Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
Black_Swan
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Black_Swan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:25 pm

doctorpepper wrote:
SparkyZZZ wrote:
doctorpepper wrote:How long does it normally take between interview request and your interviewer contacting you? I got an invite 1/28 and have heard nothing since.


For me, it only took two days for my interviewer to contact me. For other people, I have seen two weeks+. This is entirely dependent on the alum and shouldn't be any indication of G'town's interest in you.


Makes sense, thank you. I'm just getting a bit nervous since I'm coming up on three weeks. Guess we just gotta stay patient.


I would call and inquire if past two weeks.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?

User avatar
yossarian
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby yossarian » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am

JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


1/7 complete brother with no date changes or anything.

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby angels2fly » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 am

yossarian71 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


1/7 complete brother with no date changes or anything.


+1 but 1/6

User avatar
bryanjbay12
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bryanjbay12 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:05 am

JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


I have one. Had my interview on the 10th, hoping for a letter in the mail this week.

User avatar
Black_Swan
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Black_Swan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 am

Is there a script for the Alumni interview? Could some folks here share their experience? PM me if you want to remain anonymous. Thanks

User avatar
bryanjbay12
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bryanjbay12 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 am

Black_Swan wrote:Is there a script for the Alumni interview? Could some folks here share their experience? PM me if you want to remain anonymous. Thanks


Had mine last Monday over the phone. Basically know "why law?" and "why Georgetown?" and have a bunch of questions ready. I spent about 5 minutes talking and the rest was spent asking questions/listening.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 am

bryanjbay12 wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:Is there a script for the Alumni interview? Could some folks here share their experience? PM me if you want to remain anonymous. Thanks


Had mine last Monday over the phone. Basically know "why law?" and "why Georgetown?" and have a bunch of questions ready. I spent about 5 minutes talking and the rest was spent asking questions/listening.


Mine was the complete opposite of this. It was 45 minutes. I met the guy at a coffee shop and he asked one question and it was basically phrased for me to tell my whole life story and then he just let me talk while he typed. Occasionally I had to stop talking while he caught up. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life.

User avatar
PhenomenalWoman
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby PhenomenalWoman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am

JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


I completed 2/12 and had a second complete on 2/14. It looks like most people had around 4 completes before a decision

User avatar
koval
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koval » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:46 am

How many date changes are normal before the interview request? Is the general consensus 2?

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby capt_slow » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:55 am

dcruss wrote:How many date changes are normal before the interview request? Is the general consensus 2?


Yes two seems to be the general consensus, however, some have had interview requests after their third or forth update HTH.

desichhori
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby desichhori » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 pm

angels2fly wrote:
yossarian71 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


1/7 complete brother with no date changes or anything.


+1 but 1/6


1/13 no change, says "application completed" whatever that means at this point

User avatar
graybee08
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:59 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby graybee08 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm

JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


Same date. No decision

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lightworks » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:18 pm

yossarian71 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


1/7 complete brother with no date changes or anything.

+1

CJ2017
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CJ2017 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:13 pm

graybee08 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


Same date. No decision


+1

mec246
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mec246 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Any other held applicants stuck on 12/17 "Application Completed" (no USA country of citizenship)?

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JRO1989 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:20 pm

I can't find the email they sent, they guaranteed us held applicants a response by end of Feb, right?

LSBound2017
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LSBound2017 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:27 pm

JRO1989 wrote:I can't find the email they sent, they guaranteed us held applicants a response by end of Feb, right?


Yep. I believe it said the decision would be sent by February 28th, so I guess it could theoretically come a couple of days into March if they mail letters on the 28th.

olivejuice831
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby olivejuice831 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Submitted ED 1/25ish...past the 3 weeks mark now and still "Application Completed" at 2/6 (2nd complete)


No interview request or anything ahhh

mickey_mouse
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mickey_mouse » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Here's the exact wording from the held email:

"Once we have a better sense of the entire applicant pool, the Committee on Admissions will review your application again. No additional information is necessary, and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) will continue to send us updates, which we will add to your file. A final decision will be made no later than Friday, February 28, 2014. "

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JRO1989 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:Here's the exact wording from the held email:

"Once we have a better sense of the entire applicant pool, the Committee on Admissions will review your application again. No additional information is necessary, and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) will continue to send us updates, which we will add to your file. A final decision will be made no later than Friday, February 28, 2014. "


Coool

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby capt_slow » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:50 pm

olivejuice831 wrote:Submitted ED 1/25ish...past the 3 weeks mark now and still "Application Completed" at 2/6 (2nd complete)


No interview request or anything ahhh


I am in the exact same position except for my 2nd complete being a few days prior to yours. My status is also "Application Completed"

Not sure what to take away from that, but only time will tell.

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby angels2fly » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 am

finally got my second complete!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 am

CJ2017 wrote:
graybee08 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Anyone out here have a 2/12 complete? Any get a decision?


Same date. No decision


+1

Today is definitely the day. I feel it in my bones!

ETA: another complete today!

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:13 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, amberb94, ashrice13, Google [Bot], Jgats, liuwenyu, mmengden, mudiverse, okf731, potterotter, tinafeyclone and 17 guests