IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:34 am

Oh I am sorry you got accepted students email...

Please forgive us

IU Admissions...

Allalsmi
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Allalsmi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 am

Allalsmi wrote:
littlegiant wrote:
bbna00 wrote:I received the one-L Insider email today too. How do you know you are still on the waitlist if you got this too?


you guys are reading way too far into that. Anything Dean Motley sends out has that header, same with Mr. Leopold. Its just their "marketing" structure.


Thanks for the input. This was the first e-mail of this nature that I've received, so was not familiar.


Well, apparently we WEREN'T reading too far into the e-mail. In fact, we were spot on. That e-mail was intended for IU admits only. I received an apology for the error e-mail.

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby littlegiant » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 am

Allalsmi wrote:
Allalsmi wrote:
littlegiant wrote:
bbna00 wrote:I received the one-L Insider email today too. How do you know you are still on the waitlist if you got this too?


you guys are reading way too far into that. Anything Dean Motley sends out has that header, same with Mr. Leopold. Its just their "marketing" structure.


Thanks for the input. This was the first e-mail of this nature that I've received, so was not familiar.


Well, apparently we WEREN'T reading too far into the e-mail. In fact, we were spot on. That e-mail was intended for IU admits only. I received an apology for the error e-mail.


my bad

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 am

I got waitlisted.

If you dont want to go, please decline. My top choice right here

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 pm

In off of the waitlist with $75,000! Thought they were just sending me poor emails again!
Last edited by Attax on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Attax wrote:In off of the waitlist with $75,000/year!!!! Thought they were just sending me poor emails again!


Your WL was shocking to me.

Chances you take the offer >1%?

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby John Everyman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Attax wrote:In off of the waitlist with $75,000/year!!!! Thought they were just sending me poor emails again!


75 a year? Is that tuition plus stipend?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:In off of the waitlist with $75,000/year!!!! Thought they were just sending me poor emails again!


Your WL was shocking to me.

Chances you take the offer >1%?


Thanks, I was pretty meh about it too, but bet I'm one of the forst off so that makes me feel special.

And if itbactually were per year I'd take it. If the typos aren't a good indicator, I'm posting from my phone. I meant 25,000/year

amohiuddin
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby amohiuddin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Attax wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:In off of the waitlist with $75,000/year!!!! Thought they were just sending me poor emails again!


Your WL was shocking to me.

Chances you take the offer >1%?


Thanks, I was pretty meh about it too, but bet I'm one of the forst off so that makes me feel special.

And if itbactually were per year I'd take it. If the typos aren't a good indicator, I'm posting from my phone. I meant 25,000/year


Any advice for those still on the waitlist. I've sent them two loci's already, nothing yet for me.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:45 pm

amohiuddin wrote:
Attax wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:In off of the waitlist with $75,000/year!!!! Thought they were just sending me poor emails again!


Your WL was shocking to me.

Chances you take the offer >1%?


Thanks, I was pretty meh about it too, but bet I'm one of the forst off so that makes me feel special.

And if itbactually were per year I'd take it. If the typos aren't a good indicator, I'm posting from my phone. I meant 25,000/year


Any advice for those still on the waitlist. I've sent them two loci's already, nothing yet for me.


Retake? I had absolutely no communication with them, no LOCI, nothing. I am >>>75th though

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:09 pm

BankruptMe wrote:I got waitlisted.

If you dont want to go, please decline. My top choice right here


Will be withdrawing

Allalsmi
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Allalsmi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:19 pm

jk148706 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:I got waitlisted.

If you dont want to go, please decline. My top choice right here


Will be withdrawing


Keep on withdrawing, everyone! I'm on the wait list and live in Bloomington with my family. No other choice for me! Although I wouldn't go anywhere else anyway. Go Hoosiers!!!

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Looking for a movement in the next few weeks.

Everybody who got an extension has had theirs extended to April 15.

Im predicting movement on the week of the 21st.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 am

Just withdrew $$. Good luck to everyone ITT

amohiuddin
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby amohiuddin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 am

jk148706 wrote:Just withdrew $$. Good luck to everyone ITT


Thank you, we need more people like you in the world

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby littlegiant » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:13 pm

just confirmed. see ya'll in the fall. looking for a roommate, let me know if youre interested

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Is anyone accepting or withdrawing offers, I know tomorrow is the last day for those that asked for extensions.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:15 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Is anyone accepting or withdrawing offers, I know tomorrow is the last day for those that asked for extensions.

Just withdrew... Good luck everyone!

amohiuddin
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby amohiuddin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:33 pm

anna8506 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Is anyone accepting or withdrawing offers, I know tomorrow is the last day for those that asked for extensions.

Just withdrew... Good luck everyone!


Thank you. Do you know when they usually send out calls to those on the waitlist? Also is it a good Idea to call the admissions office during this time just to show my interest rather than emailing them?

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:45 pm

amohiuddin wrote:
anna8506 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Is anyone accepting or withdrawing offers, I know tomorrow is the last day for those that asked for extensions.

Just withdrew... Good luck everyone!


Thank you. Do you know when they usually send out calls to those on the waitlist? Also is it a good Idea to call the admissions office during this time just to show my interest rather than emailing them?

I have no idea about the waitlist, but I would say showing interest either via phone or email will increase your chance.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:46 pm

amohiuddin wrote:
anna8506 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Is anyone accepting or withdrawing offers, I know tomorrow is the last day for those that asked for extensions.

Just withdrew... Good luck everyone!


Thank you. Do you know when they usually send out calls to those on the waitlist? Also is it a good Idea to call the admissions office during this time just to show my interest rather than emailing them?


I got an email when they pulled me from the WL. I sent in no LOCI and had no communications with them.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Attax wrote:
I got an email when they pulled me from the WL. I sent in no LOCI and had no communications with them.



To be fair, you were a definite YP waitlist -- your numbers aren't borderline (I was admitted with a slightly lower LSAT and GPA). People with both LSATs and GPAs below the median may want to be more pro-active, letting the admissions staff know that you haven't settled on a school yet and will deposit if Indiana sends you an admission offer.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:
I got an email when they pulled me from the WL. I sent in no LOCI and had no communications with them.



To be fair, you were a definite YP waitlist -- your numbers aren't borderline (I was admitted with a slightly lower LSAT and GPA). People with both LSATs and GPAs below the median may want to be more pro-active, letting the admissions staff know that you haven't settled on a school yet and will deposit if Indiana sends you an admission offer.


True, and I should have included this in my original post. I definitely didn't mean it as a you don't have to/shouldn't do this, just that it can happen especially if YP. But I do wish I could visit T or W, why are they offering travel stipends in the middle of the week? Let me come on a Friday like a normal person would be more able to do.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Attax wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:
I got an email when they pulled me from the WL. I sent in no LOCI and had no communications with them.



To be fair, you were a definite YP waitlist -- your numbers aren't borderline (I was admitted with a slightly lower LSAT and GPA). People with both LSATs and GPAs below the median may want to be more pro-active, letting the admissions staff know that you haven't settled on a school yet and will deposit if Indiana sends you an admission offer.


True, and I should have included this in my original post. I definitely didn't mean it as a you don't have to/shouldn't do this, just that it can happen especially if YP. But I do wish I could visit T or W, why are they offering travel stipends in the middle of the week? Let me come on a Friday like a normal person would be more able to do.


Yeah that is really weird, agreed. They'll still reimburse whenever anyone visits though, or so I'm told.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Attax wrote:
I got an email when they pulled me from the WL. I sent in no LOCI and had no communications with them.



To be fair, you were a definite YP waitlist -- your numbers aren't borderline (I was admitted with a slightly lower LSAT and GPA). People with both LSATs and GPAs below the median may want to be more pro-active, letting the admissions staff know that you haven't settled on a school yet and will deposit if Indiana sends you an admission offer.


True, and I should have included this in my original post. I definitely didn't mean it as a you don't have to/shouldn't do this, just that it can happen especially if YP. But I do wish I could visit T or W, why are they offering travel stipends in the middle of the week? Let me come on a Friday like a normal person would be more able to do.


Yeah that is really weird, agreed. They'll still reimburse whenever anyone visits though, or so I'm told.


I may have to email them and ask. I've not received my acceptance package yet, so I have no idea about deposit deadlines for WL candidates. I'd actually really like to visit. Even though it is unlikely I'd attend, I know chem work in IP Lit is big in Indiana, so the school is a good fit for my goals. Plus Mark Cuban is an IU grad, and I <3 Mark Cuban.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dreamer_13, elcamino4, Google Adsense [Bot], Imago Loop, joezze, Long shot hero, mintme, Torres1893 and 19 guests