Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

LawSchoolOrNah
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolOrNah » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:32 am

Accepted via ASW! Submitted 1/16

User avatar
uncreative
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby uncreative » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 am

Able to get a password (but not login) to asw. Last complete was the 10th. Hoping for the best but trying not to jinx anything. Going away for a week Saturday so hoping I get a letter before then.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 am

congrats to all the new admits!! im hanging out at UR2 1/30 with no peep from them... oh well.

User avatar
D2142
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby D2142 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 am

JustHawkin wrote:Complete #3 today. Not able to log in to ASW.



I had a status update also. Received email with with login info 1/29, update 2/3 and another update 2/12. Have heard nothing so far. This is a stretch school for me so I applied Binding Decision.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bombaysippin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:38 am

When people trying to log in through asw is it the same login/pass as status checkers or is it something people try to request to see if a decision has been made? If the latter, could someone point me in the direction of where? Much appreciated thanks!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:41 am

wealtheow wrote:congrats to all the new admits!! im hanging out at UR2 1/30 with no peep from them... oh well.

Bet you get an interview request within a week.

runner7654
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby runner7654 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:45 am

still sittin at 1/24...sigh

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am

JustHawkin wrote:
wealtheow wrote:congrats to all the new admits!! im hanging out at UR2 1/30 with no peep from them... oh well.

Bet you get an interview request within a week.


hmm. well, turned out you WERE right about nyu... i better trust what you tell me. haha.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Well, my guess is that the admissions office is going to be closed today and tomorrow because of the snow. I assume we will see a flurry of activity next week.

CJ2017
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CJ2017 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 pm

My status went from 1/13 to 2/12 late yesterday. I had an interview 2/1. Anyone have any guesses of when I should be hearing something? I tried looking back through the thread but it's so long that it was difficult to find posts discussing interviews and number of completes post interview before a response. Thanks!

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:20 pm

CJ2017 wrote:My status went from 1/13 to 2/12 late yesterday. I had an interview 2/1. Anyone have any guesses of when I should be hearing something? I tried looking back through the thread but it's so long that it was difficult to find posts discussing interviews and number of completes post interview before a response. Thanks!



I guess the good news for you is that you are late enough in the cycle that they won't bother holding you. You are either going to get admitted or held off the bat at this point. So at least that's a plus.

My status changed a couple of days after my terrible interview, so maybe the fact that yours changed 10+ days after is a good sign.

CJ2017
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby CJ2017 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm

SparkyZZZ wrote:
CJ2017 wrote:My status went from 1/13 to 2/12 late yesterday. I had an interview 2/1. Anyone have any guesses of when I should be hearing something? I tried looking back through the thread but it's so long that it was difficult to find posts discussing interviews and number of completes post interview before a response. Thanks!



I guess the good news for you is that you are late enough in the cycle that they won't bother holding you. You are either going to get admitted or held off the bat at this point. So at least that's a plus.

My status changed a couple of days after my terrible interview, so maybe the fact that yours changed 10+ days after is a good sign.


Thanks for the response. Definitely helpful. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that I don't get an email!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:54 pm

wealtheow wrote:congrats to all the new admits!! im hanging out at UR2 1/30 with no peep from them... oh well.

Same here except my UR2 is 1/31... Hope is dwindling slowly.

JRO1989
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JRO1989 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Any 2/4-2/5-2/6 people hear anything yet?

User avatar
Lightworks
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Lightworks » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Still sitting on UR1 - 1/6

LSAT > 75th, GPA > 25th

WTH?

j-select
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby j-select » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

pr
Last edited by j-select on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby str8yolked » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Lightworks wrote:Still sitting on UR1 - 1/6

LSAT > 75th, GPA > 25th

WTH?


I'm still at 1/2 and starting to become worried.

checkin2014
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby checkin2014 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:29 am

anna8506 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:congrats to all the new admits!! im hanging out at UR2 1/30 with no peep from them... oh well.

Same here except my UR2 is 1/31... Hope is dwindling slowly.

+1
UR2 1/31 here.
Did you get an interview?

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cesium » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:32 am

I'm in via ASW! I was able to request a username/password two days ago (Wednesday), but they didn't work until now.

Submitted: Fri 1/17
Received: Wed 1/22
Complete 1: Wed 1/22
Complete 2: Thu 1/30
Complete 3: Thu 2/06
Complete 4: Mon 2/10
Able to Get ASW Username/Password: Wed 2/12
Able to Log in to ASW: Fri 2/14

Median LSAT & >75% GPA, with unique softs. They did not ask me to interview.

User avatar
cactusflower
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cactusflower » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 am

cesium wrote:I'm in via ASW! I was able to request a username/password two days ago (Wednesday), but they didn't work until now.

Submitted: Fri 1/17
Received: Wed 1/22
Complete 1: Wed 1/22
Complete 2: Thu 1/30
Complete 3: Thu 2/06
Complete 4: Mon 2/10
Able to Get ASW Username/Password: Wed 2/12
Able to Log in to ASW: Fri 2/14

Median LSAT & >75% GPA, with unique softs. They did not ask me to interview.


+1!!!!! Also was able to request username/password late Wednesday and just got them to work in the last hour.

>75 LSAT & <25 GPA, no interview, unique-ish (i think :D ) softs
Last edited by cactusflower on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Got the letter in the mail today. LOL almost threw it in the trash thinking it was just another TTT envelope.

User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby albs18 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:41 pm

China Spy wrote:Got the letter in the mail today. LOL almost threw it in the trash thinking it was just another TTT envelope.


Congrats!!

When was your last update and when was the letter dated?

User avatar
gma221
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby gma221 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Had my interview today! I think it went really well. It was a fairly casual conversation, as others have reported. My interviewer was super, super nice. I kinda felt like she wanted to take me under her wing and fly away with me into Georgetown Happy Land.

str8yolked
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby str8yolked » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Anyone applied in Nov and still waiting for a decision? Interviewed in Dec, should I consider myself held or wait listed at this point?

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby China Spy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:53 pm

albs18 wrote:
China Spy wrote:Got the letter in the mail today. LOL almost threw it in the trash thinking it was just another TTT envelope.


Congrats!!

When was your last update and when was the letter dated?


Last update was 2/10 which is the same date on the letter.

ETA: Admitted w/o an interview.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Baby Gaga, lillawyer2, Long shot hero and 13 guests