Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:12 pm

str8yolked wrote:Anyone applied in Nov and still waiting for a decision? Interviewed in Dec, should I consider myself held or wait listed at this point?



That is really odd that you were never officially held...

Hmmm.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:41 pm

So interviews are almost always for candidates they arent sure about?

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Seoulless wrote:So interviews are almost always for candidates they arent sure about?

Define "not sure"?
I think it may or may not depend on alumni or group.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:50 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Seoulless wrote:So interviews are almost always for candidates they arent sure about?

Define "not sure"?
I think it may or may not depend on alumni or group.


Borderline candidates or possibly yp. Got invited for the DC group interview. Number wise I am very competitive. I did not write a why gtown. Their website says the group interview is for candidates they want to know more about before making a decision. That doesn't sound good.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Seoulless wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Seoulless wrote:So interviews are almost always for candidates they arent sure about?

Define "not sure"?
I think it may or may not depend on alumni or group.


Borderline candidates or possibly yp. Got invited for the DC group interview. Number wise I am very competitive. I did not write a why gtown. Their website says the group interview is for candidates they want to know more about before making a decision. That doesn't sound good.

It's better than you think it is I will say that

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:25 pm

checkin2014 wrote:
anna8506 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:congrats to all the new admits!! im hanging out at UR2 1/30 with no peep from them... oh well.

Same here except my UR2 is 1/31... Hope is dwindling slowly.

+1
UR2 1/31 here.
Did you get an interview?

Nope and got a third complete today.. Feel like dinged

User avatar
uncreative
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby uncreative » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Just got my letter in the mail - I'm in! Gpa < 25 / lsat > 75 - last update 2/10 no interview.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:32 pm

uncreative wrote:Just got my letter in the mail - I'm in! Same stats and dates as the previous few posts.

Congrats!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Has anyone residing in the Midwest been interviewed? I had three completes so far (1/16, 1/31, 2/14) without any news... How many completes do they normally have before WL or Ding?

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 pm

anna8506 wrote:Has anyone residing in the Midwest been interviewed? I had three completes so far (1/16, 1/31, 2/14) without any news... How many completes do they normally have before WL or Ding?


I am living in the Midwest and was interviewed, but I applied much earlier. I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you; with all of the weather they have been dealing with, they are at least 5 days behind schedule.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cannibal ox » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm in the midwest and did an alumni interview.

Submitted 11/18
Complete 11/22, 11/26, 12/6, 1/27, 1/28
Interview Request 12/6
Interview 1/20

No decision yet.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:29 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:
anna8506 wrote:Has anyone residing in the Midwest been interviewed? I had three completes so far (1/16, 1/31, 2/14) without any news... How many completes do they normally have before WL or Ding?


I am living in the Midwest and was interviewed, but I applied much earlier. I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you; with all of the weather they have been dealing with, they are at least 5 days behind schedule.

Thank you! I feel much better :)

User avatar
doctorpepper
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby doctorpepper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 pm

How long does it normally take between interview request and your interviewer contacting you? I got an invite 1/28 and have heard nothing since.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 pm

cannibal ox wrote:I'm in the midwest and did an alumni interview.

Submitted 11/18
Complete 11/22, 11/26, 12/6, 1/27, 1/28
Interview Request 12/6
Interview 1/20

No decision yet.

Thanks for your info. Let's be patient I guess.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:37 pm

doctorpepper wrote:How long does it normally take between interview request and your interviewer contacting you? I got an invite 1/28 and have heard nothing since.


For me, it only took two days for my interviewer to contact me. For other people, I have seen two weeks+. This is entirely dependent on the alum and shouldn't be any indication of G'town's interest in you.

User avatar
doctorpepper
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby doctorpepper » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:41 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:
doctorpepper wrote:How long does it normally take between interview request and your interviewer contacting you? I got an invite 1/28 and have heard nothing since.


For me, it only took two days for my interviewer to contact me. For other people, I have seen two weeks+. This is entirely dependent on the alum and shouldn't be any indication of G'town's interest in you.


Makes sense, thank you. I'm just getting a bit nervous since I'm coming up on three weeks. Guess we just gotta stay patient.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chizzy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:24 pm

did anyones status checker change from "complete' to 'application completed?" i wanted to know if it had anything to do with decisions.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:58 pm

chizzy wrote:did anyones status checker change from "complete' to 'application completed?" i wanted to know if it had anything to do with decisions.



I think mine changed from "complete" to "application completed" as well, not sure of the difference.

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cesium » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:33 pm

chizzy wrote:did anyones status checker change from "complete' to 'application completed?" i wanted to know if it had anything to do with decisions.


Yup, mine did, and I received the acceptance letter in the mail today (postmarked 2/10, same as my last complete date).

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cesium » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 pm

cesium wrote:I'm in via ASW! I was able to request a username/password two days ago (Wednesday), but they didn't work until now.

Submitted: Fri 1/17
Received: Wed 1/22
Complete 1: Wed 1/22
Complete 2: Thu 1/30
Complete 3: Thu 2/06
Complete 4: Mon 2/10
Able to Get ASW Username/Password: Wed 2/12
Able to Log in to ASW: Fri 2/14

Median LSAT & >75% GPA, with unique softs. They did not ask me to interview.


Follow-Up: I'm officially in! I received my acceptance letter (small envelope!) in the mail today. It's postmarked 2/10, same day as my last complete date. I also believe my status changed from "Complete" to "Application Completed" today, but I didn't pay close enough attention to be sure.

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:39 pm

cesium wrote:
cesium wrote:I'm in via ASW! I was able to request a username/password two days ago (Wednesday), but they didn't work until now.

Submitted: Fri 1/17
Received: Wed 1/22
Complete 1: Wed 1/22
Complete 2: Thu 1/30
Complete 3: Thu 2/06
Complete 4: Mon 2/10
Able to Get ASW Username/Password: Wed 2/12
Able to Log in to ASW: Fri 2/14

Median LSAT & >75% GPA, with unique softs. They did not ask me to interview.


Follow-Up: I'm officially in! I received my acceptance letter (small envelope!) in the mail today. It's postmarked 2/10, same day as my last complete date. I also believe my status changed from "Complete" to "Application Completed" today, but I didn't pay close enough attention to be sure.

Congrats!

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Hmm. I noticed the "application completed" as well. i feel like it changed yesterday or weds. No date change. Can't get into ASW. Not feeling so optimistic...

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chizzy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:57 pm

wealtheow wrote:Hmm. I noticed the "application completed" as well. i feel like it changed yesterday or weds. No date change. Can't get into ASW. Not feeling so optimistic...


Its seems like another round of decisions.

Also do they do dings my email?

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:17 am

chizzy wrote:
wealtheow wrote:Hmm. I noticed the "application completed" as well. i feel like it changed yesterday or weds. No date change. Can't get into ASW. Not feeling so optimistic...


Its seems like another round of decisions.

Also do they do dings my email?


Actually I think we are maybe being crazy. Earlier posts indicate it has always been that phrasing. Too many status checkers to keep track of...

Also, dings are email, I think.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 am

JustHawkin wrote:
Seoulless wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Seoulless wrote:So interviews are almost always for candidates they arent sure about?

Define "not sure"?
I think it may or may not depend on alumni or group.


Borderline candidates or possibly yp. Got invited for the DC group interview. Number wise I am very competitive. I did not write a why gtown. Their website says the group interview is for candidates they want to know more about before making a decision. That doesn't sound good.

It's better than you think it is I will say that



Say More!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests