Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Many Date Changes Have You Had?

0
37
15%
1
41
17%
2
53
22%
3
62
26%
4
20
8%
5+
30
12%
 
Total votes: 243

waiting111
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby waiting111 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:28 pm

For those of you who got the acceptance letter, did an email follow? ill be away from home for quite a bit but able to check my email and i am wonder if i will know before I get back home?

ss88
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby ss88 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Babum wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Babum wrote:Counting my complete, waiting that would be 5. I had an interview.


Does your status say "Complete" or "Completed"?


Completed.

At what point do we start over-analyzing?


Mine says "application completed" and that date is still 11/12, which was my second update I believe

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby KanyeShrug » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:34 pm

12/5 (interview date), 12/16, 12/20 :shock:

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:39 pm

ss88 wrote:
Babum wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Babum wrote:Counting my complete, waiting that would be 5. I had an interview.


Does your status say "Complete" or "Completed"?


Completed.

At what point do we start over-analyzing?


Mine says "application completed" and that date is still 11/12, which was my second update I believe


I see. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure if mine said complete or completed prior to my current status change. I believe my 11/12 date was my second update and today's 12/20 update was my third.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby okaygo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Third status change on 12/16 - Application Completed.
Would love to know if anyone's application is simply 'complete'.

ETA: had group interview 12/9

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pompoms » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 pm

My status just updated to my fourth complete date and it says "1/6/2014"

Is this....the future?

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:02 pm

waiting111 wrote:For those of you who got the acceptance letter, did an email follow? ill be away from home for quite a bit but able to check my email and i am wonder if i will know before I get back home?

Yes, an email followed a few days later.

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Robbin Blue » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:05 pm

jcb5329 wrote:
waiting111 wrote:For those of you who got the acceptance letter, did an email follow? ill be away from home for quite a bit but able to check my email and i am wonder if i will know before I get back home?

Yes, an email followed a few days later.


I haven't gotten an e-mail, got the letter in the mail about a week ago.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3335
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:06 pm

pompoms wrote:My status just updated to my fourth complete date and it says "1/6/2014"

Is this....the future?

:shock:

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:
jcb5329 wrote:
waiting111 wrote:For those of you who got the acceptance letter, did an email follow? ill be away from home for quite a bit but able to check my email and i am wonder if i will know before I get back home?

Yes, an email followed a few days later.


I haven't gotten an e-mail, got the letter in the mail about a week ago.

I wouldn't fret. It's a busy time of year for offices, and it was a personalized email for me. So it may just be they're backed up.

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:00 pm

pompoms wrote:My status just updated to my fourth complete date and it says "1/6/2014"

Is this....the future?


Haha mine has the same date. Strange since earlier today it updated to 12/20. Maybe in a couple hours it will be in February 2014? :)

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Kimikho » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:11 pm

jcb5329 wrote:
Robbin Blue wrote:
jcb5329 wrote:
waiting111 wrote:For those of you who got the acceptance letter, did an email follow? ill be away from home for quite a bit but able to check my email and i am wonder if i will know before I get back home?

Yes, an email followed a few days later.


I haven't gotten an e-mail, got the letter in the mail about a week ago.

I wouldn't fret. It's a busy time of year for offices, and it was a personalized email for me. So it may just be they're backed up.


i never got an email :|

User avatar
pompoms
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby pompoms » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm

mx23250 wrote:
pompoms wrote:My status just updated to my fourth complete date and it says "1/6/2014"

Is this....the future?


Haha mine has the same date. Strange since earlier today it updated to 12/20. Maybe in a couple hours it will be in February 2014? :)


Same! It was 12/20 and then shortly thereafter, 1/6. What does it meannnn?

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby EzraFitz » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm

scoobers wrote:i never got an email :|

When were you accepted? I just checked through my emails, and it was actually 11 days from my letter to my email.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3335
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby phillywc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm

scoobers wrote:i never got an email :|

but you just found out riiight?

Babum
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Babum » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:14 pm

pompoms wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
pompoms wrote:My status just updated to my fourth complete date and it says "1/6/2014"

Is this....the future?


Haha mine has the same date. Strange since earlier today it updated to 12/20. Maybe in a couple hours it will be in February 2014? :)


Same! It was 12/20 and then shortly thereafter, 1/6. What does it meannnn?


It's the end of the world as we know it...

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 pm

pompoms wrote:
mx23250 wrote:
pompoms wrote:My status just updated to my fourth complete date and it says "1/6/2014"

Is this....the future?


Haha mine has the same date. Strange since earlier today it updated to 12/20. Maybe in a couple hours it will be in February 2014? :)


Same! It was 12/20 and then shortly thereafter, 1/6. What does it meannnn?


I have a hunch it's the date a decision will be released, whether that means by mail, email, call, or whatever. It's hard to say though, I don't recall anyone else seeing a future date posted in this thread prior to decisions.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:29 pm

:shock: Just had another status change -12/20. This would be the 6th date I've seen (5th change). Was 12/19 earlier today.

Edit: Still can't log onto the admitted students website. Not looking good. I'm sensing a wait-list. Should've done an essay.

edwardt1988
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby edwardt1988 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Still stuck on 11/25 and I had my interview more than a week ago.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I think GULC takes the cake for number of status updates

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1910
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:I think GULC takes the cake for number of status updates


Well, Mich.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:14 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:I think GULC takes the cake for number of status updates


Well, Mich.


Ah, true dat. Maybe GULC gets the compensatory cupcake.

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby NoDayButToday » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:55 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby chuckbass » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:03 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:I think GULC takes the cake for number of status updates


Well, Mich.

:roll:

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2017 Applicants Thread (2013-2014)

Postby okaygo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Just got into GULC via snail mail.
Also tried logging into the accepted students page earlier today and it didn't work.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”