USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby njdevils2626 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 am

xJD2017x wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
xJD2017x wrote:Who hasn't heard yet??


*raises hand*


Probably a ding at this point.


You're most likely right, but I applied late and only went in CR1 last day of March. Also, the ridiculously low GPA is qualified by having suffered a heart attack just prior to finals last year, making me a fairly unique candidate so I'm holding out hope

IggyLoyola
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby IggyLoyola » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:42 am

CR1 on 3/31, Final Review on 4/11.
Without CR2, does this typically indicate ding/waitlist?
Thanks.

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby njdevils2626 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:08 pm

IggyLoyola wrote:CR1 on 3/31, Final Review on 4/11.
Without CR2, does this typically indicate ding/waitlist?
Thanks.


Don't know the answer to your question, but I have the same CR1 date and I'm still stuck there. Best of luck

xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:52 pm

I was looking at the school website and it mentioned something about reserving the scholarship $$ for those who have been accepted. What's the point of that??

User avatar
Glasseyes
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Glasseyes » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:30 am

xJD2017x wrote:I was looking at the school website and it mentioned something about reserving the scholarship $$ for those who have been accepted. What's the point of that??


Presumably it's so USC can get a sense of who is serious about attending in advance of their deposit deadline, allowing them to free up scholarship funds after the scholly deadline either for heavier negotiations or to offer $$ to more serious candidates who previously didn't get scholarships. Either way it's non-binding; if USC is an option I'd fill that form out before tomorrow.

IggyLoyola
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby IggyLoyola » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:46 am

After advancing to Final Review.. how long did it take to receive your admissions decision?
Thanks.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:48 am

IggyLoyola wrote:After advancing to Final Review.. how long did it take to receive your admissions decision?
Thanks.


Got it the same day

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby alecks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 pm

I went to final review on 4/11. I'm expecting a ding. How long should I wait for the letter?

:cry:

User avatar
emitremmus
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emitremmus » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:46 pm

alecks wrote:I went to final review on 4/11. I'm expecting a ding. How long should I wait for the letter?

:cry:



I received my response the same day later in the evening. 04/10.

IggyLoyola
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby IggyLoyola » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:56 pm

So 4/11 Final Review.. still no word. Does this = ding?
Thanks.

yafosho
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yafosho » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Had a phone call negotiating my scholarship offer today (they originally offered 30k but to go I would probably need more). Phone call was more aggressive in nature than I thought but glad I did it. Any questions about it ask and i'll respond!

texasgirl67
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby texasgirl67 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:43 pm

In 4/14 by email at 3:23pm CST

xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:11 pm

yafosho wrote:Had a phone call negotiating my scholarship offer today (they originally offered 30k but to go I would probably need more). Phone call was more aggressive in nature than I thought but glad I did it. Any questions about it ask and i'll respond!



I think you meant to put your big post here and yeah it was a bit suprising, her job must be on the line or something if they don't get enough revenue.

Kmart153
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kmart153 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 pm

So I went complete to CR1 on 3/20 and checked earlier today and was CR1 and checked just now and am In Final Review (4/14). Is it the general consensus that skipping CR2 is a rejection?

User avatar
springarden82
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby springarden82 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 pm

So I went complete to CR1 on 3/20 and checked earlier today and was CR1 and checked just now and am In Final Review (4/14). Is it the general consensus that skipping CR2 is a rejection?



Plenty of us waiting after CR1 and Final Review for a week or more and no waitlist and no rejection. Hang in there! :D

Kmart153
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kmart153 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:03 pm

springarden82 wrote:
So I went complete to CR1 on 3/20 and checked earlier today and was CR1 and checked just now and am In Final Review (4/14). Is it the general consensus that skipping CR2 is a rejection?



Plenty of us waiting after CR1 and Final Review for a week or more and no waitlist and no rejection. Hang in there! :D



Gotcha! So you never had CR2 either?? Man, they are drawing out this process wayyyy longer than it needs to be. Are they trying to destroy my nerves and sanity before I even get to law school???

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby janetdoe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:21 pm

GUYS. went complete 2/5. haven't gone into review yet. is this normal?'

ALSO- has this happened to anyone else w/hidden fee waivers??

I had a hidden fee waiver. On the status check list, however, there's a bullet stating "application fee paid or waived." It is UN-CHECKED. Everything else on my list is checked off. Should I call? Or did this happen to anyone else that had a hidden fee waiver??

Tburg
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Tburg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 pm

janetdoe wrote:GUYS. went complete 2/5. haven't gone into review yet. is this normal?'

ALSO- has this happened to anyone else w/hidden fee waivers??

I had a hidden fee waiver. On the status check list, however, there's a bullet stating "application fee paid or waived." It is UN-CHECKED. Everything else on my list is checked off. Should I call? Or did this happen to anyone else that had a hidden fee waiver??

I had the fee waiver too. And my box isn't checked off. I'm still in CR1

janetdoe
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:13 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby janetdoe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Tburg wrote:I had the fee waiver too. And my box isn't checked off. I'm still in CR1


Thank you for responding! So, this is normal for the fee waivers, I guess ???

Do you mind sharing when you went complete and then into CR1?

Tburg
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Tburg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 pm

janetdoe wrote:
Tburg wrote:I had the fee waiver too. And my box isn't checked off. I'm still in CR1


Thank you for responding! So, this is normal for the fee waivers, I guess ???

Do you mind sharing when you went complete and then into CR1?

Complete 1/27-28
CR1 3/27

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby njdevils2626 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 pm

CR1 3/31

FR 4/14

Hoping for the best

almostthere1
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby almostthere1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 am

Cr1 3/31
Fr 4/14

good luck those who are being reviewed!

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby njdevils2626 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:54 pm

almostthere1 wrote:Cr1 3/31
Fr 4/14

good luck those who are being reviewed!


Yes, best of luck to the both of us. Any idea how long we should be expecting to wait before hearing?

yamsandmoreyams
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yamsandmoreyams » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:12 pm

If anyone does that waitlist video interview, could you let the rest of us know how it goes? Like whether they're just asking simple stuff like "why USC?" or more specific/weird questions.
I'm planning on doing it in about a week.

IggyLoyola
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby IggyLoyola » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:13 pm

No clue. Anyone spoken w admissions?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”