George Washington C/O 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Dark Shepard

Bronze
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby The Dark Shepard » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:13 pm

Are we assuming the final round of scholarships goes out this week?

User avatar
yossarian

Silver
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby yossarian » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:48 pm

The Dark Shepard wrote:Are we assuming the final round of scholarships goes out this week?


That's my understanding.

User avatar
inyoureyes89

New
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby inyoureyes89 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 am

hoping we get scholly notification soon!!!

azug2azlaw

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby azug2azlaw » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:27 pm

How can they be sending out the final round of scholly info if a ton of still haven't even heard if we got in?

User avatar
anna8506

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby anna8506 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:28 pm

inyoureyes89 wrote:hoping we get scholly notification soon!!!

+1 !!!!!

User avatar
Yazzzay

Bronze
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Yazzzay » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm

azug2azlaw wrote:How can they be sending out the final round of scholly info if a ton of still haven't even heard if we got in?


+1, especially if we applied 2+ months ago you would think they would get to that first...lol DING or the beloved waitlist coming my way I'm sure :/.

User avatar
mes10d

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby mes10d » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 pm

singftw wrote:I received a substantial scholarship (near full tuition) from Washington & Lee but only 10k a year from GW. Does anyone know if GW considers W&L a peer school in terms of scholarship negotiation?


Maybe? If the new USNWR rankings matter to GW, then probably not.

singftw

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby singftw » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Thinking I should've tried negotiating earlier. :\
Last edited by singftw on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

ojala

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby ojala » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Could someone post a link to the GW status checker? The link in my email does not work and I can't seem to find it on the website.

haus

Gold
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby haus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:37 pm

ojala wrote:Could someone post a link to the GW status checker? The link in my email does not work and I can't seem to find it on the website.

In the email I received, the link was broken, but if you cut and pasted the text provided for the link it would take you to the correct page.

User avatar
elendinel

Silver
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby elendinel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 pm

mes10d wrote:
singftw wrote:I received a substantial scholarship (near full tuition) from Washington & Lee but only 10k a year from GW. Does anyone know if GW considers W&L a peer school in terms of scholarship negotiation?


Maybe? If the new USNWR rankings matter to GW, then probably not.


Does anyone think a scholarship from Fordham (for a PT program) would change anything should I not get a scholarship from GW this week?

User avatar
lemons

Bronze
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby lemons » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:50 pm

So is there any consensus on how many complete date changes are normal? I've had two so far but my app still says complete =/ I'm just hoping there has been some kind of progress! :)

The Dark Shepard

Bronze
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby The Dark Shepard » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm getting antsy on the scholarship part. I'm visiting Thursday and keep hoping that I'll hear before, but it'll probably be Friday I suppose

User avatar
Metaplay

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Metaplay » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm

GW isn't considering scholarship increases until April... After the first seat deposit.

User avatar
Yazzzay

Bronze
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Yazzzay » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:16 pm

lemons wrote:So is there any consensus on how many complete date changes are normal? I've had two so far but my app still says complete =/ I'm just hoping there has been some kind of progress! :)


Hold up- there are date changes at all? I thought it stays at the original date it went "complete" and will eventually change to a new date with "decision made"...no other mid-dates?

Reaffirming my suspicions GW is a no-go for me. I'm at 9 weeks now...

The Dark Shepard

Bronze
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby The Dark Shepard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:11 am

Metaplay wrote:GW isn't considering scholarship increases until April... After the first seat deposit.


I'm talking initial scholarship here. I havn't gotten anything yet and we think the third wave is this week

User avatar
RonBurgundy

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby RonBurgundy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:50 am

Yazzzay wrote:
lemons wrote:So is there any consensus on how many complete date changes are normal? I've had two so far but my app still says complete =/ I'm just hoping there has been some kind of progress! :)


Hold up- there are date changes at all? I thought it stays at the original date it went "complete" and will eventually change to a new date with "decision made"...no other mid-dates?

Reaffirming my suspicions GW is a no-go for me. I'm at 9 weeks now...


I applied late February and have had two different complete dates changes. One very recently. No idea what it means but I hope we all hear back soon.

nmic

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby nmic » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 am

Metaplay wrote:GW isn't considering scholarship increases until April... After the first seat deposit.


Did you try negotiating with them and that's what they said? By the first seat deposit do they mean April 1st or 15th?

Thorcogan

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Thorcogan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Decision Made via status checker. Anyone know when I can expect the email?

pauly_biegler

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby pauly_biegler » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:23 pm

still no initial scholly offer on my end…

GW is slipping hard...

Thorcogan

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Thorcogan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Thorcogan wrote:Decision Made via status checker. Anyone know when I can expect the email?


IN via admitted students portal.

complete 2/27
date change 3/10
Decision Made 3/13

LSAT = median
GPA > 25%

strong softs

haus

Gold
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby haus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Thorcogan wrote:
Thorcogan wrote:Decision Made via status checker. Anyone know when I can expect the email?


IN via admitted students portal.

complete 2/27
date change 3/10
Decision Made 3/13

LSAT = median
GPA > 25%

strong softs

Congrats

Thorcogan

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Thorcogan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm

haus wrote:
Thorcogan wrote:
Thorcogan wrote:Decision Made via status checker. Anyone know when I can expect the email?


IN via admitted students portal.

complete 2/27
date change 3/10
Decision Made 3/13

LSAT = median
GPA > 25%

strong softs

Congrats


Thanks :)

User avatar
dwalt1

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby dwalt1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Decision made and I can log into the admitted students portal!!! What a pleasant surprise!

haus

Gold
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby haus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm

dwalt1 wrote:Decision made and I can log into the admitted students portal!!! What a pleasant surprise!

Nice!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests