USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:Mine also changed to "Decision finalized". I thought I had a pretty good shot with USC, but it's not looking so good now.


Do you have seat deposit figures? Anyone know if that's a thing for USC?


I don't have that info posted. Do you?


I don't have that info posted. When I got into ND it said decision finalized and had seat deposit numbers right away (this has been "a thing" for ND, the seat deposits meaning admitted). Looking at the fact you got into Michigan I'd think you were a sure shot for USC. For me, I think it's quite a reach.


I hope you're right. I have some really strong softs that helped me for Michigan and even a waitlist at Berkeley. I just don't know how holistic USC is. I could see them just glancing at numbers and throwing that out. My numbers are solid, but they do not make USC a for sure thing.

bnnh
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bnnh » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Decision Finalized for me too! Ahhh, this is it! I hope this wave is going to be good news!

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby isuperserial » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Looking at the data from mylsn.info, April is a death sentence. Plenty of people get admitted and waitlisted in March.

ChicagoDawg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ChicagoDawg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Has anyone gotten anymore info about travel stipends/reimbursements for ASW?

bcoco9292
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bcoco9292 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:21 pm

bnnh wrote:Decision Finalized for me too! Ahhh, this is it! I hope this wave is going to be good news!


SAME! Does anyone know how wait lists are notified? Will it be emailed or snail mailed? Going crazy!

User avatar
Icecold62
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Icecold62 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Took USC two months to go from complete to first comitee review. Then eight days to final review, then two days to decision finalized. So I am either really in or really not in.....
It's a sign! Of something.....

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby krispymenudo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Anyone else CR1 3/3? I feel so left out, with all my apps there have been people in waves and I'm always the oddball

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lemons » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm

krispymenudo wrote:Anyone else CR1 3/3? I feel so left out, with all my apps there have been people in waves and I'm always the oddball


I've been at complete since 2/5 after submitting on 2/1 =/ and I know a few other people who still haven't made it to CR. So you aren't alone/the latest one :)

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:40 pm

has anyone who got "decision finalized" today (3/12) got a IN email yet?

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Nope,

Decision Finalized here as well. Not sure if this is good or bad news?

dkh
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dkh » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:fuckfuckfuck

switched to decision finalized. no email. no seat deposit number.

looks like this is the end.

fuck me.


Whats ur stats?

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Icecold62 wrote:Took USC two months to go from complete to first comitee review. Then eight days to final review, then two days to decision finalized. So I am either really in or really not in.....
It's a sign! Of something.....


im on this boat with you. yours skipped CR2?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 pm

dkh wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:fuckfuckfuck

switched to decision finalized. no email. no seat deposit number.

looks like this is the end.

fuck me.


Whats ur stats?


They're in my profile. 165/3.7

dkh
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dkh » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
dkh wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:fuckfuckfuck

switched to decision finalized. no email. no seat deposit number.

looks like this is the end.

fuck me.


Whats ur stats?


They're in my profile. 165/3.7


Those are some solid numbers... good to know im in the same batch as you

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:02 pm

i noticed this batch seem to have a lot of complete for 2 months, CR1 (Finally) then straight to Final Review in a week and Decision Finalized within days. Anyone knows what usually happens from past examples?

User avatar
LoveforLaw341
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LoveforLaw341 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Decision finalized as well! AHHHH! Good luck everyone! At least we'll have an answer. Unless of course we're waitlisted and have to play this game all over again. lol Fingers crossed! My stats aren't USC material but there seems to be some pretty strong candidates in this wave so here's to hoping we're all admitted! Post ASAP when you find out! AHHHH. Okay, back to studying now... I keep forgetting I'm still in undergrad and can't put my life on hold to worry about status checkers. lol

User avatar
bkegslounge
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bkegslounge » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:26 pm

LoveforLaw341 wrote:Decision finalized as well! AHHHH! Good luck everyone! At least we'll have an answer. Unless of course we're waitlisted and have to play this game all over again. lol Fingers crossed! My stats aren't USC material but there seems to be some pretty strong candidates in this wave so here's to hoping we're all admitted! Post ASAP when you find out! AHHHH. Okay, back to studying now... I keep forgetting I'm still in undergrad and can't put my life on hold to worry about status checkers. lol

Decision Finalized as well!! aaaahhh

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Check your mail when you get home. Last year when I got my decision finalized, I received my ding via snail mail on the same day. If no mail, it might be a good sign.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Everyone make sure to report in as soon as you have news on if you're in or out!

And yea I'm confused on the skipped CR2 as well.

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Check your mail when you get home. Last year when I got my decision finalized, I received my ding via snail mail on the same day. If no mail, it might be a good sign.

on the same day? did you live close to USC?

User avatar
LoveforLaw341
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LoveforLaw341 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 pm

PS ALL 3/12 Decision Finalized applicants: Can we all post some additional info about our apps that may allow us to guess/prepare ourselves for what's to come?

GPA> 75%
LSAT < 25%
Community service softs/interested in public interest law
Clubs/student leadership
Working in undergrad
Diversity/adversity
Non-URM

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Candy Wrappers wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:Check your mail when you get home. Last year when I got my decision finalized, I received my ding via snail mail on the same day. If no mail, it might be a good sign.

on the same day? did you live close to USC?


Live in SoCal about 40 minutes away.

User avatar
bkegslounge
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bkegslounge » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Check your mail when you get home. Last year when I got my decision finalized, I received my ding via snail mail on the same day. If no mail, it might be a good sign.


I already checked my mail today... it was empty... so either that's a good sign or my mailman was later than usual or a ding will come tomorrow or I'll get an acceptance email any second... or I'll have a stress-induced heart attack before I find out...

User avatar
bkegslounge
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bkegslounge » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:36 pm

LoveforLaw341 wrote:PS ALL 3/12 Decision Finalized applicants: Can we all post some additional info about our apps that may allow us to guess/prepare ourselves for what's to come?

GPA> 75%
LSAT < 25%
Community service softs/interested in public interest law
Clubs/student leadership
Working in undergrad
Diversity/adversity
Non-URM


Splitter as well. My co-worker just went to Decision Finalized today too and he's also a splitter. I have a gut feeling this is a waitlist group.... ugh

User avatar
Candy Wrappers
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Candy Wrappers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 pm

GPA> 25%
LSAT < 25%
volunteer work
fulltime job overseas
out of UG for 2 yr
Non-URM

not gonna lie. im not a strong candidate at all. i just really love my alma mater.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Exabot [Bot], kdonohue, pkalltheway, Smc1994 and 38 guests