Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

throw stones
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby throw stones » Thu May 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Speak of the devil and he shall reject you

Status update today. Email followed

bumamamaia
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bumamamaia » Fri May 02, 2014 1:00 pm

jettison63 wrote:
bumamamaia wrote:
throw stones wrote:All this waiting has given me time to talk myself out of 250k+ debt with my career goals in mind. Best of luck to everyone else thats waiting!


I was doing the same thing. Finally got my decision email today and I wasn't offered admissions. I think I'll wait another year before I apply again.



Sorry to hear it didn't work out this year. I might be in the same boat shortly. Did you get a status update on your account or just the email? I only ask because I haven't had a change since early March.

This seemed like a somewhat weird cycle--hope things are better for all next year.


Thanks! Just the email. I applied mid Feb and the last update was mid March.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2841
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby haus » Mon May 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Dinged via email.

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawprincess
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawprincess » Tue May 06, 2014 1:52 pm

jettison63 wrote:
haus wrote:Dinged via email.



Sorry about the ding :-/


Is there anybody else who hasn't heard a thing? I've checked my status and my spam folder. Nada.



I haven't heard a thing either. My last status update was on 3/12.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 2:11 pm

...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawprincess
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawprincess » Wed May 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Anyone else have a date change today?

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Wed May 07, 2014 8:11 pm

yes. and no ding/waitlist email, yet anyway

DINGED. oh well

lawprincess
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawprincess » Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 pm

thevuch wrote:yes. and no ding/waitlist email, yet anyway

DINGED. oh well


Me too.

User avatar
mynameis08
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mynameis08 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:01 am

lawprincess wrote:
jettison63 wrote:
haus wrote:Dinged via email.



Sorry about the ding :-/


Is there anybody else who hasn't heard a thing? I've checked my status and my spam folder. Nada.



I haven't heard a thing either. My last status update was on 3/12.



Same here. date changed last 3/12 and this thing is making me lose hope now.

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:38 am

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

businessofshow
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby businessofshow » Wed May 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Anyone else have a date change today?

Dinged

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu May 15, 2014 6:55 pm

I wanted to throw this out there for those who have been recently accepted or decided on GULC! Hope to see you all over in the C/O 2017 Forum!

Glasseyes wrote:To the folks just signing aboard: make sure to stop by the TLS class of 2017 thread and get added to the GULC headcount. We've got a lot of catching up to do!

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=227952

LULU0909
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LULU0909 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 pm

Checking in.

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm on the PWL. Earlier today I got an email explaining how it looks like they will have some spots as June 1st approaches, and how the committee wants to focus on people are are committed to attend, etc., and asked me to reply. Hoping this leads to good news! Good luck to those still waiting!

User avatar
tinagroan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tinagroan » Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 am

dobie1 wrote:I'm on the PWL. Earlier today I got an email explaining how it looks like they will have some spots as June 1st approaches, and how the committee wants to focus on people are are committed to attend, etc., and asked me to reply. Hoping this leads to good news! Good luck to those still waiting!

Yeah, I got the same email, which is strange, because it didn't get that "You're the top of our list!" email a bunch of people of people got like a month ago. How did you respond to this one? I haven't sent a LOCI since I've been waitlisted, so I wasn't sure if it was getting a general sense of my interest or essentially a notice that they're ready to pull me.

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:58 pm

tinagroan wrote:
dobie1 wrote:I'm on the PWL. Earlier today I got an email explaining how it looks like they will have some spots as June 1st approaches, and how the committee wants to focus on people are are committed to attend, etc., and asked me to reply. Hoping this leads to good news! Good luck to those still waiting!

Yeah, I got the same email, which is strange, because it didn't get that "You're the top of our list!" email a bunch of people of people got like a month ago. How did you respond to this one? I haven't sent a LOCI since I've been waitlisted, so I wasn't sure if it was getting a general sense of my interest or essentially a notice that they're ready to pull me.

Yea, it's interesting how different the circumstances are for people receiving this email. I have sent 2 LOCIs, and in each, I said that I would definitely go to Georgetown. Then I got this last email, and responded by basically saying, "yes, count me in!" I am also one of those who received the last batch of emails about being at the top of the list.
I'm a reverse splitter, if that makes any difference.

User avatar
tinagroan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tinagroan » Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Just got accepted off the waitlist. Lots to think about. Anyone else get lucky today?

User avatar
frank617
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby frank617 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm

tinagroan wrote:Just got accepted off the waitlist. Lots to think about. Anyone else get lucky today?



Congrats!

Did you notice any status updates? I got the "top of the list" email but haven't heard anything since. Also, do you mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
tinagroan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tinagroan » Wed May 28, 2014 4:10 pm

frank617 wrote:
tinagroan wrote:Just got accepted off the waitlist. Lots to think about. Anyone else get lucky today?



Congrats!

Did you notice any status updates? I got the "top of the list" email but haven't heard anything since. Also, do you mind sharing your stats?


Thanks! I haven't noticed any status updates, but i did get that email checking my interest last Friday.
3.9, 167, priority reserve. I sent one additional letter of recommendation and a LOCI just before I got waitlisted.

zlatanlaw
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zlatanlaw » Wed May 28, 2014 4:15 pm

tinagroan wrote:Just got accepted off the waitlist. Lots to think about. Anyone else get lucky today?

Were you accepted by email?

User avatar
tinagroan
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tinagroan » Wed May 28, 2014 4:20 pm

zlatanlaw wrote:
tinagroan wrote:Just got accepted off the waitlist. Lots to think about. Anyone else get lucky today?

Were you accepted by email?


Basically! It said they couldn't give me my official decision over email, but I would be receiving a letter in the mail and can access the ASW by tomorrow night. It was a really nice email.

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:57 pm

tinagroan wrote:
zlatanlaw wrote:
tinagroan wrote:Just got accepted off the waitlist. Lots to think about. Anyone else get lucky today?

Were you accepted by email?


Basically! It said they couldn't give me my official decision over email, but I would be receiving a letter in the mail and can access the ASW by tomorrow night. It was a really nice email.

I got the same email! Congrats!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Wed May 28, 2014 9:05 pm

Congrats to those admitted off the WL!!!!

I hope to see you in the fall! If you decide to head to GULC, come and check into the Class of 2017 sub-forum!

8)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, finaciardi, glockov, hoy456, itshandled, jjcorvino, malysh, mcvizz, metaxerox88, proteinshake, smartmoon and 20 guests