George Washington C/O 2017

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby King Cayuga » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:33 pm

This is a little surprising. I submitted on 10/19, went complete 10/22, and updated once on 11/6. No one with my numbers has gotten rejected in the past few cycles, and my friend with worse numbers was just admitted with batch yesterday. GW doesn't yield protect from looking at LSN, so I wonder what's holding things up. I have a very minor C&F issue, but it wasn't a problem at Cornell and Georgetown. Anyone have any ideas?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby mx23250 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:41 pm

King Cayuga wrote:This is a little surprising. I submitted on 10/19, went complete 10/22, and updated once on 11/6. No one with my numbers has gotten rejected in the past few cycles, and my friend with worse numbers was just admitted with batch yesterday. GW doesn't yield protect from looking at LSN, so I wonder what's holding things up. I have a very minor C&F issue, but it wasn't a problem at Cornell and Georgetown. Anyone have any ideas?


Maybe there are additional reviews specific for scholarship consideration. If you're an especially strong candidate perhaps they're spending a little extra time to evaluate how large of a scholarship offer to provide? Just a thought.

User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby King Cayuga » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:45 pm

mx23250 wrote:
King Cayuga wrote:This is a little surprising. I submitted on 10/19, went complete 10/22, and updated once on 11/6. No one with my numbers has gotten rejected in the past few cycles, and my friend with worse numbers was just admitted with batch yesterday. GW doesn't yield protect from looking at LSN, so I wonder what's holding things up. I have a very minor C&F issue, but it wasn't a problem at Cornell and Georgetown. Anyone have any ideas?


Maybe there are additional reviews specific for scholarship consideration. If you're an especially strong candidate perhaps they're spending a little extra time to evaluate how large of a scholarship offer to provide? Just a thought.


Yeah, that could be it. I would consider taking GW with a ton of money over Cornell/Georgetown/other low T14s with little to no money, so hopefully they're generous this year.

User avatar
dcapu003
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby dcapu003 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?

0913djp
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby 0913djp » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:27 pm

I don't think I'll attend without significant aid. Granted, I don't think I'll get much with my #'s.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 pm

0913djp wrote:I don't think I'll attend without significant aid. Granted, I don't think I'll get much with my #'s.


How do you compare to the medians? Usually if you're on par or above the medians, you can get a sizable amount.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby wtrc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm

dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?

User avatar
dcapu003
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby dcapu003 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:36 am

wtrc wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

dcapu003 wrote:
wtrc wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.


Smells like YP desperation if it's true. Hopefully it isn't. Schools haven't gone completely off their rocker, have they? ...Actually, don't answer that.

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby pompoms » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm

The Dark Kite wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:
wtrc wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.


Smells like YP desperation if it's true. Hopefully it isn't. Schools haven't gone completely off their rocker, have they? ...Actually, don't answer that.


+1

User avatar
candlelight18
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby candlelight18 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:05 pm

dcapu003 wrote:
wtrc wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.


If I remember correctly ED for GW is a full ride so I really don't see why they would want someone to switch to ED

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:34 pm

candlelight18 wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:
wtrc wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.


If I remember correctly ED for GW is a full ride so I really don't see why they would want someone to switch to ED


You don't? Think about it: someone sends in an early RD app... with stellar numbers, or numbers better than most in the ED patch... you replace someone in the ED patch with him/hold them into RD and YP and give the money to someone with better stats. It makes total sense.

Total sense... again, if schools are in fact getting that desperate. Which.... isn't that surprising.

User avatar
dcapu003
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby dcapu003 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:44 pm

candlelight18 wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:
wtrc wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.


If I remember correctly ED for GW is a full ride so I really don't see why they would want someone to switch to ED


Yeah, except she's below the 25th for GPA and LSAT, so it's definitely not that. I was just trying to find out if she was telling me the truth, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby hos9903 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 pm

how is GW with scholarships? I was accepted at 25th GPA and 75th LSAT and trying to figure out if I'll have any money at all coming from them

linkx13
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby linkx13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:42 pm

hos9903 wrote:how is GW with scholarships? I was accepted at 25th GPA and 75th LSAT and trying to figure out if I'll have any money at all coming from them


I second this.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Attax » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:00 pm

linkx13 wrote:
hos9903 wrote:how is GW with scholarships? I was accepted at 25th GPA and 75th LSAT and trying to figure out if I'll have any money at all coming from them


I second this.


No idea other than for ED.

mec246
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby mec246 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 pm

dcapu003 wrote:
candlelight18 wrote:
dcapu003 wrote:
wtrc wrote: Anyone ever heard of GW asking a student if they'd be willing to switch from RD to ED?


I've never heard of any school doing that, is that really a thing?



Yeah, seemed a little far fetched to me too. Someone told me GW offered it to them, and I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.


If I remember correctly ED for GW is a full ride so I really don't see why they would want someone to switch to ED


Yeah, except she's below the 25th for GPA and LSAT, so it's definitely not that. I was just trying to find out if she was telling me the truth, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't.[/quote]

GW sent out brochures about their ED program. I received mine after I applied, so that's probably what your friend was referring to.

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby altoid99 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Decision Made today. Please tell me I don't have to wait 10 days to receive it? :cry:

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:15 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldgirl786
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby goldgirl786 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:18 pm

altoid99 wrote:Decision Made today. Please tell me I don't have to wait 10 days to receive it? :cry:


Crossing fingers for you, but when'd you submit? I've been stuck on one date ugh

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby altoid99 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:56 pm

goldgirl786 wrote:
altoid99 wrote:Decision Made today. Please tell me I don't have to wait 10 days to receive it? :cry:


Crossing fingers for you, but when'd you submit? I've been stuck on one date ugh


Thanks! I submitted on November 17. Surprised by the somewhat quick turnaround. Best of luck!

User avatar
g-radical
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby g-radical » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:21 pm

altoid99 wrote:
goldgirl786 wrote:
altoid99 wrote:Decision Made today. Please tell me I don't have to wait 10 days to receive it? :cry:


Crossing fingers for you, but when'd you submit? I've been stuck on one date ugh


Thanks! I submitted on November 17. Surprised by the somewhat quick turnaround. Best of luck!


I went Decision Made today as well and applied 11/19. They seem to have a very quick turnaround. Here's to hoping for a response tomorrow and not Monday!

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby altoid99 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:27 pm

I don't understand why GW teases like this. How hard can it be to send an e-mail along with the update on the status checker?!? UGH Get with the times GW, Jesus :cry:

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby altoid99 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Just checked LSN and it looks like the first rejections/waitlists last year went out in January. I think this bodes well for us :D

User avatar
Pishee77
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 am

Re: George Washington C/O 2017

Postby Pishee77 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Decision Made!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DoYouEvenTLS, SilverSurfer2020, uhwrestler, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests