USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yomisterd » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:50 am

Mine's just saying complete since 1/3. >75th for LSAT & GPA. Hmm....

boosane
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby boosane » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:02 am

Last year's thread went over 100 pages and we're still stuck in the 10s in January wow :shock:

User avatar
Beercules
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Beercules » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 am

Stuck on Committee 1st Read for about two weeks now...we're approaching Cornell speeds here.

rstahl
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rstahl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Beercules wrote:Stuck on Committee 1st Read for about two weeks now...we're approaching Cornell speeds here.


Committee 1st Read since 12/16... you've got nothing on me! :lol:

And it took Cornell a month and a half to verify my materials...so we are still a ways away from that haha

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:42 pm

rstahl wrote:
Beercules wrote:Stuck on Committee 1st Read for about two weeks now...we're approaching Cornell speeds here.


Committee 1st Read since 12/16... you've got nothing on me! :lol:

And it took Cornell a month and a half to verify my materials...so we are still a ways away from that haha


Stuck on "Complete" 11/6. I think it's safe to say I'm getting a ding lol

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Content Deleted
Last edited by Moonlight on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jstep
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jstep » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:15 am

I'm in 2nd committee read for the 2nd time 1/20.

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Committee 1st Read as of 1/21. Complete since 11/5

At least I can put my fears that they lost my app to rest.

omzster67
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby omzster67 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Committee second read as of 12/5...but I received the invitation to apply for the rothman scholarship so I took that as a good indication of my chances.....guess I might've been wrong?

xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:36 pm

boosane wrote:Last year's thread went over 100 pages and we're still stuck in the 10s in January wow :shock:


I don't think it means much yet, USc will likey have somewhere between 3,700 to 4,000 applicants this cycles which is still a lot even with this decline.

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 pm

committee second read today! I can't remember the exact date of the first read but I think it was the 15th.

rstahl
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rstahl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:09 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:committee second read today! I can't remember the exact date of the first read but I think it was the 15th.


Complete: Eons ago
Committee First Read: 12/16
Committee Second Read: 1/22

Progress!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:05 pm

My Committee 2nd read still hasn't updated since 12/12 :(

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:15 pm

app "complete" for about a month - come on committee - review me! :-(

User avatar
krispymenudo
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby krispymenudo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:20 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:app "complete" for about a month - come on committee - review me! :-(


me too! been "Complete" since 12/18 D:

xmking07
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xmking07 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Checking in.

applied 12/23
Complete 12/28

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 am

UR today, Complete ~2 weeks ago.

User avatar
paulinams
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby paulinams » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 am

I've been "complete" since 12/3 with no updates :( I've heard California schools are all about the high GPA's (can anyone confirm?) Unfortunately for me, my lovely 3 years spent slaving away with pre-med and a Neuroscience major took a slight toll on my GPA (Biochem was pure hell!). I hope I'm not an automatic "reject"

frcarpen
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby frcarpen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 am

paulinams wrote:I've been "complete" since 12/3 with no updates :( I've heard California schools are all about the high GPA's (can anyone confirm?) Unfortunately for me, my lovely 3 years spent slaving away with pre-med and a Neuroscience major took a slight toll on my GPA (Biochem was pure hell!). I hope I'm not an automatic "reject"



Well you know at least 50% of their class has a GPA below median....

I only buy the whole California GPA thing with Berkeley and Stanford I don't think UCLA or USC are going to be that picky.

yamsandmoreyams
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yamsandmoreyams » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm finally on committee 1st read. Been complete since early October. Not an auto-admit, but not an auto-reject either. Good luck everybody! They just seem to be really slow this year.

raetheon
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby raetheon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:11 pm

checking in
completed mid december
decision 1/13/2014
lsat 169 gpa 3.88
got email after status checker said second committee read for 10 days

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 pm

frcarpen wrote:
paulinams wrote:I've been "complete" since 12/3 with no updates :( I've heard California schools are all about the high GPA's (can anyone confirm?) Unfortunately for me, my lovely 3 years spent slaving away with pre-med and a Neuroscience major took a slight toll on my GPA (Biochem was pure hell!). I hope I'm not an automatic "reject"



Well you know at least 50% of their class has a GPA below median....

I only buy the whole California GPA thing with Berkeley and Stanford I don't think UCLA or USC are going to be that picky.


UCLA has a median gpa higher than CAL. The USC median is on par with the other t-14 schools. CA schools are gpa whores.

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Finally in review! thank the lord!

submitted 12/25
complete 1/15
1st review 1/23

median lsat with barely 25th gpa.. does anybody else smell waitlist for me? :?: :?:

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:31 am

LyricsToLitigation wrote:Finally in review! thank the lord!

submitted 12/25
complete 1/15
1st review 1/23

median lsat with barely 25th gpa.. does anybody else smell waitlist for me? :?: :?:


I've been at 2nd review since 12/12 with <25th gpa and >median LSAT

futurelawstudent14
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby futurelawstudent14 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:24 pm

In Final Review as of yesterday - anybody know how long until Decision Rendered from this point?
I've also had multiple date changes when it was under 2nd review - so hopefully they just think my app is so stellar they want to share it with multiple reviewers? haha




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, curry1, Majestic-12 [Bot], malysh and 15 guests