USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:06 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:DING DING DING.

First and last rejection of the cycle. I wouldn't have gone anyways.

in SD.


Goddammit.

So not excited to go home... (MN)

User avatar
yeslekkkk
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yeslekkkk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:DING DING DING.

First and last rejection of the cycle. I wouldn't have gone anyways.

in SD.


Goddammit.

So not excited to go home... (MN)


and by SD, I mean San Diego, not South Dakota. Sorry if that misled anyone.

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Chillin' at 01/27 complete; no date changes.

Tony Soprano
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Tony Soprano » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:34 pm

For anyone interested in scholarship timelines, I was accepted in the 3/3 wave and just received scholly info by email.

bnnh
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bnnh » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Dinged. Bay Area

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Ding'd via snail mail :cry:

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:09 pm

How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.


It was the same standard ding letter all schools send. Almost word for word the same as the 5 I received.

They don't call you a potato or anything, but they don't offer you admission either.

User avatar
bkegslounge
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bkegslounge » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.

I checked my mail Saturday night after drinking with some friends. I didn't even read it. Burned the letter to ash...

I went to UCLA for undergrad so watching something burn with the letters "USC" on it was pretty cathartic... not gonna lie. :twisted:

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.


It was the same standard ding letter all schools send. Almost word for word the same as the 5 I received.

They don't call you a potato or anything, but they don't offer you admission either.


Lol fair enough. Braced emotionally ;)

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 pm

bkegslounge wrote:
Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.

I checked my mail Saturday night after drinking with some friends. I didn't even read it. Burned the letter to ash...

I went to UCLA for undergrad so watching something burn with the letters "USC" on it was pretty cathartic... not gonna lie. :twisted:


Hahah.

So where you guys gonna go for law school as we close up this admissions cycle?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:20 pm

Moonlight wrote:
bkegslounge wrote:
Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.

I checked my mail Saturday night after drinking with some friends. I didn't even read it. Burned the letter to ash...

I went to UCLA for undergrad so watching something burn with the letters "USC" on it was pretty cathartic... not gonna lie. :twisted:


Hahah.

So where you guys gonna go for law school as we close up this admissions cycle?


Looks like I have no choice but to start my own.

Welcome to LeBrarian Booker's Pretty Good Law School!

User avatar
bkegslounge
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bkegslounge » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
bkegslounge wrote:
Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.

I checked my mail Saturday night after drinking with some friends. I didn't even read it. Burned the letter to ash...

I went to UCLA for undergrad so watching something burn with the letters "USC" on it was pretty cathartic... not gonna lie. :twisted:


Hahah.

So where you guys gonna go for law school as we close up this admissions cycle?


Looks like I have no choice but to start my own.

Welcome to LeBrarian Booker's Pretty Good Law School!

I guess if your job is to run your own law school and you're the only one in it then your school will have a 100% employment score! yay!

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:25 pm

bkegslounge wrote:I guess if your job is to run your own law school and you're the only one in it then your school will have a 100% employment score! yay!


And I will also be top of my class.

(As well as bottom of my class, but shhh)

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:38 pm

PhenomenalWoman wrote:Chillin' at 01/27 complete; no date changes.

01/13 complete here. I don't think they will even bother to ding me. Just silence.

xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Anyone been accepted the today or last week or so??

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

xJD2017x wrote:Anyone been accepted the today or last week or so??


Maybe, but not that I've seen at least. According to last year's thread, from here on out it's mostly ding's, with the exception of the extremely special case here or there.

whyhellotherelaw
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby whyhellotherelaw » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Somebody mind posting the text of the ding letter to spare me the sorrow?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:02 pm

whyhellotherelaw wrote:Somebody mind posting the text of the ding letter to spare me the sorrow?


Snail mail. Can't give you the copypasta.

whyhellotherelaw
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby whyhellotherelaw » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
whyhellotherelaw wrote:Somebody mind posting the text of the ding letter to spare me the sorrow?


Snail mail. Can't give you the copypasta.


General jist of the ring-a-ding-ding?

User avatar
Lebrarian_Booker
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 pm

whyhellotherelaw wrote:
Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
whyhellotherelaw wrote:Somebody mind posting the text of the ding letter to spare me the sorrow?


Snail mail. Can't give you the copypasta.


General jist of the ring-a-ding-ding?


They thank you for applying. They tell you they got a lot of apps for very few spots. They're, of course, very impressed with your credentials--but, alas, cannot offer you admission.

Moonlight
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:19 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Moonlight » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Moonlight wrote:
bkegslounge wrote:
Moonlight wrote:How was the letter? Was it condescending or friendly for a ding? I assume I'll get my ding letter later when I go home.

I checked my mail Saturday night after drinking with some friends. I didn't even read it. Burned the letter to ash...

I went to UCLA for undergrad so watching something burn with the letters "USC" on it was pretty cathartic... not gonna lie. :twisted:


Hahah.

So where you guys gonna go for law school as we close up this admissions cycle?


Looks like I have no choice but to start my own.

Welcome to LeBrarian Booker's Pretty Good Law School!


Lol! Looking for a partner school? We can form our own club in lieu of the ABA ;P

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mes10d » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Anyone with median/75th stats stuck in 1st or 2nd committee? I've undergone 2 committee reads but have been stuck since 2/27.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 pm

mes10d wrote:Anyone with median/75th stats stuck in 1st or 2nd committee? I've undergone 2 committee reads but have been stuck since 2/27.


I'm above both 75s. stuck at 3/4

xJD2017x
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: USC c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xJD2017x » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Suprised they would reject a 165 3.7 according to LSN. That's median GPA, you would think a waitlist for sure especially now that apps are declining.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Justtrying2help and 12 guests