Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

illyria wrote:What happens if you cannot attend a group interview?
People with my submit/complete dates have been admitted without an interview already, so I was wondering if they would just make a decision as it is.
Both numbers are above the 75th.


I told them I couldn't attend, and I got in. You'll be fine.

User avatar
illyria
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby illyria » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:57 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
illyria wrote:What happens if you cannot attend a group interview?
People with my submit/complete dates have been admitted without an interview already, so I was wondering if they would just make a decision as it is.
Both numbers are above the 75th.


I told them I couldn't attend, and I got in. You'll be fine.


Great, thank you!

User avatar
kemosabe
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kemosabe » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Any part-timers hear back yet? I applied to both and got my acceptance letter for the full time program about a week ago. The letter made no mention of my part-time application, so I'm wondering if this means it's still pending or that it was rejected.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:26 am

Image

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:29 am

ded

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:ded


I try, i try.

btw there are now polls associated with this thread.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:13 am

scoobers wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:ded


I try, i try.

btw there are now polls associated with this thread.


Does the first complete count as a date change?

User avatar
gigibeirne
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gigibeirne » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 am

thespectator wrote:Hey all,

What is the best attire for a guy to wear to the alumni interview? We are meeting at the interviewer's office.
Any tips other than being prepared to answer "Why law" and "Why GULC"?

Thanks.


business casual is always a winner. prepare for some insightful questions to ask about GULC which can imply your long interest and that youve done some research.
its more like an opportunity of intellectual communication. so relax, you cant just get into GULC because of an awesome interview or get dinged just because you failed to impress your interviewer. its just a standard procedure

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 am

midwest17 wrote:
scoobers wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:ded


I try, i try.

btw there are now polls associated with this thread.


Does the first complete count as a date change?


Hm. I think I put mine in thinking that.

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby waddle » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

In today via letter in the mail - letter dated 12/2. And a personal note from Dean Cornblatt!

Most recent UR update was also 12/2.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:36 pm

waddle wrote:In today via letter in the mail - letter dated 12/2. And a personal note from Dean Cornblatt!

Most recent UR update was also 12/2.


Congratulations!
:D

User avatar
rule615
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rule615 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm

waddle wrote:In today via letter in the mail - letter dated 12/2. And a personal note from Dean Cornblatt!

Most recent UR update was also 12/2.


congrats! what was your original complete date?

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby waddle » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks! Submitted 11/12, complete 11/14.

Edit: Should add, I never got an interview request.
Last edited by waddle on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tls2175
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tls2175 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Received acceptance letter dated 12/2 on Friday! Submitted on 11/2. Went complete 11/5. Received a group interview invite on 11/12 for 11/22 but had to turn down.

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tigersaresexy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Wait I just got my third "Applications completed" update.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? Decision made? eep!

Also is it normal that my status updated a few days later than the date listed? Because it says 12/5 today..and I definitely checked in the last few days and there was no change...

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Alright, I hate to keep posting about this, but I'm getting concerned. I submitted 11/1, went under review around 11/9, and had a group interview. But since, no decision and not even an update to the status checker date. I wrote a supplemental and my numbers are at or above the 75ths. Is this normal...?

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:56 pm

tigersaresexy wrote:Wait I just got my third "Applications completed" update.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? Decision made? eep!

Also is it normal that my status updated a few days later than the date listed? Because it says 12/5 today..and I definitely checked in the last few days and there was no change...


have you had an interview? I went complete on 12/5 as well.

eta: for the third time

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pompoms » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:00 pm

wtrc wrote:Alright, I hate to keep posting about this, but I'm getting concerned. I submitted 11/1, went under review around 11/9, and had a group interview. But since, no decision and not even an update to the status checker date. I wrote a supplemental and my numbers are at or above the 75ths. Is this normal...?


I know I've responded before but I just want to reiterate I'm in the exact same boat with roughly the same dates - 11/12 date change and 11/20 group interview. Your numbers are better than mine. This wait is definitely getting to me too!!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 pm

pompoms wrote:
wtrc wrote:Alright, I hate to keep posting about this, but I'm getting concerned. I submitted 11/1, went under review around 11/9, and had a group interview. But since, no decision and not even an update to the status checker date. I wrote a supplemental and my numbers are at or above the 75ths. Is this normal...?


I know I've responded before but I just want to reiterate I'm in the exact same boat with roughly the same dates - 11/12 date change and 11/20 group interview. Your numbers are better than mine. This wait is definitely getting to me too!!


Guys I am in a similar boat but no interview (West coast if it matters)

I asked this a page or two back but no one responded and the more I see people who submitted after me getting in the more I get worried :cry:

I submitted on 10/29 and have only had two status updates: 11/1 (the original complete) and 11/5.
I have decent numbers for GULC (see profile) but no interview request or acceptance letter yet.

Any insight? Thank you!

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tigersaresexy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:04 pm

scoobers wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Wait I just got my third "Applications completed" update.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? Decision made? eep!

Also is it normal that my status updated a few days later than the date listed? Because it says 12/5 today..and I definitely checked in the last few days and there was no change...


have you had an interview? I went complete on 12/5 as well.

eta: for the third time



Nope but I am overseas so I didn't really expect one.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:35 pm

wtrc wrote:Alright, I hate to keep posting about this, but I'm getting concerned. I submitted 11/1, went under review around 11/9, and had a group interview. But since, no decision and not even an update to the status checker date. I wrote a supplemental and my numbers are at or above the 75ths. Is this normal...?


Could be YP...? Did you write any of the optional essays? I'm not sure if Georgetown is receptive to submitting those after your file is complete, and it might risk it being slowed down more, but maybe that would be the way to go?

mkdoucet
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mkdoucet » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Finally checking in after months of unabashed lurking.

ED
161, 3.93 GPA, average softs, 6 yrs WE, awesome LORs from work and college connections (a sitting congressman, that has to count for something, right)
Submitted 11-12, Complete 11-15, 11-27, 12-09

No interview request to date.

I was put on the (preferred, what does that MEAN) waitlist last year and decided to not pursue admission for last cycle because of personal issues. I was really disappointed to not get my LSATs up AT ALL after a year; I had practice scores consistently in the upper 160s / low 170s, but nailed a 161 twice on the actual tests. Unfortunately working 60 hours a week isn't super conducive to intensive LSAT studying.

Anyways, no reject/waitlist email yet which I am praying is a good sign. Will continue to obsessively check my mail. Good luck to all of those with decisions still pending, and many congratulations to the admits! Hope to see you all next year :)

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm

mkdoucet wrote:Finally checking in after months of unabashed lurking.

ED
161, 3.93 GPA, average softs, 6 yrs WE, awesome LORs from work and college connections (a sitting congressman, that has to count for something, right)
Submitted 11-12, Complete 11-15, 11-27, 12-09

No interview request to date.

I was put on the (preferred, what does that MEAN) waitlist last year and decided to not pursue admission for last cycle because of personal issues. I was really disappointed to not get my LSATs up AT ALL after a year; I had practice scores consistently in the upper 160s / low 170s, but nailed a 161 twice on the actual tests. Unfortunately working 60 hours a week isn't super conducive to intensive LSAT studying.

Anyways, no reject/waitlist email yet which I am praying is a good sign. Will continue to obsessively check my mail. Good luck to all of those with decisions still pending, and many congratulations to the admits! Hope to see you all next year :)


retake

mkdoucet
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mkdoucet » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:15 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
mkdoucet wrote:Finally checking in after months of unabashed lurking.

ED
161, 3.93 GPA, average softs, 6 yrs WE, awesome LORs from work and college connections (a sitting congressman, that has to count for something, right)
Submitted 11-12, Complete 11-15, 11-27, 12-09

No interview request to date.

I was put on the (preferred, what does that MEAN) waitlist last year and decided to not pursue admission for last cycle because of personal issues. I was really disappointed to not get my LSATs up AT ALL after a year; I had practice scores consistently in the upper 160s / low 170s, but nailed a 161 twice on the actual tests. Unfortunately working 60 hours a week isn't super conducive to intensive LSAT studying.

Anyways, no reject/waitlist email yet which I am praying is a good sign. Will continue to obsessively check my mail. Good luck to all of those with decisions still pending, and many congratulations to the admits! Hope to see you all next year :)


retake


Is there a limit imposed by LSAC on how many times you can retake? I've heard different things about this. I guess another retake with a higher score wouldn't look much worse than two 161s




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests