George Washington C/O 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Agentsoapbox
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Agentsoapbox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 am

I don't know. It's a strange cycle. If you're on the cusp, I imagine its a defacto waitlist. If you are way below, like a 152... then obviously they just didn't get to your application. I thought I was definitely out, but hey, waitlist!

rowyourboat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby rowyourboat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Agentsoapbox wrote:I don't know. It's a strange cycle. If you're on the cusp, I imagine its a defacto waitlist. If you are way below, like a 152... then obviously they just didn't get to your application. I thought I was definitely out, but hey, waitlist!


How do they not get to someones application? Doesn't everyone get a fair read/look through and isn't everyone guaranteed some kind of answer....?

User avatar
Agentsoapbox
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Agentsoapbox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Well, if you applied in mid-march that only gives them 4 weeks to go through your application and give you an answer. The admission deadline is 3/31 and the deposit deadline is 4/15. It's very understandable if you submit late that you will get a decision later than most.

I went complete 2/14 and this friday makes about 8 weeks since I went complete. Deposit at your preferred school and hope for the best. That's what I'm doing.

singftw
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby singftw » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Did anyone who had a deposit deadline of April 1 and didn't deposit hear anything back from GW (deadline extension, scholarship increase) after the deadline passed? Or were you just automatically withdrawn?

User avatar
dcapu003
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby dcapu003 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Withdrew from all other schools, guess I'm officially a Colonial now!

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2847
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby haus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:03 pm

dcapu003 wrote:Withdrew from all other schools, guess I'm officially a Colonial now!

Enjoy DC!

bowwow
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:12 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby bowwow » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 am

withdrew. hope more of you can get scholly from mine

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby gbelle » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 am

Deposited yesterday.
Still waiting on NYU and Columbia, but I will be happy to join the class in the fall if I don´t end up staying in New York!

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby mes10d » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Deposited April 1 and waiting on the email for more $ (hopefully)!

Assuming things with other schools and WLs don't pan out, I'll be attending GW and am really excited about it.

Smer45
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Smer45 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Haven't heard a peep since 2/14 :(. Just called admissions and they said everyone should have a decision within the next 2 week.

User avatar
Agentsoapbox
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:43 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Agentsoapbox » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:57 pm

I hate to say it... but, you were waitlisted at Tulane. What makes you think you stand a chance at GW?

And I don't mean that in a snobby way, lord knows my numbers aren't competetive. But what do you think makes your application particularly strong at GW?

Smer45
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Smer45 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Agentsoapbox wrote:I hate to say it... but, you were waitlisted at Tulane. What makes you think you stand a chance at GW?

And I don't mean that in a snobby way, lord knows my numbers aren't competetive. But what do you think makes your application particularly strong at GW?


I don't think I ever said there was anything that makes my application particularly strong. Just trying to give a little piece of mind to those of us that haven't received a decision yet.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby chizzy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:25 pm

.
Last edited by chizzy on Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rowyourboat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby rowyourboat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Smer45 wrote:Haven't heard a peep since 2/14 :(. Just called admissions and they said everyone should have a decision within the next 2 week.


Same here, 1/16 complete. Unless you're above a 165, I think it's a slim chance to expect to get in at this point, considering the fact that deposit day was yesterday and there's already a hefty waitlist.

okong
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby okong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm

I was waitlisted as well! Anyone have any tips of what I should include on my LOCI? I'm drawing a huge blank on how to market myself. GW Law is my #1. I don't want to repeat what's in my application, but I also don't have anything new to report :|

IggyLoyola
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:59 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby IggyLoyola » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 pm

.
Last edited by IggyLoyola on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

okong
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby okong » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Early feb.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2847
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby haus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:18 am

Dinged via email (part-time)

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby yossarian » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:20 am

Withdrew. Hope it frees up some money.

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby altoid99 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:21 am

They refused to increase my scholarship even though I have a significantly better offer from a peer school. Probably withdrawing soon. I've gotten the impression that GW operates like a for-profit business--at least much more so than the other schools I applied to. It's very off-putting and has left a bad impression on me. Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions.

acc123
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby acc123 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am

altoid99 wrote:They refused to increase my scholarship even though I have a significantly better offer from a peer school. Probably withdrawing soon. I've gotten the impression that GW operates like a for-profit business--at least much more so than the other schools I applied to. It's very off-putting and has left a bad impression on me. Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions.


I had the exact same experience. Got full tuition at Alabama and $27k/year from Emory, $33k/year from WashU and GW offered $10k/year and then bumped me to $16k/year as their final offer. I really wanted to be in DC but there is no way I was going to go $36k/year out of pocket for tuition plus double my COL compared to everywhere else to be there.

User avatar
Dredd_2017
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Dredd_2017 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:24 pm

In today, no mention of scholarship offer in the email. Does that come later with the packet they say they're mailing?

My decision will be based almost entirely on scholly versus peer schools, and reading the last few posts it doesn't look promising. Still, I'll update when I hear something.

LSAT > 75th
GPA < 25th

frogcandi26
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby frogcandi26 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 am

Dredd_2017 wrote:In today, no mention of scholarship offer in the email. Does that come later with the packet they say they're mailing?

My decision will be based almost entirely on scholly versus peer schools, and reading the last few posts it doesn't look promising. Still, I'll update when I hear something.

LSAT > 75th
GPA < 25th


Had you been waitlisted or you just hadn't received a decision yet?

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby chizzy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

.
Last edited by chizzy on Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

okong
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby okong » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:23 pm

I was told a couple hundred. :cry: :|




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], uhwrestler and 7 guests