Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:14 am

I just got my acceptance letter. No interview. I live in Miami, so is this why? It's a letter with a personal note from the dean welcoming me to the class of 2017. I did not ED.
Stats:
165/ 3.6 AA male
EDIT: I just checked and it seems that there are no people in my area to interview me. As far as I know, this is why they did not arrange one with me.

Also my update checker does not reflect this decision...as the disclaimer on the bottom states...

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby carolinainmymind » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:13 am

anubis1911 wrote:I just got my acceptance letter. No interview. I live in Miami, so is this why? It's a letter with a personal note from the dean welcoming me to the class of 2017. I did not ED.
Stats:
165/ 3.6 AA male
EDIT: I just checked and it seems that there are no people in my area to interview me. As far as I know, this is why they did not arrange one with me.

Also my update checker does not reflect this decision...as the disclaimer on the bottom states...


When was your last status update?

musicdiplomacy
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby musicdiplomacy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 am

Got an email asking to confirm my mailing address and contact details. Good news perhaps?

kraffcook
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kraffcook » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:49 am

anubis1911 wrote:I just got my acceptance letter. No interview. I live in Miami, so is this why? It's a letter with a personal note from the dean welcoming me to the class of 2017. I did not ED.
Stats:
165/ 3.6 AA male
EDIT: I just checked and it seems that there are no people in my area to interview me. As far as I know, this is why they did not arrange one with me.

Also my update checker does not reflect this decision...as the disclaimer on the bottom states...


Dean Cornblatt goes to Miami to do interviews almost every year. I believe he'll be there next week, actually. I know he will be interviewing some people who requested interviews, so maybe its just for voluntary interviews. There are places in the country where they can't do an interview, but those people can sometimes get a phone interview (common for applicants abroad). No interview just means they liked you enough based on your app to admit you without extra info. Congrats!

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:45 am

It says application complete and the date is 10/28

ConLawNerd91
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ConLawNerd91 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:Has anyone had a status change/heard anything since the group interview on October 24th? I still haven't.



No update here either. I'm hoping we'll have some movement by the end of this week. I remember Dean Cornblatt saying that decisions will be going out to us "very very very soon".


Which group interview did you go to?

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 pm

ConLawNerd91 wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:Has anyone had a status change/heard anything since the group interview on October 24th? I still haven't.



No update here either. I'm hoping we'll have some movement by the end of this week. I remember Dean Cornblatt saying that decisions will be going out to us "very very very soon".


Which group interview did you go to?


Philadelphia, I'm assuming we were in the same room? Lol

ConLawNerd91
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ConLawNerd91 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:Has anyone had a status change/heard anything since the group interview on October 24th? I still haven't.



No update here either. I'm hoping we'll have some movement by the end of this week. I remember Dean Cornblatt saying that decisions will be going out to us "very very very soon".


Which group interview did you go to?


Philadelphia, I'm assuming we were in the same room? Lol


Yep

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 pm

ConLawNerd91 wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:

No update here either. I'm hoping we'll have some movement by the end of this week. I remember Dean Cornblatt saying that decisions will be going out to us "very very very soon".


Which group interview did you go to?


Philadelphia, I'm assuming we were in the same room? Lol


Yep

Apparently that room was full of TLSers haha

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:02 pm

IN! Last update was monday, the rest have been all over the place. Crazy.
Last edited by BmoreOrLess on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BSA
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BSA » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 pm

---
Last edited by BSA on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:17 pm

BSA wrote:Congrats! Remind me - were you ED/have you received other acceptances so far?


No, and haven't applied anywhere else yet. Will probably apply to a few other schools in a pathetic attempt to negotiate some money, but I'd like to stay in the area, so it was pretty much GULC or bust.

BSA
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BSA » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 pm

---
Last edited by BSA on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kool-Aid » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Also in today! Last update was 11/4...3 updates before interview and 3 after.

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:09 pm

In RD. Letter was dated 11/4, my fourth update date since the group interview in Philly!

BSA
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BSA » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 am

----
Last edited by BSA on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ConLawNerd91
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ConLawNerd91 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:11 pm

I haven't had a status date change since 10/10, and my group interview was 10/24. Given that someone else from my interview was already admitted with a bunch of status changes, does anyone think no date change indicates an automatic rejection? If that's what it means I wish they would just tell me so I can stop getting my hopes up :(

User avatar
kmiller
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kmiller » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 pm

ConLawNerd91 wrote:I haven't had a status date change since 10/10, and my group interview was 10/24. Given that someone else from my interview was already admitted with a bunch of status changes, does anyone think no date change indicates an automatic rejection? If that's what it means I wish they would just tell me so I can stop getting my hopes up :(


+1
I was in the same Philly interview and my last date was 11/1. No letter so far.

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:42 pm

ConLawNerd91 wrote:I haven't had a status date change since 10/10, and my group interview was 10/24. Given that someone else from my interview was already admitted with a bunch of status changes, does anyone think no date change indicates an automatic rejection? If that's what it means I wish they would just tell me so I can stop getting my hopes up :(


I don't think necessarily so. Looking back, it seems people from interviews around the same time have taken as little to a week, or much closer to two or more to hear anything. Keep up hope!

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:56 pm

ConLawNerd91 wrote:I haven't had a status date change since 10/10, and my group interview was 10/24. Given that someone else from my interview was already admitted with a bunch of status changes, does anyone think no date change indicates an automatic rejection? If that's what it means I wish they would just tell me so I can stop getting my hopes up :(


There was someone ITT already held, so as long as you haven't heard anything from them you still have reason to believe your not an autoding.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:08 pm

What have everyone's wait times been after an Alumni interview? It looks like my last update was the day I received correspondence from my interviewer to set up a time to meet, no status date change since then. (Submitted 10/9, last update 10/29, interviewed 11/2 - so less than a week ago, I know!)

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:29 pm

alex.cm wrote:What have everyone's wait times been after an Alumni interview? It looks like my last update was the day I received correspondence from my interviewer to set up a time to meet, no status date change since then. (Submitted 10/9, last update 10/29, interviewed 11/2 - so less than a week ago, I know!)


I interviewed on a Thursday, got an update that Friday, another update the following Friday, and a final update the following Monday when my acceptance was postmarked.

Your interviewer could be dragging their feet? I know mine stayed at the coffee shop to fill everything out right after the interview.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby thechancellor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
alex.cm wrote:What have everyone's wait times been after an Alumni interview? It looks like my last update was the day I received correspondence from my interviewer to set up a time to meet, no status date change since then. (Submitted 10/9, last update 10/29, interviewed 11/2 - so less than a week ago, I know!)


I interviewed on a Thursday, got an update that Friday, another update the following Friday, and a final update the following Monday when my acceptance was postmarked.

Your interviewer could be dragging their feet? I know mine stayed at the coffee shop to fill everything out right after the interview.


Yeah, that's kind of what I'm assuming but I figured it was worth double-checking. I thought the interview went well and the interviewer was super laidback, but he definitely didn't stick around to fill out a form. I'm a decently strong candidate, so I'm not too worried.

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby carolinainmymind » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 pm

In at Georgetown! Submitted 10/17, four "completes" later, rec'd letter (dated Nov. 4) in mail today.

No optional essay, no interview.

User avatar
Snowboarder1588
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Snowboarder1588 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:14 pm

kmiller wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:I haven't had a status date change since 10/10, and my group interview was 10/24. Given that someone else from my interview was already admitted with a bunch of status changes, does anyone think no date change indicates an automatic rejection? If that's what it means I wish they would just tell me so I can stop getting my hopes up :(


+1
I was in the same Philly interview and my last date was 11/1. No letter so far.



Hey at least you have had an update..so stay positive! I Haven't had any updates since my first complete date on 9/30, and I was in the group interview with you guys.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”