University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jesse1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Jesse1983 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Congrats. Still holding out some slim hope for my own application. Did the dates on your status checker ever change?

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:23 pm

kellohitty wrote:Received the call from Ms. Carolyn herself this afternoon--I'm in! UT was my number one choice. I'm ecstatic!


Congrats!

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 pm

kellohitty wrote:Received the call from Ms. Carolyn herself this afternoon--I'm in! UT was my number one choice. I'm ecstatic!


Congrats! Go Vols!

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Jesse1983 wrote:Congrats. Still holding out some slim hope for my own application. Did the dates on your status checker ever change?


Thank you! I submitted and went into review on Oct. 29th. I didn't see any movement until 12/13 but I was still in review. Then on the 17th, I got the call and my checker changed to admitted. Don't worry, I was concerned too as I didn't see any movement for over a month in the checker.

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 pm

kellohitty wrote:
Jesse1983 wrote:Congrats. Still holding out some slim hope for my own application. Did the dates on your status checker ever change?


Thank you! I submitted and went into review on Oct. 29th. I didn't see any movement until 12/13 but I was still in review. Then on the 17th, I got the call and my checker changed to admitted. Don't worry, I was concerned too as I didn't see any movement for over a month in the checker.


So, since UTK was your #1, do you plan to attend?

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:33 am

TennesseeLaw wrote:
kellohitty wrote:
Jesse1983 wrote:Congrats. Still holding out some slim hope for my own application. Did the dates on your status checker ever change?


Thank you! I submitted and went into review on Oct. 29th. I didn't see any movement until 12/13 but I was still in review. Then on the 17th, I got the call and my checker changed to admitted. Don't worry, I was concerned too as I didn't see any movement for over a month in the checker.


So, since UTK was your #1, do you plan to attend?


I absolutely do. I'm still waiting on a few other schools' decisions which should come in a few weeks, but I can't imagine anything happening that will sway my decision.

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:47 pm

kellohitty wrote:
TennesseeLaw wrote:
kellohitty wrote:
Jesse1983 wrote:Congrats. Still holding out some slim hope for my own application. Did the dates on your status checker ever change?


Thank you! I submitted and went into review on Oct. 29th. I didn't see any movement until 12/13 but I was still in review. Then on the 17th, I got the call and my checker changed to admitted. Don't worry, I was concerned too as I didn't see any movement for over a month in the checker.


So, since UTK was your #1, do you plan to attend?


I absolutely do. I'm still waiting on a few other schools' decisions which should come in a few weeks, but I can't imagine anything happening that will sway my decision.


Awesome! See you in the fall or at law preview day.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Nucky » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here have as much of an issue with their application as I did? I think UTK had the most tedious application out of any school not in the T14.

I almost didn't apply, but then thought that if I did not want to jump through their hoops, others are thinking the same thing which means better chance of admission and $$$, so I bit the bullet, but it seemed to be a bit much for a school not ranked in the T14, much less T50.

That being said, Tennessee is a great state and for a relatively low ranked school their employment numbers are not bad. Not to mention that the COL in Tennessee is dirt cheap.

Jesse1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Jesse1983 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Nucky wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here have as much of an issue with their application as I did? I think UTK had the most tedious application out of any school not in the T14.

I almost didn't apply, but then thought that if I did not want to jump through their hoops, others are thinking the same thing which means better chance of admission and $$$, so I bit the bullet, but it seemed to be a bit much for a school not ranked in the T14, much less T50.

That being said, Tennessee is a great state and for a relatively low ranked school their employment numbers are not bad. Not to mention that the COL in Tennessee is dirt cheap.


Not sure which part you found to be tedious, in my opinion the app was pretty straightforward.

You're right, COL in Tennessee is great though I will say that Nashville's COL has jumped tremendously over the last 5 years or so. Fortunately Knoxville and the rest of the state is still a relatively affordable place to live at the moment.

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:28 am

Jesse1983 wrote:
Nucky wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here have as much of an issue with their application as I did? I think UTK had the most tedious application out of any school not in the T14.

I almost didn't apply, but then thought that if I did not want to jump through their hoops, others are thinking the same thing which means better chance of admission and $$$, so I bit the bullet, but it seemed to be a bit much for a school not ranked in the T14, much less T50.

That being said, Tennessee is a great state and for a relatively low ranked school their employment numbers are not bad. Not to mention that the COL in Tennessee is dirt cheap.


Not sure which part you found to be tedious, in my opinion the app was pretty straightforward.

You're right, COL in Tennessee is great though I will say that Nashville's COL has jumped tremendously over the last 5 years or so. Fortunately Knoxville and the rest of the state is still a relatively affordable place to live at the moment.


Living near downtown Nashville can be pricey, but there are suburbs within Davidson county that are still safe and reasonably priced. Venture just a few miles out of the county and the COL can be comparable to other areas of TN.

I found UT's app pretty straightforward and I appreciated the additional essay as it allowed me to really sell myself to the school.

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Nucky » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:56 am

kellohitty wrote:
Jesse1983 wrote:
Nucky wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here have as much of an issue with their application as I did? I think UTK had the most tedious application out of any school not in the T14.

I almost didn't apply, but then thought that if I did not want to jump through their hoops, others are thinking the same thing which means better chance of admission and $$$, so I bit the bullet, but it seemed to be a bit much for a school not ranked in the T14, much less T50.

That being said, Tennessee is a great state and for a relatively low ranked school their employment numbers are not bad. Not to mention that the COL in Tennessee is dirt cheap.


Not sure which part you found to be tedious, in my opinion the app was pretty straightforward.

You're right, COL in Tennessee is great though I will say that Nashville's COL has jumped tremendously over the last 5 years or so. Fortunately Knoxville and the rest of the state is still a relatively affordable place to live at the moment.


Living near downtown Nashville can be pricey, but there are suburbs within Davidson county that are still safe and reasonably priced. Venture just a few miles out of the county and the COL can be comparable to other areas of TN.

I found UT's app pretty straightforward and I appreciated the additional essay as it allowed me to really sell myself to the school.


It was one of the last apps I did so writing the essay, filling in their prompts, and some of the other slightly more tedious aspects of the app just really annoyed me. I guess I am just being a grinch though. :lol: Oh well, hopefully we all end up with acceptances and $$$$!

Nashville's COL may be a bit high but at least by the time we live there we will already have a 6-figure salary! :wink:

cfox17
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:02 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby cfox17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I applied 12/7 and have been under review since 12/20. I am like you kitty, a splitter, above their GPA but below their median LSAT. I am a UT undergrad and a Tennessee resident so keeping my fingers crossed. I have been accepted into Memphis and Cincinnati so far.

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:15 pm

cfox17 wrote:I applied 12/7 and have been under review since 12/20. I am like you kitty, a splitter, above their GPA but below their median LSAT. I am a UT undergrad and a Tennessee resident so keeping my fingers crossed. I have been accepted into Memphis and Cincinnati so far.


Best of luck to you! I definitely know how nerve-wracking waiting can be as a reverse-splitter. Hopefully being a UT undergrad helps!

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

cfox17 wrote:I applied 12/7 and have been under review since 12/20. I am like you kitty, a splitter, above their GPA but below their median LSAT. I am a UT undergrad and a Tennessee resident so keeping my fingers crossed. I have been accepted into Memphis and Cincinnati so far.


A fellow undergraduate here, good luck to you an go Vols!

cfox17
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:02 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby cfox17 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Thank you guys! Regardless of where I end up, it'll always be Go Vols on Saturdays! haha

bigvol
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bigvol » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:41 pm

The additional essay was obnoxious. Anyways...

Application complete- January 6
Acceptance via email- January 15 (first decision this cycle)

162/3.7

Any idea when to expect scholarship info?

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm

bigvol wrote:The additional essay was obnoxious. Anyways...

Application complete- January 6
Acceptance via email- January 15 (first decision this cycle)

162/3.7

Any idea when to expect scholarship info?


I spoke with Ms. Hatcher on the phone, and she told me that scholarships were given on a rolling basis. So, if you don't get any soon, hold out because they may revaluate their accepted/withdrawn pool.

User avatar
kellohitty
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby kellohitty » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Anyone planning on going to Law Preview Day in late March? I'll be there!

Adam0190
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Adam0190 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Anybody receive scholarship info today?? I got a 15k/year offer in the mail.

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Adam0190 wrote:Anybody receive scholarship info today?? I got a 15k/year offer in the mail.


Congrats!

bigvol
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bigvol » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 am

Adam0190 wrote:Anybody receive scholarship info today?? I got a 15k/year offer in the mail.



Would you mind posting/pm-ing your stats and acceptance date? I was admitted Jan 7th and haven't heard anything about scholarships yet.

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 pm

bigvol wrote:
Adam0190 wrote:Anybody receive scholarship info today?? I got a 15k/year offer in the mail.



Would you mind posting/pm-ing your stats and acceptance date? I was admitted Jan 7th and haven't heard anything about scholarships yet.


Check out lawschoolnumbers. I noticed you are on there. There is someone with almost identical stats who got 30,000. Good luck.

Jesse1983
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Jesse1983 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Just saw this posted on the College of Law web page:

"The College of Law welcomes applications for admission to its 2014 entering class until Aug. 1. The college will consider candidates who took the February LSAT, who plan to take the June 2014 test and others who were unable to complete the application process by the Feb. 1 priority deadline."

Sounds like applications must be way down this year if they are willing to consider new applicants until nearly time for the fall semester to begin. But it is great news for all of the slackers out there who missed today's deadline.

Meanwhile my app has been complete since early October and nary a word from the fine folks in Knoxville. Come on UT, send me my rejection letter and put me out of my misery so I can start planning my T4 future.

TennesseeLaw
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby TennesseeLaw » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Jesse1983 wrote:Just saw this posted on the College of Law web page:

"The College of Law welcomes applications for admission to its 2014 entering class until Aug. 1. The college will consider candidates who took the February LSAT, who plan to take the June 2014 test and others who were unable to complete the application process by the Feb. 1 priority deadline."

Sounds like applications must be way down this year if they are willing to consider new applicants until nearly time for the fall semester to begin. But it is great news for all of the slackers out there who missed today's deadline.

Meanwhile my app has been complete since early October and nary a word from the fine folks in Knoxville. Come on UT, send me my rejection letter and put me out of my misery so I can start planning my T4 future.


I noticed this as well.

cfox17
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:02 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby cfox17 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Applied 12/07 and have been under review since 12/20! Keeping my fingers crossed though, I called to talk to a admissions director and she said my file is still being reviewed, so at least I have not been wait listed or rejected yet. I also noticed the extended date too so I hope they do not have me waiting until mid summer because I will probably have already made a decision by then.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], izha, potterotter, reydingo, Yahoo [Bot] and 20 guests