IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
scorneli
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby scorneli » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 pm

In today with full tuition. PM for stats.

For anyone still waiting, I just called and talked to an admissions officer. They said wow they were blind and will be admitting you promptly with full tuition + a living stipend!! They only ask your forgiveness.

For real though, hang in there. Soon!

I will be heading down there for a visit within the week to check out the school during the day and the bar scene at night. Unfortunately I won't be able to upload pictures because I'm not over 100 posts, but if you PM me we can figure out a way :)

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 pm

scorneli wrote:In today with full tuition. PM for stats.

For anyone still waiting, I just called and talked to an admissions officer. They said wow they were blind and will be admitting you promptly with full tuition + a living stipend!! They only ask your forgiveness.

For real though, hang in there. Soon!

I will be heading down there for a visit within the week to check out the school during the day and the bar scene at night. Unfortunately I won't be able to upload pictures because I'm not over 100 posts, but if you PM me we can figure out a way :)


PM'd for stats, but:

when did you submit?
are you in-state? (you said you were visiting, so you're at least close)

User avatar
scorneli
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby scorneli » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:00 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PM'd for stats, but:

when did you submit?
are you in-state? (you said you were visiting, so you're at least close)


Right back atcha with the response. Submitted my app the day it opened, and I'm an in-state applicant.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby coolbean2013 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Congrats scorneli!

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ohhai » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Question: I am still waiting on a few schools but IU wants me to reply in a few days (special circumstances) - PM if interested. I am wondering if the form ("Yes, I confirm") we fill out for them is binding. Any input is appreciated.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 pm

ohhai wrote:Question: I am still waiting on a few schools but IU wants me to reply in a few days (special circumstances) - PM if interested. I am wondering if the form ("Yes, I confirm") we fill out for them is binding. Any input is appreciated.


I thought schools weren't allowed to force you to commit until much later (unless you sign an ED contract).

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:10 pm

ohhai wrote:Question: I am still waiting on a few schools but IU wants me to reply in a few days (special circumstances) - PM if interested. I am wondering if the form ("Yes, I confirm") we fill out for them is binding. Any input is appreciated.


I'm not sure whether your special circumstances warrant any unique binding commitment, but I'd imagine if you accept it would be similar as a "commitment" in April together with a deposit, and people often get out of those just fine by switching schools or making multiple deposits.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Man lots of decisions today .. I submitted 11/1 and still nothing for me

RLowry23
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby RLowry23 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:30 am

In with 25k per year.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby coolbean2013 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:14 am

RLowry23 wrote:In with 25k per year.


Nice, congrats!

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ohhai » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:16 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
ohhai wrote:Question: I am still waiting on a few schools but IU wants me to reply in a few days (special circumstances) - PM if interested. I am wondering if the form ("Yes, I confirm") we fill out for them is binding. Any input is appreciated.


I thought schools weren't allowed to force you to commit until much later (unless you sign an ED contract).
mx23250 wrote:
ohhai wrote:Question: I am still waiting on a few schools but IU wants me to reply in a few days (special circumstances) - PM if interested. I am wondering if the form ("Yes, I confirm") we fill out for them is binding. Any input is appreciated.


I'm not sure whether your special circumstances warrant any unique binding commitment, but I'd imagine if you accept it would be similar as a "commitment" in April together with a deposit, and people often get out of those just fine by switching schools or making multiple deposits.



I am not ED, but they are trying to lock in their class, I guess. I applies a few cycles ago.

Thank you for your messages, guys. Super helpful. TLS comes through again!

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Any movement or updates this week??

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

jk148706 wrote:Any movement or updates this week??


My decision letter was mailed according to status checker on monday. Haven't seen it yet.

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ohhai » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Attax wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Any movement or updates this week??


My decision letter was mailed according to status checker on monday. Haven't seen it yet.


Call them. They are good with that. Happened to me, I called, and they let me know.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Attax » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:29 pm

ohhai wrote:
Attax wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Any movement or updates this week??


My decision letter was mailed according to status checker on monday. Haven't seen it yet.


Call them. They are good with that. Happened to me, I called, and they let me know.


Eh, it says 7-10 days, which it hasn't been yet.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby coolbean2013 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Attax wrote:
ohhai wrote:
Attax wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Any movement or updates this week??


My decision letter was mailed according to status checker on monday. Haven't seen it yet.


Call them. They are good with that. Happened to me, I called, and they let me know.


Eh, it says 7-10 days, which it hasn't been yet.


Mine said DLS on Jan 9, and I just received it yesterday. In with full tuition scholarship. In state. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Decide made on my application as of today. It says to allow 7-10 business days to receive the letter. I'm glad to finally find out either way. Wish me luck! :)

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 pm

mx23250 wrote:Decide made on my application as of today. It says to allow 7-10 business days to receive the letter. I'm glad to finally find out either way. Wish me luck! :)


Exciting. What were your submit / complete / in review dates?

kgiaco
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kgiaco » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 pm

mx23250 wrote:Decide made on my application as of today. It says to allow 7-10 business days to receive the letter. I'm glad to finally find out either way. Wish me luck! :)


Nice! I'm still waiting for mine to change, I've been under review for over 9 weeks!

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:25 pm

jk148706 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:Decide made on my application as of today. It says to allow 7-10 business days to receive the letter. I'm glad to finally find out either way. Wish me luck! :)


Exciting. What were your submit / complete / in review dates?


Submitted at the very end of October, complete about a week into Nov, in review mid-Nov. So it was under review for about 9 weeks.

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 pm

mx23250 wrote:
jk148706 wrote:
mx23250 wrote:Decide made on my application as of today. It says to allow 7-10 business days to receive the letter. I'm glad to finally find out either way. Wish me luck! :)


Exciting. What were your submit / complete / in review dates?


Submitted at the very end of October, complete about a week into Nov, in review mid-Nov. So it was under review for about 9 weeks.


Mine's been in review for about the same time now. Congrats!

JDByron31
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby JDByron31 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

mx23250 wrote:Decide made on my application as of today. It says to allow 7-10 business days to receive the letter. I'm glad to finally find out either way. Wish me luck! :)

Decision made today as well. Good luck! :)

aceholmes
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:45 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby aceholmes » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:45 pm

guess I have another month to wait. In review 12/11

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:34 pm

For those who received a decision, how long after the "decision was made" update did your letter arrive? Hoping it's on the earlier side of 7-10 days... Thanks!
Last edited by mx23250 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: IU Maurer c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jk148706 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:35 pm

aceholmes wrote:guess I have another month to wait. In review 12/11


I've been in review since 11/13




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, fattsdomino, NorthDragon and 17 guests