away (5 lb package=acceptance).

Right there with you guys numbers-wise - still in review though (my app didn't go complete till late) good luck! Here's to acceptances!

lovesthelaw

New

Post by lovesthelaw » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 am

What would y'all do if you were in this situation? I went complete on 10/8, had my interview 10/18, and have heard literally nothing since then.... I know that this probably means rejection -- and that's fine; it was a reach anyways -- but is there anything I can do to speed up a reply? On the status checker it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks," and I have now passed that. Ugh.

LyricsToLitigation

Bronze

Post by LyricsToLitigation » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:30 pm

lovesthelaw wrote:What would y'all do if you were in this situation? I went complete on 10/8, had my interview 10/18, and have heard literally nothing since then.... I know that this probably means rejection -- and that's fine; it was a reach anyways -- but is there anything I can do to speed up a reply? On the status checker it says "this process can take up to 8 weeks," and I have now passed that. Ugh.
Call them. Everyone I've spoken to at vandy is actually really nice

hos9903

Bronze

Post by hos9903 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:
chargers wrote:

Right there with you guys numbers-wise - still in review though (my app didn't go complete till late) good luck! Here's to acceptances!
Thanks! Good luck to you guys too.

If it's been 24 hours since "decision mailed" with no fedex notification, can I now assume WL/ding?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LyricsToLitigation

Bronze

Post by LyricsToLitigation » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:47 pm

hos9903 wrote:
chargers wrote:

Thanks! Good luck to you guys too.

If it's been 24 hours since "decision mailed" with no fedex notification, can I now assume WL/ding?
:? i dont know. it is the weekend so for now lets assume no. Then on monday you'll see a 5lb box from fed ex :-D

hos9903

Bronze

Post by hos9903 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm

:? i dont know. it is the weekend so for now lets assume no. Then on monday you'll see a 5lb box from fed ex :-D
haha fair point. i'll table this until Monday

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:19 am

hos9903 wrote:
I'm right there with you. Hoping for good news for both of us.

LyricsToLitigation

Bronze

Post by LyricsToLitigation » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 am

SplitMyPants wrote:
hos9903 wrote:
I'm right there with you. Hoping for good news for both of us.
^^^ avatar win :D ^^^

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Dark Kite

Bronze

Post by The Dark Kite » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Haven't officially passed 8 weeks yet but I'm coming dangerously close. If they're planning to pull the trigger, it'd be nice if they could just get it over with already :(

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:19 pm

I waited more than 4 months for good news. Stop making yourself sick about it! The only form of control you have is to update them with any new grades, stay in contact to see if there are any other updates they'd like, and go enjoy your life. Believe me, ever moment of relaxation will be precious once the stress starts ratcheting up in August.

chargers

New

Post by chargers » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:54 pm

On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:35 pm

chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It seems that most everyone who has gotten accepted has had their package mailed Fedex. Has anyone else had their package mailed USPS and does that make it more likely that I will not be receiving the 5 lb. package?
It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:35 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:Haven't officially passed 8 weeks yet but I'm coming dangerously close. If they're planning to pull the trigger, it'd be nice if they could just get it over with already :(
Shouldn't be too much longer now, keep your head up! 8)

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 pm

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
chargers wrote:On my status checker page it says "Decision Mailed" and that they will send the package through Fedex or USPS. I've called Fedex and they don't have a package headed my way, so I'm assuming that mine is coming through USPS.

It's Sunday, FedEx wouldn't know yet if they're sending you something. Be patient, things aren't instantaneous.
FWIW when I signed up for the FedEx thing, it didn't show any packages headed my way, and then lo and behold, the next day, when apartment buzzer rang for what I thought was my seamless delivery, it was the fedex man with the black box.

chargers

New

Post by chargers » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:39 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:

FWIW when I signed up for the FedEx thing, it didn't show any packages headed my way, and then lo and behold, the next day, when apartment buzzer rang for what I thought was my seamless delivery, it was the fedex man with the black box.
Oh nice, guess I won't jump to any conclusions just yet. I've had an uneventful Sunday with nothing better to do than sit on TLS, call Fedex, and completely overthink the situation. Maybe I should take Zip's advice and try a bit of patience. Haha

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 pm

chargers wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:

Oh nice, guess I won't jump to any conclusions just yet. I've had an uneventful Sunday with nothing better to do than sit on TLS, call Fedex, and completely overthink the situation. Maybe I should take Zip's advice and try a bit of patience. Haha
Hopefully it's good advice :). Trying to be optimistic, not dismissive. Good luck!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bostonbrewer

Bronze

Post by bostonbrewer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 am

chargers wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:

Patience is in short supply around TLS this time of year :lol:

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:03 pm

My app has been sitting at complete for 2+ months. I have a feeling that a WL/ding is coming. I just really wish Vanderbilt would tell me. My patience is wearing thin. I almost want to email them and be like "WHAT UP?! It's been awhile since we last spoken."

KanyeShrug

Silver

Post by KanyeShrug » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm sitting at 11/6. :roll:

HOS

Bronze

Post by HOS » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:45 pm

The Fedex truck just turned up, handed me a large package and yes!!! I'm in!!!

Submitted early November and interviewed mid-December. I'm 75th LSAT and have a foreign 'superior' GPA.

Can't wait to visit. Depending on financials, Vanderbilt is a top choice.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”