Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 pm

quashbat wrote:
dobie1 wrote:
quashbat wrote:Anyone get asked for an interview, but still have no word from the interviewer? It's been a month since I submitted my interview preferences. :x :twisted:


I would contact Georgetown at this point. They should be able to pair you up with someone else...oh, and make sure you say you can do it over Skype, just in case they don't have someone in your area.

I just had my interview today; thinking it went well. I'm not sure how much influence our interviewers have over our applications, but by the end of the interview, she was saying things like "when you're at Georgetown...etc" and to call her for help with housing and whatnot. Crossing my fingers!


I have called twice. I checked all possibilities as preferences. (I.e. Skype, FaceTime, phone, in person. Lol) I think they just want to wait list me. I don't know. I sent my app in early. Even made a video. :| woe is me. But I will call again. Thanks.


Don't lose hope yet! You could try sending a LOCI? For me, it was almost 3 weeks before I heard back from my interviewer, and she said that she was JUST notified the day before. I don't know how this process works, but I feel like they wouldn't have requested an interview with you in the first place if they were just going to waitlist you. Stay positive, and good luck!

Jellybean1
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jellybean1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Sent 2/1.
Complete 2/3
First update 2/14
Group interview request - 2/28
Group interview with dean cornblatt - 3/12

No word since.... No update

What should I make of this? Any thoughts?

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Scvaz7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Does no interview request mean I'm going to get dinged?

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rion91 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:Does no interview request mean I'm going to get dinged?

Same question. Sent 2/14

kek5250
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kek5250 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm

rion91 wrote:
Scvaz7 wrote:Does no interview request mean I'm going to get dinged?

Same question. Sent 2/14



no! Not at all. Interviews are generally for people they want to learn more about either because they're a borderline candidate or because they want to ensure interest before they admit. It's a YP thing and an on-the-cusp thing. Auto-admits don't get an interview.

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Scvaz7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 pm

kek5250 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
Scvaz7 wrote:Does no interview request mean I'm going to get dinged?

Same question. Sent 2/14



no! Not at all. Interviews are generally for people they want to learn more about either because they're a borderline candidate or because they want to ensure interest before they admit. It's a YP thing and an on-the-cusp thing. Auto-admits don't get an interview.


But wouldn't you know by now if you're an auto admit?
I'm dying over here

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Interviewed yesterday, now at 3/26. Does anyone have stats/anecdotal evidence regarding admittance after an interview? I'm one of the "on-the-cusp" applicants. Also ED. Thanks!

tmkm
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tmkm » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:11 pm

dobie1 wrote:Interviewed yesterday, now at 3/26. Does anyone have stats/anecdotal evidence regarding admittance after an interview? I'm one of the "on-the-cusp" applicants. Also ED. Thanks!


Hi dobie1,

I interviewed with an alum, had a date change the following day and an admit via email the next. Hoping it goes the same for you!

User avatar
jettison63
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Post removed.

Postby jettison63 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by jettison63 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmkm
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tmkm » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:23 pm

jettison63 wrote:
tmkm wrote:
dobie1 wrote:Interviewed yesterday, now at 3/26. Does anyone have stats/anecdotal evidence regarding admittance after an interview? I'm one of the "on-the-cusp" applicants. Also ED. Thanks!


Hi dobie1,

I interviewed with an alum, had a date change the following day and an admit via email the next. Hoping it goes the same for you!



Anyone who applied on about 3/1 or the few days before get an interview request?

Also--in via email? That's new, no?



I apologize for the confusion--technically you're not "admitted" via email, because it's not explicitly stated in it. The acceptance letter comes via snail mail a few days after said email.

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

tmkm wrote:
dobie1 wrote:Interviewed yesterday, now at 3/26. Does anyone have stats/anecdotal evidence regarding admittance after an interview? I'm one of the "on-the-cusp" applicants. Also ED. Thanks!


Hi dobie1,

I interviewed with an alum, had a date change the following day and an admit via email the next. Hoping it goes the same for you!


Wow congrats! Hoping I get in too!

User avatar
quashbat
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby quashbat » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am

dobie1 wrote:
quashbat wrote:
dobie1 wrote:
quashbat wrote:Anyone get asked for an interview, but still have no word from the interviewer? It's been a month since I submitted my interview preferences. :x :twisted:


I would contact Georgetown at this point. They should be able to pair you up with someone else...oh, and make sure you say you can do it over Skype, just in case they don't have someone in your area.

I just had my interview today; thinking it went well. I'm not sure how much influence our interviewers have over our applications, but by the end of the interview, she was saying things like "when you're at Georgetown...etc" and to call her for help with housing and whatnot. Crossing my fingers!


I have called twice. I checked all possibilities as preferences. (I.e. Skype, FaceTime, phone, in person. Lol) I think they just want to wait list me. I don't know. I sent my app in early. Even made a video. :| woe is me. But I will call again. Thanks.


Don't lose hope yet! You could try sending a LOCI? For me, it was almost 3 weeks before I heard back from my interviewer, and she said that she was JUST notified the day before. I don't know how this process works, but I feel like they wouldn't have requested an interview with you in the first place if they were just going to waitlist you. Stay positive, and good luck!


FINALLY!! Interviewer Contact :lol: thanks Dobie1 for the words of encouragement.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jk148706 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:06 am

Interview last Friday before going UR3.Monday. Nothing since. Sitting here nervous

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 am

jk148706 wrote:Interview last Friday before going UR3.Monday. Nothing since. Sitting here nervous


same here. actually kind of annoyed w/ g-town right now. my interview was like over an hour too, i got big time grilled. ugh.

kek5250
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kek5250 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:30 am

wealtheow wrote:
jk148706 wrote:Interview last Friday before going UR3.Monday. Nothing since. Sitting here nervous


same here. actually kind of annoyed w/ g-town right now. my interview was like over an hour too, i got big time grilled. ugh.


My interview was long too, but I actually liked it! I'm sorry you were grilled, that kinda sucks!

I was told that post-interview I might not hear for a few weeks, that even a month isn't out of the ordinary. Don't fret just yet!

amglanyc
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby amglanyc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Third or fourth "complete" update this morning. No interview.

Jellybean1
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jellybean1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 pm

3rd update this morning. Let's see what happens! I'm watching for an email

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby rion91 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Lol I'm still complete 2/21.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm

For people that went UR3 or UR4 today, what are your #'s? Asking for a friend -- thanks! Good luck!

zephyr12
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zephyr12 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 pm

rion91 wrote:Lol I'm still complete 2/21.


Ugh same exact complete date over here as well. Hoping to make it through another G'town ding Friday...

Jellybean1
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jellybean1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:15 pm

How long after ur last update does a rejection email usually follow?

aserr007
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby aserr007 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:20 pm

I was asked for an in-person interview with Dean Cornblatt in Los Angeles last month but had to decline because I am currently living in Italy. Felt horrible about it and I am now on the PWL. Sent in my LOCI Monday. Hopefully good news will come my way eventually.

User avatar
femmefatale
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby femmefatale » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Finally! UR2 today since being stuck at UR1 in Feb.

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby dobie1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Had an update yesterday (the day after my interview)...and again just now (3/27). Thinking that means a decision? Checking my inbox like crazy...

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, KatCoco, Lumis and 14 guests