Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
36
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 242

nugnoy
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby nugnoy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:18 am

Just got my acceptance letter! I'm the quintessential splitter. PM me if someone has questions.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby midwest17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Congrats bom and other admits!!!

2014entering2014
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 2014entering2014 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:05 pm

has gulc sent out admissions packets yet? like physical ones?

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby kershka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:53 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:has gulc sent out admissions packets yet? like physical ones?

No, just email updates and a holiday card.

desichhori
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby desichhori » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:10 pm

nugnoy wrote:Just got my acceptance letter! I'm the quintessential splitter. PM me if someone has questions.


CONGRATS!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:26 pm

I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6x
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13
Last edited by lawschool22 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Babum » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:33 pm

lawschool22 wrote:I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13


Congratulations! Exciting news right before new year's eve!

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:02 am

lawschool22 wrote:I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13


yay congrats!!!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13


yay congrats!!!


Thanks bom! :D

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:56 am

Babum wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13


Congratulations! Exciting news right before new year's eve!


Thank you! Yes indeed!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2248
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:12 am

lawschool22 wrote:I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13


Congrats! Great end to the year.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:22 am

lawschool22 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:I finally got back from visiting my parents and was able to check my mailbox and finally got the news:

In at Georgetown! :D

The letter was mailed early this week but I just now was able to get it.

Relevant info:

LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.6
Complete: 11/4/13
Interview: 11/26/13
Decision: 12/23/13


yay congrats!!!


Thanks bom! :D


you're welcome. see you at asw for that drink!

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:23 pm

I wonder if us holds are actually going to have to wait until the end of Feb. to receive a decision. That would be TTT.

zlatanlaw
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby zlatanlaw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:51 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:I wonder if us holds are actually going to have to wait until the end of Feb. to receive a decision. That would be TTT.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case, at least according to past threads.

hos9903
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby hos9903 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

zlatanlaw wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:I wonder if us holds are actually going to have to wait until the end of Feb. to receive a decision. That would be TTT.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case, at least according to past threads.


are you guys planning on sending in any kind of LOCI? I've also been held and thinking of sending something in when I give my updated transcripts to LSAC

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mellow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm

So I had my alumni interview recently and my interviewer didn't even go to GULC - just the graduate school. Is this normal?

All my questions were answered with "I'll ask the school and email you the answers later." And the interview questions were extremely vague. "Tell me about yourself." "What are your interests/hobbies?" Didn't even ask why GULC.

Otherwise I think it went really well.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 pm

mellow wrote:So I had my alumni interview recently and my interviewer didn't even go to GULC - just the graduate school. Is this normal?

All my questions were answered with "I'll ask the school and email you the answers later." And the interview questions were extremely vague. "Tell me about yourself." "What are your interests/hobbies?" Didn't even ask why GULC.

Otherwise I think it went really well.


Yeah that doesn't seem typical, but I wouldn't worry.

waiting111
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby waiting111 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Just got the letter!! See you all next year!!!

User avatar
The Dark Kite
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby The Dark Kite » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:57 am

Do you guys have a rough idea of what kind of numbers you'd need to have a shot at the part time program?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 pm

waiting111 wrote:Just got the letter!! See you all next year!!!


Congratulations!

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:02 pm

How long did it take you guys to get your status checkers?

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:06 pm

For those with decisions via mail, what did your status checker do beforehand? Did it indicate a decision was made? Or was it just stuck on "application completed" when you received the letter? How soon before your letter did the status checker date change? Thanks!

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:06 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:How long did it take you guys to get your status checkers?


I received mine the next day after submitting my app via LSAC.

Edit: I submitted mine in early Nov., just fyi.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 pm

mx23250 wrote:For those with decisions via mail, what did your status checker do beforehand? Did it indicate a decision was made? Or was it just stuck on "application completed" when you received the letter? How soon before your letter did the status checker date change? Thanks!


It just remained on "application completed" and still says that. My status checker changed twice near the date of my letter. Once on 12/21 then again on 12/23, and according to the date stamp on the letter it was mailed 12/23. So there may be a status change on the date they mail it.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby BentleyLittle » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:20 pm

mx23250 wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:How long did it take you guys to get your status checkers?


I received mine the next day after submitting my app via LSAC.

Edit: I submitted mine in early Nov., just fyi.


Damn, I submitted over ten days ago and still haven't received anything. Maybe the holidays are holding them up.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cbear2017, Rich Uncle Skeleton, staypuff, Why???, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests