Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm

wtrc wrote:Update from smiley face post earlier- ASW didn't work for me yesterday, I got the letter last night, it works for me today as of 2 PM. Been waiting on GULC for a long time since my interview over 2 months ago, so really happy about this. Thanks all for putting up with my annoyingness about the long wait. Good luck to all still waiting!


Very happy to read this. Congrats!

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Got complete (1/23) and (1/24). Is this the second complete?

mraemorris
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mraemorris » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:22 pm

scotth724 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:"Scotty doesn't know,
That Georgetown has,
Accepted him via ED.
But they're waiting 'til,
The very last day,
To send out the admissions packet,
And Scotty doesn't know!!!"

Yup, going to be a long Friday...

<3 you are the best.


I've had this song stuck in my head all day now! :P Good luck!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:27 pm

mraemorris wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:"Scotty doesn't know,
That Georgetown has,
Accepted him via ED.
But they're waiting 'til,
The very last day,
To send out the admissions packet,
And Scotty doesn't know!!!"

Yup, going to be a long Friday...

<3 you are the best.


I've had this song stuck in my head all day now! :P Good luck!

When that movie came out I literally watched it ~50-60 times, so good at the time. Some adcomm is going to get it stuck in his/her head and when looking over scotty's file, *autoadmit*.

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby groovy20 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Is Dean Cornblatt's email to a recommender a new policy because I don't remember any of mine receiving any last year?

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby outlawscr10 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 pm

groovy20 wrote:Is Dean Cornblatt's email to a recommender a new policy because I don't remember any of mine receiving any last year?


Has that happened?

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby groovy20 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:02 pm

outlawscr10 wrote:
groovy20 wrote:Is Dean Cornblatt's email to a recommender a new policy because I don't remember any of mine receiving any last year?


Has that happened?



Yes, one of my recommenders just received it. I am assuming it is generic though, especially since it was sent through the admissions email on his behalf.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:05 pm

groovy20 wrote:
outlawscr10 wrote:
groovy20 wrote:Is Dean Cornblatt's email to a recommender a new policy because I don't remember any of mine receiving any last year?


Has that happened?



Yes, one of my recommenders just received it. I am assuming it is generic though, especially since it was sent through the admissions email on his behalf.


Details?

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

groovy20
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby groovy20 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:35 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:
groovy20 wrote:Is Dean Cornblatt's email to a recommender a new policy because I don't remember any of mine receiving any last year?


Umm...what email? What does it say? Like, following up re: their recommendation or to let them know that GULC admitted you?


Not in reference to being admitted. It basically said thanks for your letter of recommendation . . . it is vital to the review process etc. Nothing significant.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby politics89 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:35 pm

My recommender forwarded me his:

Dear Recommender,

Thank you for submitting a recommendation to Georgetown Law on behalf
of NAME. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share
your thoughts on NAME with our Admissions Committee.

Each admissions cycle, Georgetown Law typically receives more
applications than any other law school in the country. Our Committee
depends upon recommendations to help us get to know who each unique
applicant is behind the application. Consequently, your first-hand
input is critical in helping our Committee make the difficult
decisions we face as we try to assemble our class. Thank you again
for your insight and for participating in our admissions process.

With gratitude and best regards,

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Associate Vice President for Graduate Admissions and Enrollment

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm still waiting... This is no fun :(

mraemorris
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mraemorris » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:46 pm

scotth724 wrote:I'm still waiting... This is no fun :(


Me too... let's have a pity party! Or more accurately, a panic party... :/

GW got back to me in a week and really spoiled me.

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby John Everyman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:48 pm

mraemorris wrote:
scotth724 wrote:I'm still waiting... This is no fun :(


Me too... let's have a pity party! Or more accurately, a panic party... :/

GW got back to me in a week and really spoiled me.


Hah, exact same boat. Minnesota was pretty kind as well.

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby outlawscr10 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Was able to get a username/password. O_O Anyone got one of these that was later waitlisted/held/denied?

zlatanlaw
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zlatanlaw » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:05 pm

outlawscr10 wrote:Was able to get a username/password. O_O Anyone got one of these that was later waitlisted/held/denied?

I don't think so. I think that means you're in. Congrats if that's the case! Mind sharing your stats as well as your status updates?
Last edited by zlatanlaw on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:06 pm

outlawscr10 wrote:Was able to get a username/password. O_O Anyone got one of these that was later waitlisted/held/denied?

Congrats! And yea looking ITT it looks like you're in :)

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby outlawscr10 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm

I'll stand by the mailbox with bated breath. Don't wanna celebrate prematurely. PM for stats and dates!

Edit: PM'd you, zlatanlaw.

User avatar
snakebomb
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby snakebomb » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Checking in. Applied PT & ED. Completed on 9 January. Hope to hear from GULC next week.

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby John Everyman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Welcome Snake. See you are a bit DC focused.

User avatar
snakebomb
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby snakebomb » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:30 pm

John Everyman wrote:Welcome Snake. See you are a bit DC focused.

Thanks! Yes, I work in DC. Applied to PT programs only.

BK0106
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BK0106 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 pm

scotth724 wrote:
outlawscr10 wrote:Was able to get a username/password. O_O Anyone got one of these that was later waitlisted/held/denied?

Congrats! And yea looking ITT it looks like you're in :)


Scotty, have you heard anything from school?
I'm an ED applicant and next monday would be the 21st day since my application. :cry:
Thanks!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 pm

BK0106 wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
outlawscr10 wrote:Was able to get a username/password. O_O Anyone got one of these that was later waitlisted/held/denied?

Congrats! And yea looking ITT it looks like you're in :)


Scotty, have you heard anything from school?
I'm an ED applicant and next monday would be the 21st day since my application. :cry:
Thanks!

Hey, nope no update today, no email, no mail. Praying to have a surprise letter tomorrow, but yea otherwise I'm just chillin... Good luck though, I'll post in the thread when I hear!

xmbeckham
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby xmbeckham » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Had an alumni interview on 1/22 over Skype. PM me if anyone is interested in learning more about it.

BK0106
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BK0106 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:52 pm

scotth724 wrote:
BK0106 wrote:
scotth724 wrote:
outlawscr10 wrote:Was able to get a username/password. O_O Anyone got one of these that was later waitlisted/held/denied?

Congrats! And yea looking ITT it looks like you're in :)


Scotty, have you heard anything from school?
I'm an ED applicant and next monday would be the 21st day since my application. :cry:
Thanks!

Hey, nope no update today, no email, no mail. Praying to have a surprise letter tomorrow, but yea otherwise I'm just chillin... Good luck though, I'll post in the thread when I hear!



Thanks so much! Good luck to both of us!!! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, Zoe107 and 4 guests