Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wealtheow » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 pm

I just applied this morning. I thought it was automated too, but they seemed to be requested at all different times (my Cornell one has been sitting out there unrequested for hours). Perhaps the schools just have processes set up to run certain times of the day.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:57 pm

wealtheow wrote:I just applied this morning. I thought it was automated too, but they seemed to be requested at all different times (my Cornell one has been sitting out there unrequested for hours). Perhaps the schools just have processes set up to run certain times of the day.

Yea I'm confused now that you bring this up. I applied the day before NYE and it wasn't requested for a couple of days at least because of the holiday/weekend.

kcdc1
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kcdc1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Woot!

In via snail mail. Interview 1/15, acceptance postmarked 1/17.

I live in the DC area and it would be tricky to move, so Georgetown is a top choice for me.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm

kcdc1 wrote:Woot!

In via snail mail. Interview 1/15, acceptance postmarked 1/17.

I live in the DC area and it would be tricky to move, so Georgetown is a top choice for me.

Congrats! I'm guessing your last date change was the 17th then?

kcdc1
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kcdc1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Correct. Status change 1/16 after interview and then another 1/17 when the letter went out.

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kenwash » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 pm

kcdc1 wrote:Woot!

In via snail mail. Interview 1/15, acceptance postmarked 1/17.

I live in the DC area and it would be tricky to move, so Georgetown is a top choice for me.

Congrats!!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Checked my mail and IN!!! West coast so it took the 1/15 postmarked letter a while to get here.
Complete 11/1
Alumni interview 1/10

Very excited!! :D :D

EEguy5
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EEguy5 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 pm

EEguy5 wrote:Finally able to get a password! I've gathered this is a good sign.

Above 75th LSAT, below 25th GPA
Submitted mid november
interview 1/10
status updates 1/13, 1/14, 1/15
able to get password 1/18


In via snail mail today! I was worried about not getting a password on 1/13, because others that interviewed on 1/10 were able to get one that day, but it still worked out!

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 pm

emmybee wrote:Checked my mail and IN!!! West coast so it took the 1/15 postmarked letter a while to get here.
Complete 11/1
Alumni interview 1/10

Very excited!! :D :D

Congrats Emmy! First UVA, now GULC, you're on a roll!

And congrats to all the other new admits, as well!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

kershka wrote:
emmybee wrote:Checked my mail and IN!!! West coast so it took the 1/15 postmarked letter a while to get here.
Complete 11/1
Alumni interview 1/10

Very excited!! :D :D

Congrats Emmy! First UVA, now GULC, you're on a roll!

And congrats to all the other new admits, as well!


Thanks Kershka, YOU are on a roll! Chicago today! Amazing :)

User avatar
chneyo
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chneyo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

...
Last edited by chneyo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 pm

chneyo wrote:
emmybee wrote:Checked my mail and IN!!! West coast so it took the 1/15 postmarked letter a while to get here.
Complete 11/1
Alumni interview 1/10

Very excited!! :D :D


YAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYY!!! Congrats!!!


Awwww you and Kershka are so sweet! Thanks for the love :)

User avatar
jasper09
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby jasper09 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 pm

In as well! Congrats to everybody else who found out today too!

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby emmybee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 pm

jasper09 wrote:In as well! Congrats to everybody else who found out today too!


Congrats!!! :D

User avatar
nmic
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nmic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Delayed Opening
The Law Center will open at 11:00 am on Wednesday, January 22, 2014, with liberal leave in effect. The Law Library will open at 11:00 am. All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees are expected to report to work by 11:00 am. Employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances.

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:04 am

Congrats to all the recent admits! :D

apartius
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:04 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby apartius » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:16 am

Are there status updates for ED application after complete?

User avatar
John Everyman
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby John Everyman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 pm

apartius wrote:Are there status updates for ED application after complete?


I would also like to know this.

lawskewl13
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawskewl13 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:05 pm

John Everyman wrote:
apartius wrote:Are there status updates for ED application after complete?


I would also like to know this.


I applied ED and had the initial complete then one date change on the day I received my decision. Hope this helps!

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:05 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
scotth724 wrote:Looking online it says that classes are cancelled for today, so I wonder if the admissions office is closed as well.


I never realized, until this year when I started paying attention to GULC and DC, how frequently it closes/shuts down for weather. I would have figured they were fairly used to snow during the winter, or at least fully equipped to deal with it, it being our nation's capital and all.


The collective freakout in the mid-atlantic for snow amazes me. They've canceled schools multiple times in the past few years based on forecasts that never came true. I get when that happens in places like North Carolina, but in the DMV? Come on.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby wtrc » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:10 pm

I applied 11/8, had an interview within that week, still haven't heard anything. Other than a request for another interview, but that was a mistake.

:?

User avatar
Ambi-Turner
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Ambi-Turner » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:12 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
scotth724 wrote:Looking online it says that classes are cancelled for today, so I wonder if the admissions office is closed as well.


I never realized, until this year when I started paying attention to GULC and DC, how frequently it closes/shuts down for weather. I would have figured they were fairly used to snow during the winter, or at least fully equipped to deal with it, it being our nation's capital and all.


The collective freakout in the mid-atlantic for snow amazes me. They've canceled schools multiple times in the past few years based on forecasts that never came true. I get when that happens in places like North Carolina, but in the DMV? Come on.

The public schools are closed today and the majority of the roads in the city still aren't plowed, and almost none of the sidewalks are shoveled. It stopped snowing last night around 10. It's unreal.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:45 pm

lawskewl13 wrote:
John Everyman wrote:
apartius wrote:Are there status updates for ED application after complete?


I would also like to know this.


I applied ED and had the initial complete then one date change on the day I received my decision. Hope this helps!

I've had 3 date changes including the initial complete, and this Friday should be the last day of the 3 week timeline :shock:

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby koalacity » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:00 pm

wtrc wrote:I applied 11/8, had an interview within that week, still haven't heard anything. Other than a request for another interview, but that was a mistake.

:?

Oh, man. And here I thought Georgetown had lost my application...

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pompoms » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

wtrc wrote:I applied 11/8, had an interview within that week, still haven't heard anything. Other than a request for another interview, but that was a mistake.

:?


Still in the same boat with wtrc - applied 11/1 and interview was 11/20. Two months since the interview and nothing. It's cray.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], lawschool2017712, notnecessarilyproper, playersball, smashbash and 20 guests