Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 pm

mkdoucet wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
mkdoucet wrote:Finally checking in after months of unabashed lurking.

ED
161, 3.93 GPA, average softs, 6 yrs WE, awesome LORs from work and college connections (a sitting congressman, that has to count for something, right)
Submitted 11-12, Complete 11-15, 11-27, 12-09

No interview request to date.

I was put on the (preferred, what does that MEAN) waitlist last year and decided to not pursue admission for last cycle because of personal issues. I was really disappointed to not get my LSATs up AT ALL after a year; I had practice scores consistently in the upper 160s / low 170s, but nailed a 161 twice on the actual tests. Unfortunately working 60 hours a week isn't super conducive to intensive LSAT studying.

Anyways, no reject/waitlist email yet which I am praying is a good sign. Will continue to obsessively check my mail. Good luck to all of those with decisions still pending, and many congratulations to the admits! Hope to see you all next year :)


retake


Is there a limit imposed by LSAC on how many times you can retake? I've heard different things about this. I guess another retake with a higher score wouldn't look much worse than two 161s


Three times in a 2-year period.
General rule of thumb is that schools are just looking at the highest. So, retake.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:17 pm

mkdoucet wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
mkdoucet wrote:Finally checking in after months of unabashed lurking.

ED
161, 3.93 GPA, average softs, 6 yrs WE, awesome LORs from work and college connections (a sitting congressman, that has to count for something, right)
Submitted 11-12, Complete 11-15, 11-27, 12-09

No interview request to date.

I was put on the (preferred, what does that MEAN) waitlist last year and decided to not pursue admission for last cycle because of personal issues. I was really disappointed to not get my LSATs up AT ALL after a year; I had practice scores consistently in the upper 160s / low 170s, but nailed a 161 twice on the actual tests. Unfortunately working 60 hours a week isn't super conducive to intensive LSAT studying.

Anyways, no reject/waitlist email yet which I am praying is a good sign. Will continue to obsessively check my mail. Good luck to all of those with decisions still pending, and many congratulations to the admits! Hope to see you all next year :)


retake


Is there a limit imposed by LSAC on how many times you can retake? I've heard different things about this. I guess another retake with a higher score wouldn't look much worse than two 161s


You're limited to three takes in two years. If you're signing up for your third take, make it count (aka put in the time to really study). And a higher score definitely won't look worse than two 161s... a higher score can only help you. Lower or the same score won't hurt.

Also, LOR from a congressman won't matter.

ETA: scooped

mkdoucet
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mkdoucet » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
mkdoucet wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
mkdoucet wrote:Finally checking in after months of unabashed lurking.

ED
161, 3.93 GPA, average softs, 6 yrs WE, awesome LORs from work and college connections (a sitting congressman, that has to count for something, right)
Submitted 11-12, Complete 11-15, 11-27, 12-09

No interview request to date.

I was put on the (preferred, what does that MEAN) waitlist last year and decided to not pursue admission for last cycle because of personal issues. I was really disappointed to not get my LSATs up AT ALL after a year; I had practice scores consistently in the upper 160s / low 170s, but nailed a 161 twice on the actual tests. Unfortunately working 60 hours a week isn't super conducive to intensive LSAT studying.

Anyways, no reject/waitlist email yet which I am praying is a good sign. Will continue to obsessively check my mail. Good luck to all of those with decisions still pending, and many congratulations to the admits! Hope to see you all next year :)


retake


Is there a limit imposed by LSAC on how many times you can retake? I've heard different things about this. I guess another retake with a higher score wouldn't look much worse than two 161s


Three times in a 2-year period.
General rule of thumb is that schools are just looking at the highest. So, retake.


Right on. Thanks, y'all.

yesmanyesman
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yesmanyesman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm

emmybee wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:got acceptance letter, bad lsat score, OK gpa (167/3.82)


Congrats! When did you submit and go complete? Any status updates? :)


never a status update, e-mail, letter, interview, nothing, just an acceptance

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:08 pm

yesmanyesman wrote:
emmybee wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:got acceptance letter, bad lsat score, OK gpa (167/3.82)


Congrats! When did you submit and go complete? Any status updates? :)


never a status update, e-mail, letter, interview, nothing, just an acceptance


this changes everything

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 pm

scoobers wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:
emmybee wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:got acceptance letter, bad lsat score, OK gpa (167/3.82)


Congrats! When did you submit and go complete? Any status updates? :)


never a status update, e-mail, letter, interview, nothing, just an acceptance


this changes everything


That is so scary. But I don't know why I'm scared.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:12 pm

yesmanyesman wrote:
emmybee wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:got acceptance letter, bad lsat score, OK gpa (167/3.82)


Congrats! When did you submit and go complete? Any status updates? :)


never a status update, e-mail, letter, interview, nothing, just an acceptance


How obsessively were you checking your status checker?

Asking for science.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:49 pm

yesmanyesman wrote:
emmybee wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:got acceptance letter, bad lsat score, OK gpa (167/3.82)


Congrats! When did you submit and go complete? Any status updates? :)


never a status update, e-mail, letter, interview, nothing, just an acceptance


5 posts. why should we believe you. not asking for science here asking for neurosis.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:04 pm

scoobers wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:
emmybee wrote:
yesmanyesman wrote:got acceptance letter, bad lsat score, OK gpa (167/3.82)


Congrats! When did you submit and go complete? Any status updates? :)


never a status update, e-mail, letter, interview, nothing, just an acceptance


5 posts. why should we believe you. not asking for science here asking for neurosis.


you sound like lucky :D

14G
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 14G » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Just got an email placing me on the WL. Submitted in September, one status change last week, #'s below both medians.

thomasgfarrow
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby thomasgfarrow » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Had interview on the 25th, then status updates on Dec 3rd and 4th, thought maybe they had decided on me.. then got another status update today. :( Has anyone had an update AFTER their acceptance letter was postmarked? I'm hoping maybe they have actually decided on me and for some reason they updated it again today.

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chneyo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 pm

got my fourth (third?) status update today, still no interview request. :?

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:13 pm

scoobers wrote:got my fourth (third?) status update today, still no interview request. :?


When did you apply?

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:14 pm

wtrc wrote:
scoobers wrote:got my fourth (third?) status update today, still no interview request. :?


When did you apply?


the 18th? somewhere around that day.

User avatar
gigibeirne
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gigibeirne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:15 am

-
Last edited by gigibeirne on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Balthy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:39 am

gigibeirne wrote:just random but i think its fun so bring this up
my interviewer was like super pretty so i google her up and found a clip about her introducing her firm to summer interns or sth..like broadcasting clip
the short clip heavily concentrated on her lips.......
so TLSer who underestimated GULC or mentioned Georgetttown,fuck youuuu all cuz GULC got beautiful blondies with decent medical background. lol



pics or it didnt happen

User avatar
gigibeirne
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gigibeirne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:59 am

-
Last edited by gigibeirne on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:33 am

gigibeirne wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:
gigibeirne wrote:just random but i think its fun so bring this up
my interviewer was like super pretty so i google her up and found a clip about her introducing her firm to summer interns or sth..like broadcasting clip
the short clip heavily concentrated on her lips.......
so TLSer who underestimated GULC or mentioned Georgetttown,fuck youuuu all cuz GULC got beautiful blondies with decent medical background. lol



pics or it didnt happen



oh yeah dude and attached her name on it?


Just do it. You can't mention a IRL pretty girl on the interwebz and not post pictures. That's breaking the rules.

User avatar
chriskel
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chriskel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:38 am

FYI for everyone anxiously waiting (myself included): it's a snowy day out here today and Georgetown is closed. http://www.wjla.com/weather/college-closings-delays/

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 am

chriskel wrote:FYI for everyone anxiously waiting (myself included): it's a snowy day out here today and Georgetown is closed. http://www.wjla.com/weather/college-closings-delays/


WHY. IS THE QUESTION.

But seriously, I live 3 blocks from the law campus, it's raining. Ok, fine, technically it's "light snow mist." But still.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:36 am

alex.cm wrote:
chriskel wrote:FYI for everyone anxiously waiting (myself included): it's a snowy day out here today and Georgetown is closed. http://www.wjla.com/weather/college-closings-delays/


WHY. IS THE QUESTION.

But seriously, I live 3 blocks from the law campus, it's raining. Ok, fine, technically it's "light snow mist." But still.


I mean the Law Center is opening at 11am, according to their site.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 am

ohpobrecito wrote:
alex.cm wrote:WHY. IS THE QUESTION.

But seriously, I live 3 blocks from the law campus, it's raining. Ok, fine, technically it's "light snow mist." But still.


I mean the Law Center is opening at 11am, according to their site.


Yeah I'm sure they're still working today, and I didn't mean to come off as bitchy as, in retrospect, that sounded. I just walked outside today on my way to work and was so incredulous that so much of DC is shut down for weather like this, lol. To be fair, during the heat wave we had one week this summer I could totally have justified closing everything down and no one seemed to agree with me there, either. :wink:

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pompoms » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

edwardt1988 wrote:
gigibeirne wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:
gigibeirne wrote:just random but i think its fun so bring this up
my interviewer was like super pretty so i google her up and found a clip about her introducing her firm to summer interns or sth..like broadcasting clip
the short clip heavily concentrated on her lips.......
so TLSer who underestimated GULC or mentioned Georgetttown,fuck youuuu all cuz GULC got beautiful blondies with decent medical background. lol



pics or it didnt happen



oh yeah dude and attached her name on it?


Just do it. You can't mention a IRL pretty girl on the interwebz and not post pictures. That's breaking the rules.


For the record, I work with her, your alumni interviewer. I suggest avoiding using your real name in the forums. This is not an appropriate line of discussion and objectifying a female attorney in a public forum is probably not anyone's best use of this thread...if you get me.

linkx13
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby linkx13 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 am

So, no one has heard anything new about the admitted students website or the ASW in Jan?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, cjar819, cyclawps, danid83, fattsdomino, hamburg, hangold, harmcharm, lawdude31, lillawyer2, mccracal, nerdylsat, Smc1994 and 33 guests