USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 pm

bnnh wrote:Was CR1 on 2/24 and went final review today (3/10)....hope it's good news!! Or at least a wait list?


The same happened to me. I don't know if that is good or bad. Yikes.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rion91 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:37 pm


Current Status: Complete

Current Status Date: 2/5/2014


This is what I get for applying so late :?

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cron1834 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 pm

rion91 wrote:

Current Status: Complete

Current Status Date: 2/5/2014


This is what I get for applying so late :?


URM with a 163 ain't no joke, though. You are competitive at a lot of places. Don't lose heart yet.

gotsomequestions
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gotsomequestions » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 am

Complete 11/25, UR1 2/24, straight to final review 3/10

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rion91 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:02 am

cron1834 wrote:
rion91 wrote:

Current Status: Complete

Current Status Date: 2/5/2014


This is what I get for applying so late :?


URM with a 163 ain't no joke, though. You are competitive at a lot of places. Don't lose heart yet.

Thanks. I really hope my softs help me stand out. I'd hate to just rely on being a URM. It'd make me feel guilty

ChicagoDawg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ChicagoDawg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 am

Has anyone had any luck negotiating scholarships?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 pm

How I feel still waiting for a decision after 3+ months complete...

Image

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby isuperserial » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:
bnnh wrote:Was CR1 on 2/24 and went final review today (3/10)....hope it's good news!! Or at least a wait list?


The same happened to me. I don't know if that is good or bad. Yikes.


Fuck... same for me! Going to USC would be a dream come true. I feel like it's at least a sign that after the original committee review they didn't go "fuck that" and throw it out. Or maybe now I'm just in denial XD

Image

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 pm

So it's occurred to me that I check my status checker more times per day than meals I eat and times I go to the bathroom combined.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rion91 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:So it's occurred to me that I check my status checker more times per day than meals I eat and times I go to the bathroom combined.

+1

User avatar
mazer
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mazer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:27 pm

UR (or Committee Read) 1 3/5, just went 2nd Read today. Not sure if that's unusually quick. Any sense?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:28 pm

mazer wrote:UR (or Committee Read) 1 3/5, just went 2nd Read today. Not sure if that's unusually quick. Any sense?


No idea dude, I went straight from 2 months in CR1 to now 1 week in Final Review...USC...fuckin mystery

dkh
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dkh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
mazer wrote:UR (or Committee Read) 1 3/5, just went 2nd Read today. Not sure if that's unusually quick. Any sense?


No idea dude, I went straight from 2 months in CR1 to now 1 week in Final Review...USC...fuckin mystery


Are you URM?

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby logicspeaks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Also went CR2 today. CR1 was 3/5. URM, stats in profile.

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:41 pm

dkh wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
mazer wrote:UR (or Committee Read) 1 3/5, just went 2nd Read today. Not sure if that's unusually quick. Any sense?


No idea dude, I went straight from 2 months in CR1 to now 1 week in Final Review...USC...fuckin mystery


Are you URM?


nope

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 pm

gobears!! wrote:OMG!!! USC dropped in rank!

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... ngs/page+2


Image

Maybe now I stand a chance of getting in...

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rion91 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:51 pm

That's a pretty big gap between UCLA now. But USC is still one of my top choices. Small movements like one year's ranking are not things you should make a decision on. As long as the OCIs and employment numbers are there it will be on my list.

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Icecold62
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Icecold62 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:11 pm

mazer wrote:UR (or Committee Read) 1 3/5, just went 2nd Read today. Not sure if that's unusually quick. Any sense?

I went from two month complete to one week first review and now final. Hopefully a good sign.

ChicagoDawg
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ChicagoDawg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:48 pm

rion91 wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:So it's occurred to me that I check my status checker more times per day than meals I eat and times I go to the bathroom combined.

+1


FWIW, I'm pretty sure I got the acceptance email before the status checker even changed

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Dear USC,

Image

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aesth24
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby aesth24 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm

CR1 as of yesterday.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chizzy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 pm

gobears!! wrote:OMG!!! USC dropped in rank!

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... ngs/page+2


i wonder how this is going to affect their decision on my app. ive been on complete for a while now...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], henryyou and 7 guests