Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am

Haven't heard anything yet, and my #s aren't as good as some of the people here getting WL'ed. I'm guessing that isn't a good sign.

:cry:

User avatar
chriskel
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chriskel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:17 pm

bostonbrewer wrote:Haven't heard anything yet, and my #s aren't as good as some of the people here getting WL'ed. I'm guessing that isn't a good sign.

:cry:

I'm with you Bostonbrewer! I see some dings on LSN, but I've yet to hear a word from GULC :?

User avatar
MrMileyCyrus
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm

How many post-interview completes are the norm? Since my interview, my date keeps changing, but with no decision/ASW password.

bostonbrewer
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby bostonbrewer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 pm

chriskel wrote:
bostonbrewer wrote:Haven't heard anything yet, and my #s aren't as good as some of the people here getting WL'ed. I'm guessing that isn't a good sign.

:cry:

I'm with you Bostonbrewer! I see some dings on LSN, but I've yet to hear a word from GULC :?

I don't get it. If they were going to ding me, I'd prefer they just get it over with (and if they're putting people with better #s on the WL, an acceptance seems like a fairly remote possibility considering I'm not a URM and don't have mind-blowing softs)

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:34 pm

MrMileyCyrus wrote:How many post-interview completes are the norm? Since my interview, my date keeps changing, but with no decision/ASW password.


I just got my second post-interview date change.

User avatar
Gungnir
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Gungnir » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:34 pm

midwest17 wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:How many post-interview completes are the norm? Since my interview, my date keeps changing, but with no decision/ASW password.


I just got my second post-interview date change.


+1

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2921
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:45 pm

I have had 2 updates since my interview, but yet to have a decision.

LawSchoolHopeful5
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby LawSchoolHopeful5 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Haven't had an update since 11/18 complete. Got held sometime in December. >75 GPA and >25 LSAT. Starting to think GULC is giving me the silent treatment.

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 pm

LawSchoolHopeful5 wrote:Haven't had an update since 11/18 complete. Got held sometime in December. >75 GPA and >25 LSAT. Starting to think GULC is giving me the silent treatment.


Let's just hope the February test takers don't do better than us. ;)

Regardless, I still think the original "held" people from Nov/Dec will all know by Feb 15-20.

User avatar
Dee32
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Dee32 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Got a group interview offer earlier today for Feb. 11th in NYC. Anyone else?

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Dee32 wrote:Got a group interview offer earlier today for Feb. 11th in NYC. Anyone else?

+1

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Status update #2 today, but no interview request... :/

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm

wealtheow wrote:Status update #2 today, but no interview request... :/

Took me just about 2 weeks. Wait your turn, unicorn.

:lol:

Did you put a preferred location?

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:05 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
wealtheow wrote:Status update #2 today, but no interview request... :/

Took me just about 2 weeks. Wait your turn, unicorn.

:lol:

Did you put a preferred location?


I ... don't know? Haha.
I'll calm down. I've just got autodingphobia.

User avatar
Glasseyes
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Glasseyes » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:06 pm

In by mail!

Goddamn, was not expecting that at all given my numbers - just under 25th percentile GPA, LSAT at the median. Keep up hope, friends!

User avatar
esrom55
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby esrom55 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 pm

Glasseyes wrote:In by mail!

Goddamn, was not expecting that at all given my numbers - just under 25th percentile GPA, LSAT at the median. Keep up hope, friends!


Congrats!!

SparkyZZZ
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby SparkyZZZ » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:51 pm

Glasseyes wrote:In by mail!

Goddamn, was not expecting that at all given my numbers - just under 25th percentile GPA, LSAT at the median. Keep up hope, friends!



Congrats! Any chance you were one of the applicants held in nov or dec?

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Edit: Maybe I was too hasty. I was able to successfully request login info for the ASW but it doesn't actually work (yet?).

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby outlawscr10 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 pm

fkt18 wrote:Edit: Maybe I was too hasty. I was able to successfully request login info for the ASW but it doesn't actually work (yet?).


It takes 4 days to login following being accepted, or something. I was able to get a password last Thursday, logged in on Monday but still no letter yet. :(

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:01 pm

outlawscr10 wrote:
fkt18 wrote:Edit: Maybe I was too hasty. I was able to successfully request login info for the ASW but it doesn't actually work (yet?).


It takes 4 days to login following being accepted, or something. I was able to get a password last Thursday, logged in on Monday but still no letter yet. :(


Ah, got it. I haven't been officially accepted or anything, so I'll give it a few more days before I get excited about a (potential) acceptance! Maybe being emailed the login info was a fluke.

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby outlawscr10 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:03 pm

fkt18 wrote:
outlawscr10 wrote:
fkt18 wrote:Edit: Maybe I was too hasty. I was able to successfully request login info for the ASW but it doesn't actually work (yet?).


It takes 4 days to login following being accepted, or something. I was able to get a password last Thursday, logged in on Monday but still no letter yet. :(


Ah, got it. I haven't been officially accepted or anything, so I'll give it a few more days before I get excited about a (potential) acceptance! Maybe being emailed the login info was a fluke.


Everyone who has been able to get a username/pw has been accepted. I'm not celebrating either though; I've been camping out by my mailbox.

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Slytherpuff » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 pm

outlawscr10 wrote:Everyone who has been able to get a username/pw has been accepted. I'm not celebrating either though; I've been camping out by my mailbox.


Preemptive congrats to us both then! Seriously hoping my letter doesn't get lost in a pile of junk mail now...

User avatar
action90
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby action90 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Dee32 wrote:Got a group interview offer earlier today for Feb. 11th in NYC. Anyone else?

+1


+1

burtmacklin
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby burtmacklin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:36 pm

action90 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Dee32 wrote:Got a group interview offer earlier today for Feb. 11th in NYC. Anyone else?

+1


+1

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Are all of you doing the Feb 11th interview from the city, or traveling to?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neptunian, PDX4343 and 5 guests