Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
inyoureyes89
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby inyoureyes89 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Waitlisted, non-priority. Thought I'd be rejected, so this is exciting. Anyone know the chances of getting off?

User avatar
LEPWU
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LEPWU » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:40 pm

A rejection just showed up on LSN...think it was from the past or maybe an input error (when they meant WL)?

User avatar
gobears!!
Posts: 2080
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am

Post removed.

Postby gobears!! » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by gobears!! on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jstep
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jstep » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:10 pm

SupCutie wrote:Radio silence since being held initially in December, status update today. I feel a ding incoming.


A few of us are in the same boat. I think it's a good thing; with each passing day we're closer to the 28th and if you haven't received an email by then it's because something's in the mail.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:17 pm

jstep wrote:
SupCutie wrote:Radio silence since being held initially in December, status update today. I feel a ding incoming.


A few of us are in the same boat. I think it's a good thing; with each passing day we're closer to the 28th and if you haven't received an email by then it's because something's in the mail.


What happens on the 28th?

Grant976
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Grant976 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:28 pm

SupCutie wrote:Radio silence since being held initially in December, status update today. I feel a ding incoming.


+1

Grant976
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Grant976 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Seoulless wrote:
jstep wrote:
SupCutie wrote:Radio silence since being held initially in December, status update today. I feel a ding incoming.


A few of us are in the same boat. I think it's a good thing; with each passing day we're closer to the 28th and if you haven't received an email by then it's because something's in the mail.


What happens on the 28th?


The "final decision" deadline provided to those that were held.

samblackbones
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby samblackbones » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Anyone have any trouble getting their assigned admitted student website password and username to work? Admissions sent me a username and password but they aren't working :(

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kanye West » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Got my ding today. Good luck to you guys. *dies*

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sandwich » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 pm

samblackbones wrote:Anyone have any trouble getting their assigned admitted student website password and username to work? Admissions sent me a username and password but they aren't working :(



It takes a few days. It will work! Don't worry!


Also:

Kanye West wrote:Got my ding today. Good luck to you guys. *dies*



:(

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:50 pm

When can I generate a password if admitted even if there has been no change in the status checker. My application was given a new date today. It says complete thought. What status is needed to start fooling around with this?

LSBound2017
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LSBound2017 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Held applicant with 2/4-2/6 updates. Priority wait listed today. Good luck to everyone else!

samblackbones
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby samblackbones » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Seoulless wrote:When can I generate a password if admitted even if there has been no change in the status checker. My application was given a new date today. It says complete thought. What status is needed to start fooling around with this?


I got the admit letter, but I suppose you could check and see if you go to the admitted students website, click no password, and then enter your e-mail and last name. I'm not sure what will happen but worst case nothing, and best case you get an e-mail with a default username and password (which don't yet work for me :P)
Here is the link:
http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted-students/

Good Luck!

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby sandwich » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 am

Seoulless wrote:When can I generate a password if admitted even if there has been no change in the status checker. My application was given a new date today. It says complete thought. What status is needed to start fooling around with this?


Just to give you a better idea of timeline: I had tried that a few times early in the cycle and it didn't work for me. I tried right after I had a status update and got nothing, and tried a few more times just randomly over the next 2 days, never had a password.

But then, 2 days after that last status update, I got another status update and was immediately able to request a password. It didn't work at all, and then like 3 days after that I got my admit letter, and it still didn't work. Took like 2-3 days after I got my admit letter (so like 5 days at least from my last status checker, which I assume was them admitting me) before I was able to log in, but I was able to get my password right after the status change where they must have admitted me.

Also, my status didn't change when I was admitted, just the date. There were a bunch of us admitted around the same time, and I think this timeline was true for all of us.

Hope this helps!

samblackbones
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby samblackbones » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:43 am

The admitted student website now works, and all of a sudden the start of law school doesn't seem so far off . . . .
Its all very, very real.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:33 am

Wait - so everyone who has been admitted was notified by snail mail?

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 am

How many people that were held have been admitted? So far it seems like it has been entirely dings and waitlists...

checkin2014
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby checkin2014 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:08 am

I am still at 1/31(2nd complete date).
Not feeling good about this.

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cesium » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:07 am

Seoulless wrote:Wait - so everyone who has been admitted was notified by snail mail?


Yes --- and it's a small envelope, too. My last "complete" date was a Monday; I was able to get a ASW username/password on that Wednesday, but wasn't able to log until early Friday morning, and my admittance letter arrived on Friday (postmarked Tuesday).

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:37 am

I had the weirdest dream last night that my status changed to ASB and I couldn't log onto TLS to ask what it meant. I reasoned that it meant "accepted student brochure" and that I would be getting something in the mail.

User avatar
LEPWU
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LEPWU » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:12 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:How many people that were held have been admitted? So far it seems like it has been entirely dings and waitlists...


It's very possible that I missed something, but I do not know of any held people having been admitted so far.

catchmeifucan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby catchmeifucan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Held since December. Reverse splitter with only one update since Dec. on 2/21...

LSBound2017
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LSBound2017 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:14 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:Held since December. Reverse splitter with only one update since Dec. on 2/21...


Historically (looking back on a few years worth of applications), it seems like the admitted held applicants are notified last...so if you haven't heard yet, it may be good news.

catchmeifucan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby catchmeifucan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:37 pm

LSBound2017 wrote:
catchmeifucan wrote:Held since December. Reverse splitter with only one update since Dec. on 2/21...


Historically (looking back on a few years worth of applications), it seems like the admitted held applicants are notified last...so if you haven't heard yet, it may be good news.


I hope so...am getting so nervous. Even a WL would be nice but after months of waiting I would die with a flat out rejection :/

Cml264
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Cml264 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Is anyone stuck on application completed date change no. 2 since 2/12? Submitted 2/1.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”