George Washington C/O 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
terrapinjetta
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby terrapinjetta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:57 am

tomjones wrote:anyone else lookin at a 12/20 complete date? i applied 11/18. also hope it's good news for y'all with decision finalized!


Applied 12/09, complete 12/20 still...

PAGator2014
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby PAGator2014 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:01 am

Accepted this morning via e-mail! Can't wait to visit the campus and attend an admitted students event!

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby gbelle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:03 am

PAGator2014 wrote:Accepted this morning via e-mail! Can't wait to visit the campus and attend an admitted students event!


Do you mind sharing your last status update?
(For this girl sitting at 11/6 especially)

PS CONGRATS!!!!

elendinel
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby elendinel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:27 am

Accepted today as well (Applied 12/16, went from 12/17 to 12/20 to decision 1/13)!

I applied ED but was admitted RD (PT).

User avatar
adbuckley
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby adbuckley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 am

gbelle wrote:
PAGator2014 wrote:Accepted this morning via e-mail! Can't wait to visit the campus and attend an admitted students event!


Do you mind sharing your last status update?
(For this girl sitting at 11/6 especially)

PS CONGRATS!!!!


In today! And from one 11/6 girl to another, I'm sending you good vibes!

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby pompoms » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:33 am

adbuckley wrote:
gbelle wrote:
PAGator2014 wrote:Accepted this morning via e-mail! Can't wait to visit the campus and attend an admitted students event!


Do you mind sharing your last status update?
(For this girl sitting at 11/6 especially)

PS CONGRATS!!!!


In today! And from one 11/6 girl to another, I'm sending you good vibes!


THERE'S HOPE!!!

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby gbelle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:36 am

adbuckley wrote:
gbelle wrote:
PAGator2014 wrote:Accepted this morning via e-mail! Can't wait to visit the campus and attend an admitted students event!


Do you mind sharing your last status update?
(For this girl sitting at 11/6 especially)

PS CONGRATS!!!!


In today! And from one 11/6 girl to another, I'm sending you good vibes!


AW THANK YOU!!!! And passing them along to everyone else stuck at the 11/6 update

thatgingergirl
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby thatgingergirl » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 am

In today via e-mail. Applied ED but was accepted RD.

User avatar
deuceindc
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby deuceindc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 am

Congrats to everyone who's been admitted. Just got my first date change today, so hopefully I'll get to join the admits pool soon.

If anyone has questions about financial aid or Admitted Students Day, let me know - I was admitted last cycle and attended ASD. I've also lived in DC for the past 5 years, so PM me if you have any specific questions about visiting or living here.

terrapinjetta
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby terrapinjetta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:48 am

Congratulations everyone admitted!

Any admits mind posting stats/timeline?

bpc2110
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby bpc2110 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Applied 11/15 with October score, in today 1/14 after sending December score.
3.55/167

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby angels2fly » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:06 pm

In! LSAT @ 75th, GPA >> 75th

Submitted Mid December but didn't go complete until Dec. LSAT

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:10 pm

angels2fly wrote:In! LSAT @ 75th, GPA >> 75th

Submitted Mid December but didn't go complete until Dec. LSAT

Congrats!!!!

Totally making me jealous that I didn't submit before I recieved my score!

User avatar
uncreative
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby uncreative » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Anyone in ED?

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm

For those of you who applied ED but were accepted RD, were you notified prior to the decision being rendered that you were being deferred to the RD pool? Or did GW tell you that you were accepted through the RD pool on your acceptance email? Congrats to everyone accepted thus far!

elendinel
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby elendinel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:For those of you who applied ED but were accepted RD, were you notified prior to the decision being rendered that you were being deferred to the RD pool? Or did GW tell you that you were accepted through the RD pool on your acceptance email? Congrats to everyone accepted thus far!


I was told via my acceptance email. Guess it was probably better that way?

thatgingergirl
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby thatgingergirl » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Informed that I was not admitted ED but told I was accepted RD in the same email. Which is good. I knew ED was a long shot, but I assumed I was going to have to wait a few weeks before hearing back RD.
161/3.77

Avocat1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Avocat1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 am

Did anyone else get invited to interview? Or already had their interview and know what the questions are like.

PAGator2014
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby PAGator2014 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:44 am

Does anyone know how long it took to receive their acceptance package in the mail? I'm really looking forward to reading through some more material about the school!

CJ Cregg
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:10 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby CJ Cregg » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:45 am

Looks to me like all of us who applied ED and didn't get it, but did get admitted RD got their emails yesterday. I knew it was a stretch, but still disappointed.. (not getting ED). I am still super excited on being admitted.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby yossarian » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:56 am

PAGator2014 wrote:Does anyone know how long it took to receive their acceptance package in the mail? I'm really looking forward to reading through some more material about the school!


Admissions posted a picture of a huge (~200 maybe) batch of acceptance packages en route to be mailed late last week. (Thursday I think?) So, add a day for weather and whatever the normal DC to you mail time would be. In the midwest, I'm expecting mine today or tomorrow.

User avatar
WestWingWatcher
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby WestWingWatcher » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 am

Application completed 1/13 In Review 1/12 Application Received 12/30

Is there a difference between application received and application complete? Does application complete mean its done being reviewed? In other schools I know the answer is no, but since it never went complete before it went into review, I'm curious.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby gbelle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:55 am

WestWingWatcher wrote:Application completed 1/13 In Review 1/12 Application Received 12/30

Is there a difference between application received and application complete? Does application complete mean its done being reviewed? In other schools I know the answer is no, but since it never went complete before it went into review, I'm curious.


Wait a second, did everyone go under review? I just feel like mine has said complete since 11/6..... I could be really wrong though.

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby yossarian » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm

gbelle wrote:
Wait a second, did everyone go under review? I just feel like mine has said complete since 11/6..... I could be really wrong though.


Mine jumped straight from complete to decision made. Acceptance email came within the hour of the status checker update. Mine was on Wednesday 1/8 around 1pm ET. So here's hoping for another batch today and your acceptance email!

INFO: I submitted 12/17 and went complete before Christmas.

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby pompoms » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm

gbelle wrote:
WestWingWatcher wrote:Application completed 1/13 In Review 1/12 Application Received 12/30

Is there a difference between application received and application complete? Does application complete mean its done being reviewed? In other schools I know the answer is no, but since it never went complete before it went into review, I'm curious.


Wait a second, did everyone go under review? I just feel like mine has said complete since 11/6..... I could be really wrong though.


I'm "Application Complete" since 11/6, not "Under Review" FWIW.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”