William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Held until they receive my fall grades. Better than a ding, waitlist, or general holding I'd suppose.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Nucky » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:20 pm

gbelle wrote:
Nucky wrote:Status check says "Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews" ... Does this mean I am now officially on the dreaded waitlist? :(


No. Your app will go under review again, and then they will make a final decision, which could be admit, reject, or waitlist.

I'm in the same position. Welcome to the partayyyy


Okay, cool. That makes me feel a bit better.

Hopefully it works out for us!

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Nucky wrote:
gbelle wrote:
Nucky wrote:Status check says "Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews" ... Does this mean I am now officially on the dreaded waitlist? :(


No. Your app will go under review again, and then they will make a final decision, which could be admit, reject, or waitlist.

I'm in the same position. Welcome to the partayyyy


Okay, cool. That makes me feel a bit better.

Hopefully it works out for us!


I had this update, too. Does anyone know if that means they're waiting for fall grades, or for the dean to review, or what?

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:41 pm

PattyCake wrote:
Nucky wrote:
gbelle wrote:
Nucky wrote:Status check says "Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews" ... Does this mean I am now officially on the dreaded waitlist? :(


No. Your app will go under review again, and then they will make a final decision, which could be admit, reject, or waitlist.

I'm in the same position. Welcome to the partayyyy


Okay, cool. That makes me feel a bit better.

Hopefully it works out for us!


I had this update, too. Does anyone know if that means they're waiting for fall grades, or for the dean to review, or what?


I'm done school, so I don't have any more grades to submit. My guess as to why we're being held is as good as yours...

edit: but I did receive a christmas greeting, so at least I haven't been totally forgotten about...

JDByron31
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby JDByron31 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 am

gbelle wrote:
Nucky wrote:Status check says "Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews" ... Does this mean I am now officially on the dreaded waitlist? :(


No. Your app will go under review again, and then they will make a final decision, which could be admit, reject, or waitlist.

I'm in the same position. Welcome to the partayyyy

Here to join the "Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews" party! Wooooo.

flat-fifth
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby flat-fifth » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:15 pm

"Review Complete-Hold for Further Reviews"

:(

randomaccess
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby randomaccess » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Accepted! 12k/yr scholarship. Not sure if that's enough to turn down other offers...but it's a great school.

User avatar
chriskel
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby chriskel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 am

Accepted via email this AM!

randomaccess wrote:Accepted! 12k/yr scholarship. Not sure if that's enough to turn down other offers...but it's a great school.


Did your scholarship offer come in email form or acceptance packet? I only see email so far, but no scholarship info.

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby bostonbrewer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:07 am

chriskel wrote:Accepted via email this AM!

randomaccess wrote:Accepted! 12k/yr scholarship. Not sure if that's enough to turn down other offers...but it's a great school.


Did your scholarship offer come in email form or acceptance packet? I only see email so far, but no scholarship info.

I don't know about their experience, but I got a very similar scholarship offer and it came in the acceptance packet, not the email

ohioguy99
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ohioguy99 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:02 am

Accepted via email early this morning!

logicgames_darling
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby logicgames_darling » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:41 am

held for review too!! honestly considering it's a reach i'm ok with it.
obviously not ideal, but better than a flat out ding.

maple22
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby maple22 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Just applied today! :)

1Lmatic
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby 1Lmatic » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 pm

So has anyone who has gotten the "hold for further review" status been accepted? If so, how long after the status change was it?

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:44 am

1Lmatic wrote:So has anyone who has gotten the "hold for further review" status been accepted? If so, how long after the status change was it?


I don't know that anyone with that status has had a change. It seems like a lot of schools are slow with decisions this cycle, maybe because thanksgiving came so late? It's possible they're waiting as long as they can, especially if the number of apps is low. I'm in the same boat, but I'm glad it gives me an opportunity to update with great fall semester grades, and as another poster said, at least it's not an outright ding. Lookin' on the bright side :-)

User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BLUERUFiO » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Just checking in. I applied yesterday. I'm hoping for some of that sweet, sweet moola.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PattyCake » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 am

Would love some input. My application is on hold for further reviews. I had great fall semester grades, and I'm taking a January session class which began today and runs for 3 more weeks. I can't decide if I should send my updated transcript now and another updated transcript after my January class ends (I will definitely get another A), or if I should hold off and just update it once at the end of the month. I have heard that admissions committees get annoyed when you continually add to your application, but does that apply to updated grades as well...?

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby zippernicus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:23 am

Checking in :) Sending in my app this week! Best of luck, everyone.

BostonFuse51
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby BostonFuse51 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Does anyone know how receptive W&M is to solicitations for merit scholarship increases?

ohhai
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ohhai » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:01 pm

BostonFuse51 wrote:Does anyone know how receptive W&M is to solicitations for merit scholarship increases?


I solicited last year and had my scholarship increased by 30%. I provided them with a counter offer from a lower ranked school that gave me much more money.

maple22
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby maple22 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:42 am

Accepted via email this morning! Thrilled! :D

stillswimming72
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby stillswimming72 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:19 am

Accepted via email this morning as well! I am so excited! Best of luck to anyone who is still waiting for their decision.

PAGator2014
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby PAGator2014 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:29 am

Accepted this morning via e-mail! Really excited about looking into the school and the area. I will hopefully try to make it down there during my Spring Break for a visit. Congrats to everyone else who got in this morning, and good luck to those applying!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Congrats to everyone!!


I just went complete on the 3rd.

Elegavie
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Elegavie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Joining the Hold for Further Review party.

User avatar
gbelle
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: William and Mary c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby gbelle » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Elegavie wrote:Joining the Hold for Further Review party.


Welcome!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellohalo, LawSchoolTitan, ws120 and 20 guests