Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
Frozinite
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Frozinite » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Here were my timelines to hopefully instill some confidence (or fear?).

Submitted 12/20
Complete 1/3

Dead period (didn't really check status during this time, I think it said 1/20)

Interview invitation 2/26
My reply to invitation 3/1
Contacted by alum 3/7
Interview 3/13

Status Update 3/14 (assumed this was the alum uploading feedback)
Status Update 3/17 (assumed this was admissions reading the feedback)
Status Update 3/19 (assumed this was decision + letter sent)

On 3/19 (most recent status update date), I got a directed message from the Dean telling me they're not supposed to give admissions via email, but to book my flight for Open House next week if interested and RSVP as soon as I could, and that a letter was coming soon.

Status still only says "Application Complete" right now, so it seems that really means nothing.

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jdc_in_dc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:32 pm

Frozinite wrote:Here were my timelines to hopefully instill some confidence (or fear?).

Submitted 12/20
Complete 1/3

Dead period (didn't really check status during this time, I think it said 1/20)

Interview invitation 2/26
My reply to invitation 3/1
Contacted by alum 3/7
Interview 3/13

Status Update 3/14 (assumed this was the alum uploading feedback)
Status Update 3/17 (assumed this was admissions reading the feedback)
Status Update 3/19 (assumed this was decision + letter sent)

On 3/19 (most recent status update date), I got a directed message from the Dean telling me they're not supposed to give admissions via email, but to book my flight for Open House next week if interested and RSVP as soon as I could, and that a letter was coming soon.

Status still only says "Application Complete" right now, so it seems that really means nothing.



Congrats!

Can you get on via ASW?

User avatar
Frozinite
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Frozinite » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 pm

jdc_in_dc wrote:
Frozinite wrote:Here were my timelines to hopefully instill some confidence (or fear?).

Submitted 12/20
Complete 1/3

Dead period (didn't really check status during this time, I think it said 1/20)

Interview invitation 2/26
My reply to invitation 3/1
Contacted by alum 3/7
Interview 3/13

Status Update 3/14 (assumed this was the alum uploading feedback)
Status Update 3/17 (assumed this was admissions reading the feedback)
Status Update 3/19 (assumed this was decision + letter sent)

On 3/19 (most recent status update date), I got a directed message from the Dean telling me they're not supposed to give admissions via email, but to book my flight for Open House next week if interested and RSVP as soon as I could, and that a letter was coming soon.

Status still only says "Application Complete" right now, so it seems that really means nothing.



Congrats!

Can you get on via ASW?


I still can't access ASW or request a password. I guess they either haven't updated the new admits yet or they just entered my info wrong. I'll find out when I get my letter, I hope.

altthymes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby altthymes » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

tmkm wrote:Did any of you who received a status update yesterday receive another one today? Just checked and saw that it was updated to 03/21...
Interview w/ alumni (03/19)--> update (03/20) --> update (03/21)


+1 - Except I've had no interview request still. Preparing for a ding.

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jdc_in_dc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:26 pm

So I'm officially at status update #6...

Nuj
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nuj » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:32 pm

altthymes wrote:
tmkm wrote:Did any of you who received a status update yesterday receive another one today? Just checked and saw that it was updated to 03/21...
Interview w/ alumni (03/19)--> update (03/20) --> update (03/21)


+1 - Except I've had no interview request still. Preparing for a ding.


Same thing just happened to me. Also prepared for a ding.

ler2017
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ler2017 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Frozinite wrote:Here were my timelines to hopefully instill some confidence (or fear?).

Submitted 12/20
Complete 1/3

Dead period (didn't really check status during this time, I think it said 1/20)

Interview invitation 2/26
My reply to invitation 3/1
Contacted by alum 3/7
Interview 3/13

Status Update 3/14 (assumed this was the alum uploading feedback)
Status Update 3/17 (assumed this was admissions reading the feedback)
Status Update 3/19 (assumed this was decision + letter sent)

On 3/19 (most recent status update date), I got a directed message from the Dean telling me they're not supposed to give admissions via email, but to book my flight for Open House next week if interested and RSVP as soon as I could, and that a letter was coming soon.

Status still only says "Application Complete" right now, so it seems that really means nothing.


I just got the very subtle "We can't e-mail decisions but if you wanted to plan to attend our open house..." email as well! I was expecting a WL because my interviewer said a lot of students she'd interviewed had ended up waitlisted.

jdc_in_dc
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jdc_in_dc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:41 pm

ler2017 wrote:
Frozinite wrote:
On 3/19 (most recent status update date), I got a directed message from the Dean telling me they're not supposed to give admissions via email, but to book my flight for Open House next week if interested and RSVP as soon as I could, and that a letter was coming soon.

Status still only says "Application Complete" right now, so it seems that really means nothing.


I just got the very subtle "We can't e-mail decisions but if you wanted to plan to attend our open house..." email as well! I was expecting a WL because my interviewer said a lot of students she'd interviewed had ended up waitlisted.



Yay congrats Ler!!

And you updated today too right? So there is possibly still some hope! :o

tmkm
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby tmkm » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:50 pm

yay just got the admit! hope others received good news today too!

or just in case this causes any undue confusion, i received the same "subtle" e-mail. that's an admit, right? lol

yafosho
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yafosho » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm in as well, the subtle email was much appreciated, Andrew Cornblatt is clearly "the homie".

Nuj
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nuj » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:30 pm

yafosho wrote:I'm in as well, the subtle email was much appreciated, Andrew Cornblatt is clearly "the homie".


Were these emails staggered, or is it safe to assume that anyone who hasn't gotten one has been dinged/WLd?

Jellybean1
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Jellybean1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Had my group interview 3-12 with dean Cornblatt, I was under the impression that we would hear back really soon. Last status update 2-14. Not a peep since. Come on georgetown! Preparing for a ding!!!

olivejuice831
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby olivejuice831 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Any advice on what to do as far as getting off the Preferred Waitlist?? I am super new to all of this! Do you guys know if there is an example LOCI template anywhere or anything? :shock:

essyct
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby essyct » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Nuj wrote:
yafosho wrote:I'm in as well, the subtle email was much appreciated, Andrew Cornblatt is clearly "the homie".


Were these emails staggered, or is it safe to assume that anyone who hasn't gotten one has been dinged/WLd?


I received mine on 3/19, so they must be staggered.

lwschool2014
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lwschool2014 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Submitted 1/15
Complete 1/31
Complete 3/20
Complete 3/21

No interview or subtle email. Anyone else? Is it a soon to be ding?

gmjm14
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gmjm14 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:35 pm

lwschool2014 wrote:Submitted 1/15
Complete 1/31
Complete 3/20
Complete 3/21

No interview or subtle email. Anyone else? Is it a soon to be ding?


Me too

pnv2012
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pnv2012 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 pm

:cry:
Last edited by pnv2012 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:43 pm

just got a "preferred waiting list" decision

applied 2/27, no status updates until now. above both 75ths, YP im hoping?

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2830
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby haus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:46 pm

james.bungles wrote:YP im hoping?

I suspect so.

I would bet that if they felt confident you really want to be at GULC that you would get positive movement off of the WL.

altthymes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby altthymes » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:51 pm

altthymes wrote:
tmkm wrote:Did any of you who received a status update yesterday receive another one today? Just checked and saw that it was updated to 03/21...
Interview w/ alumni (03/19)--> update (03/20) --> update (03/21)


+1 - Except I've had no interview request still. Preparing for a ding.


Yep, dinged. It was a bit of a long shot, so I'm not surprised.

Congrats to all the admits!

amglanyc
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby amglanyc » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 pm

altthymes wrote:
altthymes wrote:
tmkm wrote:Did any of you who received a status update yesterday receive another one today? Just checked and saw that it was updated to 03/21...
Interview w/ alumni (03/19)--> update (03/20) --> update (03/21)


+1 - Except I've had no interview request still. Preparing for a ding.


Yep, dinged. It was a bit of a long shot, so I'm not surprised.

Congrats to all the admits!


How was this communicated to you?

altthymes
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby altthymes » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 pm

amglanyc wrote:
altthymes wrote:
altthymes wrote:
tmkm wrote:Did any of you who received a status update yesterday receive another one today? Just checked and saw that it was updated to 03/21...
Interview w/ alumni (03/19)--> update (03/20) --> update (03/21)


+1 - Except I've had no interview request still. Preparing for a ding.


Yep, dinged. It was a bit of a long shot, so I'm not surprised.

Congrats to all the admits!


How was this communicated to you?


E-mail.

VICE
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby VICE » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:46 pm

PWL via email today

Do all the Preferred Waitlist emails say that The Committee..."has placed your name in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List" ?
Does any1 have useful knowledge regarding the difference between being in the "special group" vs. the rest of the Preferred Waitlist?

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lemons » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:00 pm

congrats to all that got the not so subtle email :) and sorry to those who got a ding.. i'm still stuck at a second update at 2/26. i guess no news is better than bad news in this case?

User avatar
koval
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koval » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Status update 3/21 today after interview 03/18 and update 3/20. No subtle email and no WL/Ding email either.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, airwrecka, cyclawps, jer0689, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, pantsuitchic, sonyco, texteach and 35 guests