USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby goldenflash19 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Black_Swan wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:Has anyone who applied for the Rothman heard anything yet?


GL with that! I heard there is only one spot for every entering class? :shock:


Thanks so much! & yeah, there's only one spot per class, but I think I read somewhere on TLS they invite four people to interview. I'd just hope we find out one way or the other soon for planning purposes!

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mirroroferised7 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:Has anyone who applied for the Rothman heard anything yet?


GL with that! I heard there is only one spot for every entering class? :shock:


Thanks so much! & yeah, there's only one spot per class, but I think I read somewhere on TLS they invite four people to interview. I'd just hope we find out one way or the other soon for planning purposes!


Yeah, last year no TLSers were invited. So the invite might have gone out, and we wouldn't even know.

But I think they notify toward the end of February and schedule interviews for mid-March.

pcthenls
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pcthenls » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Anyone know when we should hear about other scholarship offers?

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:35 pm

China Spy wrote:Still in committee 2nd read but it updated to today's date o_0

Just happened to me too. Anyone know if this is indicative of a decision timeline?

akkirk
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby akkirk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 pm

pcthenls wrote:Anyone know when we should hear about other scholarship offers?


In an email USC sent out last week, they said:
"We understand the importance of financing your legal education in the law school decision making process. We continue to diligently work on finalizing scholarship awards and anticipate those will begin to be distributed next week."

So they should start to be distributed this week!

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:14 pm

I've been complete since mid-November. Oh the pain.

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby logicspeaks » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:36 pm

akkirk wrote:
pcthenls wrote:Anyone know when we should hear about other scholarship offers?


In an email USC sent out last week, they said:
"We understand the importance of financing your legal education in the law school decision making process. We continue to diligently work on finalizing scholarship awards and anticipate those will begin to be distributed next week."

So they should start to be distributed this week!

I applied late and won't be complete until my Feb LSAT comes in, so I was definitely hoping they wouldn't make any moves on scholarships until then at least. I'm selfish. :oops:

Avo11
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Avo11 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:06 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:I've been complete since mid-November. Oh the pain.


Ditto ditto!

User avatar
LoveforLaw341
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LoveforLaw341 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Complete 1/8, 1st Committee Review 1/10, 2nd Committee Review 1/16, updated 2/18

GPA > 75th LSAT<25th

I seem to be in the same group as a few of you! Here's to hoping we're all admitted! Best of luck! USC would be a dream come true :)

mydasmarie
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mydasmarie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:12 pm

complete 2/1 , u/r 2/5, u/r2 2/19

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jdc_in_dc » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm

I went complete on 1/22, a week after submitting, but haven't had any change... when should I start to worry?

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby krispymenudo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:33 pm

jdc_in_dc wrote:I went complete on 1/22, a week after submitting, but haven't had any change... when should I start to worry?


Went complete 12/19 (exactly 9 weeks ago I believe)
Wondering the same

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:48 pm

It would help if you posted your stats, it would make it easy to guess accept or reject :mrgreen:

Shaman777
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Shaman777 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:08 pm

krispymenudo wrote:
jdc_in_dc wrote:I went complete on 1/22, a week after submitting, but haven't had any change... when should I start to worry?


Went complete 12/19 (exactly 9 weeks ago I believe)
Wondering the same


Went complete on 1/03 Nothing since then

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby angels2fly » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 pm

UCR1 01/08/14, UCR2 02/19/14. UCR2 (again) 02/20/14

Is a decision near???

User avatar
kirbyb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kirbyb » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 pm

angels2fly wrote:UCR1 01/08/14, UCR2 02/19/14. UCR2 (again) 02/20/14

Is a decision near???


My personal experience says no. Went UR2 and then UR2 again on 2/07. No change yet.

User avatar
jstep
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Any movement on scholarship information for anyone yet?

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Shaman777 wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:
jdc_in_dc wrote:I went complete on 1/22, a week after submitting, but haven't had any change... when should I start to worry?


Went complete 12/19 (exactly 9 weeks ago I believe)
Wondering the same


Went complete on 1/03 Nothing since then

Me on 1/13. Silence ever since

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ohhdear » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 pm

jstep wrote:Any movement on scholarship information for anyone yet?


+1

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:49 pm

ohhdear wrote:
jstep wrote:Any movement on scholarship information for anyone yet?


+1


We were SUPPOSED to "start" hearing back this week. Guess that doesnt mean anybody on TLS?

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Got scholarship offer a few minutes ago

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:Got scholarship offer a few minutes ago


:shock: Same.

$135k, $45k per semester.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:23 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:Got scholarship offer a few minutes ago


:shock: Same.

$135k, $45k per semester.


same. 45/yr

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:26 pm

Hey guys, why don't you go discuss your schoolies in the Class of thread? Its kind of rude waving your money offers in front of ppl still hoping to get in.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 052220151 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:27 pm

China Spy wrote:Hey guys, why don't you go discuss your schoolies in the Class of thread? Its kind of rude waving your money offers in front of ppl still hoping to get in.


Shut up dude. Please keep discussion here. Class threads are where you go once you deposit.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”