William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
samblackbones
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby samblackbones » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 pm

LyonKing wrote:Just out of curiosity, has everyone who's been admitted so far received $$?


I heard via a letter included in the packet they sent.

LyonKing
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby LyonKing » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:57 pm

samblackbones wrote:
LyonKing wrote:Just out of curiosity, has everyone who's been admitted so far received $$?


I heard via a letter included in the packet they sent.

Got my packet in the mail today and sure enough the scholly offer was there :D

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:49 pm

has anybody gotten in after being held?

I've been held since november

izzlelay
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby izzlelay » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Submitted 2/10
Complete 2/18
In via email 2/25

Excited to get my Acceptance Packet!

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zippernicus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:has anybody gotten in after being held?

I've been held since november


I've been held since mid-Jan... hoping to hear something soon!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:54 am

zippernicus wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:has anybody gotten in after being held?

I've been held since november


I've been held since mid-Jan... hoping to hear something soon!


See above re:Mid-March to early April for all held applicants. I feel your pain, but it'll be over soon.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Dear Prospective Applicant:
Greetings from Williamsburg and William & Mary Law School!

Realizing that our application deadline of March 1 falls on a weekend, we wanted to reach out to let you know that we will accept your application as timely if you have previously taken the LSAT and your application is submitted by Wednesday, March 5.

As you do research on William & Mary Law School, hear from one of our students as she shares “A Day in the Life of a 1L.”

Best wishes as you finish your law school applications!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Cavallari
Assistant Dean for Admission
William & Mary Law School
(757) 221-3307
emcavallari@wm.edu


this thing scared the living crap out of me. ughhhhh. i applied back in November, why are they sending me this!??!?!

upstateboy
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby upstateboy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:02 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
Dear Prospective Applicant:
Greetings from Williamsburg and William & Mary Law School!

Realizing that our application deadline of March 1 falls on a weekend, we wanted to reach out to let you know that we will accept your application as timely if you have previously taken the LSAT and your application is submitted by Wednesday, March 5.

As you do research on William & Mary Law School, hear from one of our students as she shares “A Day in the Life of a 1L.”

Best wishes as you finish your law school applications!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Cavallari
Assistant Dean for Admission
William & Mary Law School
(757) 221-3307
emcavallari@wm.edu


this thing scared the living crap out of me. ughhhhh. i applied back in November, why are they sending me this!??!?!



Same my heart jumped, and I applied over 2 months ago, I wish they would not send things like to people who have already applied.

User avatar
chargers
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chargers » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:58 pm

upstateboy wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:
Dear Prospective Applicant:
Greetings from Williamsburg and William & Mary Law School!

Realizing that our application deadline of March 1 falls on a weekend, we wanted to reach out to let you know that we will accept your application as timely if you have previously taken the LSAT and your application is submitted by Wednesday, March 5.

As you do research on William & Mary Law School, hear from one of our students as she shares “A Day in the Life of a 1L.”

Best wishes as you finish your law school applications!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Cavallari
Assistant Dean for Admission
William & Mary Law School
(757) 221-3307
emcavallari@wm.edu


this thing scared the living crap out of me. ughhhhh. i applied back in November, why are they sending me this!??!?!



Same my heart jumped, and I applied over 2 months ago, I wish they would not send things like to people who have already applied.


Thats brutal! I was accepted over 2 months ago and still got this same e-mail this afternoon. I couldn't imagine my reaction if I was still waiting for news.

angev
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby angev » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:58 am

Accepted! No scholarship though.

Submitted 12/19
Admitted via Email 1/23

Thinking about trying to talk to them about trying to get some kind of $$.

throwaway2014
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby throwaway2014 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Accepted w/ scholly - was able to get a small bump after asking (politely) that they review my file.

User avatar
lovelydarkanddeep
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby lovelydarkanddeep » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Soooooooo...who is coming to ASW? We are excited to meet you guys.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mes10d » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:40 am

lovelydarkanddeep wrote:Soooooooo...who is coming to ASW? We are excited to meet you guys.


Planning my trip now! (Seeing 5 schools in one week :shock: )

What airport do you recommend flying into, and do you recommend renting a car, or just using a shuttle and/or taxi?

Also, who else is coming for ASW, and will we be going out Friday and/or Saturday?

User avatar
jen6886
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jen6886 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:46 pm

any more room at the "hold for further review" party? App went complete on 2/26 and just got updated to hold status today. Joy.

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zippernicus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 pm

jen6886 wrote:any more room at the "hold for further review" party? App went complete on 2/26 and just got updated to hold status today. Joy.


Welcome to the party! What can we get you to drink! ??
Well there's always room for more:) hopefully your wait will be shorter than most of ours

User avatar
jen6886
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jen6886 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:51 am

zippernicus wrote:
jen6886 wrote:any more room at the "hold for further review" party? App went complete on 2/26 and just got updated to hold status today. Joy.


Welcome to the party! What can we get you to drink! ??
Well there's always room for more:) hopefully your wait will be shorter than most of ours


Thanks! If anyone who has this status gets an update, advice/outcome would be lovely! Trying to determine if a LOCI is appropriate or if it's jumping the gun. I feel like I am going on a second date...

uvandy
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby uvandy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:24 am

Looks like I'll be jumping on the hold bandwagon. Pleasantly surprised with some hope because I was expecting an auto ding. Has anyone actually been rejected this cycle?

User avatar
SFrost
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SFrost » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:21 am

Withdrew my app today. Complete early jan accepted January 15th. Best of luck guys!

User avatar
jen6886
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jen6886 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:30 am

SFrost wrote:Withdrew my app today. Complete early jan accepted January 15th. Best of luck guys!



Thanks! What school did you end up accepting admission to?

angev
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby angev » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 am

mes10d wrote:
lovelydarkanddeep wrote:Soooooooo...who is coming to ASW? We are excited to meet you guys.


Planning my trip now! (Seeing 5 schools in one week :shock: )

What airport do you recommend flying into, and do you recommend renting a car, or just using a shuttle and/or taxi?

Also, who else is coming for ASW, and will we be going out Friday and/or Saturday?


I’m going!

I’m flying into Newport News, its a shorter distance than the other two I think. At the moment I think a taxi because you have to be 25 to get a rental car, lol.

I’m bringing something to wear if we go out just in case.

User avatar
mes10d
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mes10d » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:59 am

angev wrote:
mes10d wrote:
lovelydarkanddeep wrote:Soooooooo...who is coming to ASW? We are excited to meet you guys.


Planning my trip now! (Seeing 5 schools in one week :shock: )

What airport do you recommend flying into, and do you recommend renting a car, or just using a shuttle and/or taxi?

Also, who else is coming for ASW, and will we be going out Friday and/or Saturday?


I’m going!

I’m flying into Newport News, its a shorter distance than the other two I think. At the moment I think a taxi because you have to be 25 to get a rental car, lol.

I’m bringing something to wear if we go out just in case.


Fantastic! But, for some rental cars (Avis and Hertz for sure) you can be 21. So that's kind of nice.

User avatar
Annie787
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Annie787 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Joining in for Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews

Complete 2/28/14, Decision Status date 3/5/14

I'm hoping they'll start doing this second round on reviews right away..

User avatar
jen6886
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jen6886 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Annie787 wrote:Joining in for Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews

Complete 2/28/14, Decision Status date 3/5/14

I'm hoping they'll start doing this second round on reviews right away..


me too! I don't think I will be able to stop checking my status and I really need to get other things done lol

User avatar
SFrost
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby SFrost » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 pm

jen6886 wrote:
SFrost wrote:Withdrew my app today. Complete early jan accepted January 15th. Best of luck guys!



Thanks! What school did you end up accepting admission to?


At the moment I'm eliminating schools more than accepting them. I'm moving with SO and there just wasn't enough opportunity in Williamsburg outside of the law school. The WM offer was very exciting and the alumni contact they sent me was impressive. Probably NYU at sticker or BU are my top choices at the moment.

User avatar
jen6886
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby jen6886 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

SFrost wrote:
jen6886 wrote:
SFrost wrote:Withdrew my app today. Complete early jan accepted January 15th. Best of luck guys!



Thanks! What school did you end up accepting admission to?


At the moment I'm eliminating schools more than accepting them. I'm moving with SO and there just wasn't enough opportunity in Williamsburg outside of the law school. The WM offer was very exciting and the alumni contact they sent me was impressive. Probably NYU at sticker or BU are my top choices at the moment.


Well congrats and hope it all goes well for you!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”