George Washington C/O 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby hos9903 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:47 pm

tpfennin wrote:
hos9903 wrote:has anyone who got the accept email last week received an admissions packet in the mail yet?


I was accepted in the first batch and still have not received a package....


was last Tuesday the first batch? That's when I got the email and yea, still no package. Reading last year's thread it sounds like the packages are pretty cool. But it sounds like we'll have to wait until February to hear about merit awards anyway, right?

mec246
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby mec246 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 pm

AndiDail wrote:
Attax wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:Status checker updated to yesterday's date. Second complete


Mine too! Exciting. I ED'ed here.


Same!


Same here! Do we think that means decision made? Any chance we'll hear today?

iza3nee
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby iza3nee » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 pm

hos9903 wrote:
tpfennin wrote:
hos9903 wrote:has anyone who got the accept email last week received an admissions packet in the mail yet?


I was accepted in the first batch and still have not received a package....


was last Tuesday the first batch? That's when I got the email and yea, still no package. Reading last year's thread it sounds like the packages are pretty cool. But it sounds like we'll have to wait until February to hear about merit awards anyway, right?



Seems so. I'm patiently wai....no I'm not I'm checking the mail everyday now looking for my packet. Can't wait...feels like that's when I know it's official.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 am

mec246 wrote:
AndiDail wrote:
Attax wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:Status checker updated to yesterday's date. Second complete


Mine too! Exciting. I ED'ed here.


Same!


Same here! Do we think that means decision made? Any chance we'll hear today?


Didn't hear today. Not sure what it means, but with multiple people getting it it seems like a positive sign to me. When did y'all submit? I submitted 11/30.

mec246
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby mec246 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:54 am

BentleyLittle wrote:Status checker updated to yesterday's date. Second complete


Attax wrote:Mine too! Exciting. I ED'ed here.


AndiDail wrote:Same!


mec246 wrote:Same here! Do we think that means decision made? Any chance we'll hear today?


Attax wrote:Didn't hear today. Not sure what it means, but with multiple people getting it it seems like a positive sign to me. When did y'all submit? I submitted 11/30.



I submitted 11/25, so the same week as you.

omzster67
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby omzster67 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Any word on scholarships? Are those going to come later or with the acceptance package?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby jk148706 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:29 pm

omzster67 wrote:Any word on scholarships? Are those going to come later or with the acceptance package?


I believe I read that scholarship info doesn't come out until February.

Has anyone received his or her acceptance package yet?

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2084
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby BmoreOrLess » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:00 pm

jk148706 wrote:
omzster67 wrote:Any word on scholarships? Are those going to come later or with the acceptance package?


I believe I read that scholarship info doesn't come out until February.

Has anyone received his or her acceptance package yet?


I ran through last year's thread and it looks like they started hitting peoples spam inbox's around middle-late January.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katraa
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby katraa » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Checking in. In on Monday I believe it was. No packet yet.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby BentleyLittle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:22 pm

So what’s the “status journey” with GW? Does GW go to “decision made” prior to a decision? Or is there just a an date change? If the latter, how many date changes are typical?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Attax » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:37 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:So what’s the “status journey” with GW? Does GW go to “decision made” prior to a decision? Or is there just a an date change? If the latter, how many date changes are typical?


What I've gotten so far:

Stuff received
1st complete
2nd complete

No decision yet, but I've heard it comes after the complete date changes.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby jk148706 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:No acceptance packet yet, but got a pretty sweet Christmas card today!

iza3nee
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby iza3nee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:15 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:No acceptance packet yet, but got a pretty sweet Christmas card today!



Yep same here...pretty snazzy lol

zlatanlaw
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby zlatanlaw » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:24 pm

I received the package today. It's nice and fancy. Comes with a formal acceptance letter hand signed by the the dean of admissions and a GW law school booklet.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby str8yolked » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 pm

zlatanlaw wrote:I received the package today. It's nice and fancy. Comes with a formal acceptance letter hand signed by the the dean of admissions and a GW law school booklet.


When were you accepted?

zlatanlaw
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby zlatanlaw » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 pm

str8yolked wrote:
zlatanlaw wrote:I received the package today. It's nice and fancy. Comes with a formal acceptance letter hand signed by the the dean of admissions and a GW law school booklet.


When were you accepted?


I received the acceptance email on December 3rd. Also, I live in the DC area.

iza3nee
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby iza3nee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Received acceptance package in the mail today. Got the acceptance email last week Tuesday. :D

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 am

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MaryPrime
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby MaryPrime » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:35 am

Has anyone heard back on their ED applications?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Attax » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:59 pm

MaryPrime wrote:Has anyone heard back on their ED applications?


nnnope

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby outlawscr10 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Decision made. 12/16.

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby 0913djp » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Got the christmas card this weekend. Hoping for the package today when I get home.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:05 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iza3nee
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby iza3nee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Just got my packet! It's quite lovely!



Odd size paper but it is pretty




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, Christinabruin, dianersg, ellielaw, Exabot [Bot], kadams, lawschoolbound2017, Mr. Bubbles, spursforever, sre08, xn3345 and 43 guests