SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lim949655
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:25 am

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Lim949655 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:31 am

healthyman wrote:Current Status: Held for further review.


+1 under EA

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am

There's still hope! I'm sure you guys will get in regular decision.

torresash14
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby torresash14 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Lim949655 wrote:
healthyman wrote:Current Status: Held for further review.


+1 under EA


Same.

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby crchildress » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 pm

For everyone held, did you apply FT, PT, or both?

sam13
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby sam13 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:31 pm

STILL at "Complete" since 1/5. !?!?

User avatar
fnma2jd
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby fnma2jd » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 pm

sam13 wrote:STILL at "Complete" since 1/5. !?!?


Same here, although I don't feel too bad about it considering that theres still people that have been complete since like october

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

fnma2jd wrote:
sam13 wrote:STILL at "Complete" since 1/5. !?!?


Same here, although I don't feel too bad about it considering that theres still people that have been complete since like october



I think that's just someone not updating their stuff....

If you applied in October, then that's EA which means you should have gotten your decision already.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby ScottRiqui » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Austinbound wrote:
fnma2jd wrote:
sam13 wrote:STILL at "Complete" since 1/5. !?!?


Same here, although I don't feel too bad about it considering that theres still people that have been complete since like october



I think that's just someone not updating their stuff....

If you applied in October, then that's EA which means you should have gotten your decision already.


I suspect you're probably right, but didn't EA only promise a decision by the end of January? There technically *could* still be EA folks who haven't heard.

User avatar
fnma2jd
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby fnma2jd » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:17 pm

basing that off of LSN, assuming that everything is accurately updated. Its mostly those with average stats that will most likely be pushed to reg decision but you get it. Even if technically early november and not ED.... Still a long wait.


http://smu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:50 pm

From what I can tell, applicants held over from early to regular generally will be reviewed after most of the regular applicants who have already submitted. You're probably right in that they are being held. Just sucks that they are probably going to be waiting even longer.

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby crchildress » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:45 pm

I was EA last year and I was informed I was held at the very end of January. Then I got waitlisted sometime in April... So at least for me everything was at the back end of the timeframe

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:43 pm

So UT Austin is closed today for "inclement weather." Any word on SMU being closed? They typically release decisions on Fridays so I was hoping for some good news :(

User avatar
fnma2jd
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby fnma2jd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Austinbound wrote:So UT Austin is closed today for "inclement weather." Any word on SMU being closed? They typically release decisions on Fridays so I was hoping for some good news :(


The southern half of the state got hit with some weird ice/snow storm but its normal up here in Dallas. It should be business as usual.

I've noticed they send acceptances out of fridays so I'm hoping they'll send out today.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:00 pm

fnma2jd wrote:
Austinbound wrote:So UT Austin is closed today for "inclement weather." Any word on SMU being closed? They typically release decisions on Fridays so I was hoping for some good news :(


The southern half of the state got hit with some weird ice/snow storm but its normal up here in Dallas. It should be business as usual.

I've noticed they send acceptances out of fridays so I'm hoping they'll send out today.



I have my fingers crossed for us!! :) It's going to be a long wait until this afternoon (I've noticed they usually go out between 2-5pm)

User avatar
fnma2jd
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby fnma2jd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Austinbound wrote:
fnma2jd wrote:
Austinbound wrote:So UT Austin is closed today for "inclement weather." Any word on SMU being closed? They typically release decisions on Fridays so I was hoping for some good news :(


The southern half of the state got hit with some weird ice/snow storm but its normal up here in Dallas. It should be business as usual.

I've noticed they send acceptances out of fridays so I'm hoping they'll send out today.



I have my fingers crossed for us!! :) It's going to be a long wait until this afternoon (I've noticed they usually go out between 2-5pm)


I like how were really analyzing the trends :)

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Attax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:05 pm

I need to get paid so I can submit my application!

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Attax wrote:I need to get paid so I can submit my application!



Ask for a waiver!!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Attax » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Austinbound wrote:
Attax wrote:I need to get paid so I can submit my application!



Ask for a waiver!!


... I have one. I've just been too lazy to write my "Why SMU" essay.

User avatar
fnma2jd
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby fnma2jd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:
Attax wrote:I need to get paid so I can submit my application!



Ask for a waiver!!


... I have one. I've just been too lazy to write my "Why SMU" essay.


that one was the easiest one because you can spin it in to "Why Dallas?" and list all the great things about the city

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:
Attax wrote:I need to get paid so I can submit my application!



Ask for a waiver!!


... I have one. I've just been too lazy to write my "Why SMU" essay.



It's always a drag when the "Why x" is mandatory lol. That being said, when I talked to admissions they said no more than 1 pg for the Why SMU, with most people only doing a half page double spaced.

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby JRO1989 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:29 pm

That's all I did, 1/2 page double-spaced and got in before the holiday.
Good luck to everybody!

User avatar
crchildress
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby crchildress » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Application "Complete" and Application "Completed"?

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 pm

^ this

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby bound » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Not sure if there's a difference but mine says "completed" and has said that for a long time.

ged1234
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: SMU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 Applicants)

Postby ged1234 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Has anyone had any luck negotiating scholarships at SMU? I received a larger scholarship at Wake that I was hoping SMU would match




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests