IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 pm

jk148706 wrote:
kellohitty wrote:So odd...still in review from 11/13. <25% LSAT and >75% GPA. Any predictions on my outcome? I won't be offended. 8) I plan on calling them tomorrow.


Also still in review from 11/13. Gpa near 25th, lsat >75th

I may call, considering the status checker says we should get a decision within six weeks of going in review.


I was in review around the same time and my decision wasn't rendered until last Friday. Seems it took ~9 weeks for me. Hopefully you'll have a decision very soon.

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:41 pm

mx23250 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
kellohitty wrote:So odd...still in review from 11/13. <25% LSAT and >75% GPA. Any predictions on my outcome? I won't be offended. 8) I plan on calling them tomorrow.


Also still in review from 11/13. Gpa near 25th, lsat >75th

I may call, considering the status checker says we should get a decision within six weeks of going in review.


I was in review around the same time and my decision wasn't rendered until last Friday. Seems it took ~9 weeks for me. Hopefully you'll have a decision very soon.


Do you know the outcome? Or are you waiting on the letter?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:43 pm

kellohitty wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
kellohitty wrote:So odd...still in review from 11/13. <25% LSAT and >75% GPA. Any predictions on my outcome? I won't be offended. 8) I plan on calling them tomorrow.


Also still in review from 11/13. Gpa near 25th, lsat >75th

I may call, considering the status checker says we should get a decision within six weeks of going in review.


I was in review around the same time and my decision wasn't rendered until last Friday. Seems it took ~9 weeks for me. Hopefully you'll have a decision very soon.


Do you know the outcome? Or are you waiting on the letter?


I'm still waiting on the letter, but it seems like people with similar or even substantially higher stats than me are getting waitlisted. I'm hoping I should have the letter by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post the outcome.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:45 pm

So you don't have to dig, I was >>75% LSAT, <25% GPA. WL

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:45 pm

mx23250 wrote:
kellohitty wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
kellohitty wrote:So odd...still in review from 11/13. <25% LSAT and >75% GPA. Any predictions on my outcome? I won't be offended. 8) I plan on calling them tomorrow.


I was in review around the same time and my decision wasn't rendered until last Friday. Seems it took ~9 weeks for me. Hopefully you'll have a decision very soon.


Do you know the outcome? Or are you waiting on the letter?


I'm still waiting on the letter, but it seems like people with similar or even substantially higher stats than me are getting waitlisted. I'm hoping I should have the letter by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post the outcome.


I'd really appreciate that. :)

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Attax wrote:So you don't have to dig, I was >>75% LSAT, <25% GPA. WL


Thanks for that info :)

workaholic82
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby workaholic82 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Attax wrote:So you don't have to dig, I was >>75% LSAT, <25% GPA. WL

I'm about 2.5, 177. Still in review from 11/18. Are your stats similar?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:14 pm

workaholic82 wrote:
Attax wrote:So you don't have to dig, I was >>75% LSAT, <25% GPA. WL

I'm about 2.5, 177. Still in review from 11/18. Are your stats similar?


Not on the LSAT. 2.75/168 but really strong softs

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/tcormier has pretty much most of my app stuff on there

workaholic82
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby workaholic82 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Attax wrote:
workaholic82 wrote:
Attax wrote:So you don't have to dig, I was >>75% LSAT, <25% GPA. WL

I'm about 2.5, 177. Still in review from 11/18. Are your stats similar?


Not on the LSAT. 2.75/168 but really strong softs

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/tcormier has pretty much most of my app stuff on there

Nice cycle so far, don't sweat a few wl's.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:06 pm

workaholic82 wrote:Nice cycle so far, don't sweat a few wl's.


Thanks, it definitely has been a nice cycle for me so far. Some of the WL just seem odd to me, but oh well.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Attax wrote:
workaholic82 wrote:Nice cycle so far, don't sweat a few wl's.


Thanks, it definitely has been a nice cycle for me so far. Some of the WL just seem odd to me, but oh well.


It is pretty odd. Looking at last cycle on LSN, pretty much everyone with a 163+ got in regardless of GPA. Maybe it's a YP thing?

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:14 pm

mx23250 wrote:
Attax wrote:
workaholic82 wrote:Nice cycle so far, don't sweat a few wl's.


Thanks, it definitely has been a nice cycle for me so far. Some of the WL just seem odd to me, but oh well.


It is pretty odd. Looking at last cycle on LSN, pretty much everyone with a 163+ got in regardless of GPA. Maybe it's a YP thing?


That's possibly what I'm thinking. Given that it is an unpredictable cycle YP may be more common this year?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Attax wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
Attax wrote:
workaholic82 wrote:Nice cycle so far, don't sweat a few wl's.


Thanks, it definitely has been a nice cycle for me so far. Some of the WL just seem odd to me, but oh well.


It is pretty odd. Looking at last cycle on LSN, pretty much everyone with a 163+ got in regardless of GPA. Maybe it's a YP thing?


That's possibly what I'm thinking. Given that it is an unpredictable cycle YP may be more common this year?


Yeah it probably is. If it's really a top school for you I'm sure a convincing LOCI would get you an offer with some nice $$.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

mx23250 wrote:
Yeah it probably is. If it's really a top school for you I'm sure a convincing LOCI would get you an offer with some nice $$.


It isn't super top, once I got my Texas acceptance there were quite a few that were no longer considerations, but Indiana would have been a good contender with good $

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Attax wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
Yeah it probably is. If it's really a top school for you I'm sure a convincing LOCI would get you an offer with some nice $$.


It isn't super top, once I got my Texas acceptance there were quite a few that were no longer considerations, but Indiana would have been a good contender with good $


I know what you mean. Given your numbers and softs you seem like a likely candidate for a quite substantial scholly. Congrats on Texas though!!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:22 pm

mx23250 wrote:I know what you mean. Given your numbers and softs you seem like a likely candidate for a quite substantial scholly. Congrats on Texas though!!


Thanks! And good luck to you guys as well! I'm hoping your letter is good news!

squee116
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby squee116 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Got my acceptance in the mail today.

162/2.85, applied 11/14

15k a year, if I maintain good standing

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm

squee116 wrote:Got my acceptance in the mail today.

162/2.85, applied 11/14

15k a year, if I maintain good standing


Congrats! :)

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 pm

squee116 wrote:Got my acceptance in the mail today.

162/2.85, applied 11/14

15k a year, if I maintain good standing


Congrats!!! Mind if I ask when your status checker indicated a decision was made?

squee116
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby squee116 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:24 pm

mx23250 wrote:
squee116 wrote:Got my acceptance in the mail today.

162/2.85, applied 11/14

15k a year, if I maintain good standing


Congrats!!! Mind if I ask when your status checker indicated a decision was made?


1/16

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:29 pm

squee116 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
squee116 wrote:Got my acceptance in the mail today.

162/2.85, applied 11/14

15k a year, if I maintain good standing


Congrats!!! Mind if I ask when your status checker indicated a decision was made?


1/16


Thanks! Mine indicated a decision on 1/17, so hopefully I'll have my decision tomorrow (I live in the Midwest, so not too far away).

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Applied early Nov / in review since mid-Nov. Was told to expect a decision by early next week at the latest.

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby chingwoo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Anyone know if scholarship info came in the initial letter? Or how Indiana distributes money?

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm

chingwoo wrote:Anyone know if scholarship info came in the initial letter? Or how Indiana distributes money?


I'm not sure about their entire scholarship distribution process but they do offer merit scholarships in the initial acceptance letter. They say the offer is based only on merit and not need.

I was offered half-tuition contingent on "satisfactory progress after 1st year then after every semester thereafter"
170 LSAT, 3.7 GPA

Hope that helps!

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Chekhov'sGun wrote:
chingwoo wrote:Anyone know if scholarship info came in the initial letter? Or how Indiana distributes money?


I'm not sure about their entire scholarship distribution process but they do offer merit scholarships in the initial acceptance letter. They say the offer is based only on merit and not need.

I was offered half-tuition contingent on "satisfactory progress after 1st year then after every semester thereafter"
170 LSAT, 3.7 GPA

Hope that helps!


Wait--you were only offered half tuition?

Also, is "satisfactory progress" defined anywhere? That sounds like a stip, but might just be one of those "in good academic standing" aka not failing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, Cfitz, govlife, laqueredup, Leliana, lillawyer2, longsh0305, LtotheB, mse2020, ray.bee, rizzlebizness, smashbash, ThorB and 36 guests