IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 am

BankruptMe wrote:Which way is everybody leaning?


Withdrawing. 75k scholarship offer. Good luck to anyone negotiating for more $!

User avatar
Highway61
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Highway61 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:46 am

Why is Indiana's seat reservation so early? I'm still visiting other schools soon! Anyone else in the same situation?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:51 am

Highway61 wrote:Why is Indiana's seat reservation so early? I'm still visiting other schools soon! Anyone else in the same situation?


Yes. At least it's free.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:06 am

I think they figure since its free that you should be able to commit early because it is not costing you anything but your word.

Also, i think they see it as if you want to go + a free seat deposit = If you don't sign up by April 1, you probably do not want to go.

User avatar
Banshee
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Banshee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:50 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Highway61 wrote:Why is Indiana's seat reservation so early? I'm still visiting other schools soon! Anyone else in the same situation?


Yes. At least it's free.


I was able to get an extension. I'm visiting in a few weeks, so I emailed them and explained that I don't want to make any decisions until after I visit them and a few other schools, so they extended it until April 15th. It's at least a little more time, so you can always try that.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Highway61 wrote:Why is Indiana's seat reservation so early? I'm still visiting other schools soon! Anyone else in the same situation?


Yes. At least it's free.


I was able to get an extension. I'm visiting in a few weeks, so I emailed them and explained that I don't want to make any decisions until after I visit them and a few other schools, so they extended it until April 15th. It's at least a little more time, so you can always try that.


Sounds like a good plan. Did you just email their non-descript email, or Dean Motley, or...?

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby littlegiant » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:24 pm

XO_MissCourtney wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Highway61 wrote:Why is Indiana's seat reservation so early? I'm still visiting other schools soon! Anyone else in the same situation?


Yes. At least it's free.


I was able to get an extension. I'm visiting in a few weeks, so I emailed them and explained that I don't want to make any decisions until after I visit them and a few other schools, so they extended it until April 15th. It's at least a little more time, so you can always try that.


They were very understanding in asking for an extension (mine was bumped to 4/15 as well). I simply replied to the "reminder" of the 4/1 "deposit" date

User avatar
Banshee
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Banshee » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:45 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
XO_MissCourtney wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Highway61 wrote:Why is Indiana's seat reservation so early? I'm still visiting other schools soon! Anyone else in the same situation?


Yes. At least it's free.


I was able to get an extension. I'm visiting in a few weeks, so I emailed them and explained that I don't want to make any decisions until after I visit them and a few other schools, so they extended it until April 15th. It's at least a little more time, so you can always try that.


Sounds like a good plan. Did you just email their non-descript email, or Dean Motley, or...?


Yes, I just emailed the generic admissions email

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm withdrawing and putting 75k back into the pot. Cheers!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Tomorrow is the confirmation deadline. Still haven't made decision yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:41 pm

anna8506 wrote:Tomorrow is the confirmation deadline. Still haven't made decision yet. Anyone else in the same situation?


Ask for an extension. They should grant it.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
anna8506 wrote:Tomorrow is the confirmation deadline. Still haven't made decision yet. Anyone else in the same situation?


Ask for an extension. They should grant it.

Good idea. I will do that! Thank you!

komoro
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby komoro » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:08 pm

How long will it take to receive an email after the notification that my decision was rendered?

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:14 pm

komoro wrote:How long will it take to receive an email after the notification that my decision was rendered?

Mine took about a day..

komoro
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby komoro » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:05 am

anna8506 wrote:
komoro wrote:How long will it take to receive an email after the notification that my decision was rendered?

Mine took about a day..


AOS indicates that "The committee has made a decision on your file. Communications are currently sent by email. Please allow allow 2 days from the status change before contacting the Admissions office. Thank you, The Admissions Staff 812-855-4765 lawadmis@indiana.edu"
Were you on the same boat?
When did you receive an email? Next morning or afternoon?
They say "Communications are currently sent by email", but no email received so far.

User avatar
doge
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby doge » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:29 am

anna8506 wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
anna8506 wrote:Tomorrow is the confirmation deadline. Still haven't made decision yet. Anyone else in the same situation?


Ask for an extension. They should grant it.

Good idea. I will do that! Thank you!


I just signed on...I think I am going to go unless a school lets me off a waitlist with some pretty sweet $$

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:14 pm

anna8506 wrote:
komoro wrote:How long will it take to receive an email after the notification that my decision was rendered?

Mine took about a day..

Next afternoon.

Allalsmi
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Allalsmi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Received "The 1L Insider" email today. No decision made yet. Any other non-admits receive this email?

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Nucky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Allalsmi wrote:Received "The 1L Insider" email today. No decision made yet. Any other non-admits receive this email?


I did. Still in review.

Allalsmi
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Allalsmi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Nucky wrote:
Allalsmi wrote:Received "The 1L Insider" email today. No decision made yet. Any other non-admits receive this email?


I did. Still in review.


They should've noted that the email was sent to all applicants. A bit misleading (and disappointing).

How long has you app been in review. March 7 for me.

bbna00
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby bbna00 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I received the one-L Insider email today too. How do you know you are still on the waitlist if you got this too?

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby littlegiant » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm

bbna00 wrote:I received the one-L Insider email today too. How do you know you are still on the waitlist if you got this too?


you guys are reading way too far into that. Anything Dean Motley sends out has that header, same with Mr. Leopold. Its just their "marketing" structure.

Allalsmi
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Allalsmi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:48 pm

littlegiant wrote:
bbna00 wrote:I received the one-L Insider email today too. How do you know you are still on the waitlist if you got this too?


you guys are reading way too far into that. Anything Dean Motley sends out has that header, same with Mr. Leopold. Its just their "marketing" structure.


Thanks for the input. This was the first e-mail of this nature that I've received, so was not familiar.

komoro
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby komoro » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:49 am

Waitlisted... OTL
Will send a LOCI

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby chingwoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:39 am

They wouldn't bump me from 75k with a 105k offer from Sota. Postponed deadline to see if there was more money.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, eyetelyuhwhut, Houzy, Long shot hero, okf731, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests