IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
RonBurgundy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby RonBurgundy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:25 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:What can we expect in the mail after receiving the admission email?


This cool little flash drive with info about the school. Nothing important really. My scholarship info was in the original email.

User avatar
doge
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby doge » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 am

RonBurgundy wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:What can we expect in the mail after receiving the admission email?


This cool little flash drive with info about the school. Nothing important really. My scholarship info was in the original email.


I pictured Ron Burgandy saying that...and yeah. At the very least its a two gig flash drive!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:17 am

Flash drive? Looks like they've up the fun stuff in the package from years past. 8)

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:44 am

I asked for a scholly negotiation and just got news that they have upped my scholly from 60k to 75k. 8) IU is really enticing right now.

User avatar
doge
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby doge » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:25 pm

kellohitty wrote:I asked for a scholly negotiation and just got news that they have upped my scholly from 60k to 75k. 8) IU is really enticing right now.


Did you actually negotiate or did the very prospect cause them to up it...because if that's so I know what I am doing right now.

User avatar
Banshee
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Banshee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Paleki09 wrote:Hey all- I just got my email (accepted with decent $$) today, but I'm a little concerned about the 4/1 commit date. I'm still hearing back from and have received offers from other schools, some of which are in the West Coast area where I am from and want to work. I definitely want to hold a seat, but it would be crazy to accept a binding offer without knowing what my acceptance picture looks like. Is IU understanding when it comes to situations like this?

Thanks in advance.


I don't think it can hurt. Like the email said, there's no cost to commit. I'm sure they are understanding and, let's imagine if they weren't, how could they hold it against you? People back out after putting money down for seats all the time -- standard practice.


I emailed them this morning asking about an extension on the commit date. I'm planning a visit to the area early/mid-April and I don't want to make any decisions until I visit. I'll let you know when I hear back, so we know if an extension is a possibility.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:01 pm

doge wrote:
kellohitty wrote:I asked for a scholly negotiation and just got news that they have upped my scholly from 60k to 75k. 8) IU is really enticing right now.


Did you actually negotiate or did the very prospect cause them to up it...because if that's so I know what I am doing right now.


IIRC in past cycles Maurer has been known to give you a bump just for saying you want to negotiate (assuming you have strong numbers). If you have opposing offers, you can normally go beyond that initial bump. However, if you don't receive the bump just by asking, don't fret, you'll likely still be able to negotiate up with other means.

komoro
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby komoro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 am

File Complete - In Review since 1/31
No single movement so far

AOS says "This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision."
It has been passed "7 weeks".
Should I wait more or contact the admissions office?

User avatar
doge
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby doge » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:39 am

komoro wrote:File Complete - In Review since 1/31
No single movement so far

AOS says "This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision."
It has been passed "7 weeks".
Should I wait more or contact the admissions office?


I would go ahead and contact the admissions office. It couldn't hurt I don't think!

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ditka747 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:02 am

doge wrote:
komoro wrote:File Complete - In Review since 1/31
No single movement so far

AOS says "This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision."
It has been passed "7 weeks".
Should I wait more or contact the admissions office?


I would go ahead and contact the admissions office. It couldn't hurt I don't think!


They are behind right now. I received an email last week from their admissions office that apologized for the delay and it said a decision should be coming soon. I didn't email them to ask why I had not received a decision yet so their email was actually a nice touch.

komoro
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby komoro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 am

Ditka747 wrote:
doge wrote:
komoro wrote:File Complete - In Review since 1/31
No single movement so far

AOS says "This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision."
It has been passed "7 weeks".
Should I wait more or contact the admissions office?


I would go ahead and contact the admissions office. It couldn't hurt I don't think!


They are behind right now. I received an email last week from their admissions office that apologized for the delay and it said a decision should be coming soon. I didn't email them to ask why I had not received a decision yet so their email was actually a nice touch.


When did you apply?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 am

They can't be too behind....

I'd email them if it has been longer than six weeks.

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ditka747 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 am

komoro wrote:
Ditka747 wrote:
doge wrote:
komoro wrote:File Complete - In Review since 1/31
No single movement so far

AOS says "This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision."
It has been passed "7 weeks".
Should I wait more or contact the admissions office?


I would go ahead and contact the admissions office. It couldn't hurt I don't think!


They are behind right now. I received an email last week from their admissions office that apologized for the delay and it said a decision should be coming soon. I didn't email them to ask why I had not received a decision yet so their email was actually a nice touch.


When did you apply?


Mid January

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 am

doge wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:What can we expect in the mail after receiving the admission email?


This cool little flash drive with info about the school. Nothing important really. My scholarship info was in the original email.


I pictured Ron Burgandy saying that...and yeah. At the very least its a two gig flash drive!


Pix pls. Tyia.

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ditka747 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 pm

IN via email with $

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:30 pm

If people are getting decisions in less than two weeks, that is probably BS.

User avatar
Ditka747
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Ditka747 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 pm

-

underwear
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby underwear » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:44 am

So what's the general consensus on this? It's been over 7 weeks like this. Should I be giving a call?

"...has been sent to the committee for review. This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision"

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 am

underwear wrote:So what's the general consensus on this? It's been over 7 weeks like this. Should I be giving a call?

"...has been sent to the committee for review. This process can take up to six weeks to render a decision"


Yes..

I do not know why everyone is so scared to contact a school. I would call them because if you email too much you have a paper trail.

If it has been too long and you want to know...just call them. Your calling them will have no bearing on whether you are accepted or not and if you are sitting in a reject pile...you know sooner. You have nothing to lose

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:54 am

Accepted via email last week, nothing via snail mail.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby anna8506 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Accepted via email last week, nothing via snail mail.

ya, just a flash drive.

littlegiant
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby littlegiant » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 pm

what did people think about spring law day?

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:21 am

littlegiant wrote:what did people think about spring law day?


I was there! It made me excited about attending law school, but not really about attending IU. It was a little long and drawn out, but IU does have a lot to offer. I also don't know if I'd like living in Bloomington, it's just too remote for me.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 am

kellohitty wrote:
littlegiant wrote:what did people think about spring law day?


I was there! It made me excited about attending law school, but not really about attending IU. It was a little long and drawn out, but IU does have a lot to offer. I also don't know if I'd like living in Bloomington, it's just too remote for me.


We have to let them know by tomorrow -- which is kind of intimidating.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

Which way is everybody leaning?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dietcoke1, drillteam, hwwong, lawlawland16, lillawyer2, Long shot hero, mav1993 and 21 guests