UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
elideep
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby elideep » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Winston1984 wrote:Wow! That's awesome guys! Can you guys provide a timeline so we know what to expect?


Submitted and complete 10/2 Decision 10/29

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby OliveBC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:35 pm

I submitted 10/15 and got my decision 10/29

Pretty amazed by that turnaround!

calwill
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:26 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby calwill » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:16 pm

In as well and definitely attending. Go Dawgs!!

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby chingwoo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Just got in via status check. Applied 10/9.


Whaddup baby. Guess I'll have to come down south after all.

calwill
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:26 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby calwill » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:57 pm

Has anyone received any word on scholarship information, or (if you get any money) do they distribute that later?

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wsparker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:28 am

calwill wrote:Has anyone received any word on scholarship information, or (if you get any money) do they distribute that later?


based on last year, it seems they give out scholarships starting in mid feb.

User avatar
lost129
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby lost129 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:37 am

Does anyone know about apartments/housing? I've looked around online to get an understanding of what is available, but the general consensus I've gained is:

A) You can live cheap and close, but have to deal with a lot of noise and deplorable conditions.
B) You can live close in a very nice apartment, but have to pull a second loan to pay for rent.

Are any apartments in between the two options or do we have to pick between the two evils?

I've also checked housing supplied by the university, but can not find any reviews for grad student experience.

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wsparker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Just got my acceptance letter and scholarship letter! 10K a year means I will definitely (most likely) be attending, see y'all in the fall!
Last edited by wsparker on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby Winston1984 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:41 pm

wsparker wrote:Just got my acceptance letter and scholarship letter! 10K a year means I will definitely be attending, see y'all in the fall!


Congrats! Stats? Instate?

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wsparker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Winston1984 wrote:
wsparker wrote:Just got my acceptance letter and scholarship letter! 10K a year means I will definitely be attending, see y'all in the fall!


Congrats! Stats? Instate?


Thanks! I'm instate, so the scholarship definitely makes my decision very easy! I'll PM stats.

elideep
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby elideep » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 pm

wsparker wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
wsparker wrote:Just got my acceptance letter and scholarship letter! 10K a year means I will definitely be attending, see y'all in the fall!


Congrats! Stats? Instate?


Thanks! I'm instate, so the scholarship definitely makes my decision very easy! I'll PM stats.



Congrats! Snail mail?? I'm visiting UGA tomorrow so I won't have my mail until I get home Sunday. Maybe I can harass admissions when I'm there? ;)

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby wsparker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 pm

elideep wrote:
wsparker wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
wsparker wrote:Just got my acceptance letter and scholarship letter! 10K a year means I will definitely be attending, see y'all in the fall!


Congrats! Stats? Instate?


Thanks! I'm instate, so the scholarship definitely makes my decision very easy! I'll PM stats.



Congrats! Snail mail?? I'm visiting UGA tomorrow so I won't have my mail until I get home Sunday. Maybe I can harass admissions when I'm there? ;)


Thanks! Yep, two separate envelopes. I thought they sent me 2 acceptance letters since last year they sent people several, so I was very happy when they were different! I visited about a month ago and loved it, have fun!

haha definitely!

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AT9 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:15 pm

I got my packets today! Got the in-state equalizer plus $5,000 a year. Have to say that UGA is a very real possibility now.

Oh, and it came with a cool "Georgia Law" bumper sticker!

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby OliveBC » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:51 pm

AT9 wrote:I got my packets today! Got the in-state equalizer plus $5,000 a year. Have to say that UGA is a very real possibility now.

Oh, and it came with a cool "Georgia Law" bumper sticker!


Two separate envelopes? I got my acceptance letter today but no 2nd letter with any scholarship info....Wondering if that is a bad sign

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby cannibal ox » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Yes, 2 different (large) envelopes.

One was an acceptance letter, one was a scholarship letter, both dated the same.
Last edited by cannibal ox on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby chingwoo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Just got my acceptance and In state equalizer in the mail. 2.7/167 There is a good chance that it will be the most economical school I get into.

gregfootball2001
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:35 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gregfootball2001 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:37 pm

OliveBC wrote:
AT9 wrote:I got my packets today! Got the in-state equalizer plus $5,000 a year. Have to say that UGA is a very real possibility now.

Oh, and it came with a cool "Georgia Law" bumper sticker!


Two separate envelopes? I got my acceptance letter today but no 2nd letter with any scholarship info....Wondering if that is a bad sign

When I got in, I got my acceptance letter and scholly letter months apart. Don't know if it means anything, but not getting a letter now doesn't mean you'll never get one.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby AT9 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:09 pm

gregfootball2001 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:
AT9 wrote:I got my packets today! Got the in-state equalizer plus $5,000 a year. Have to say that UGA is a very real possibility now.

Oh, and it came with a cool "Georgia Law" bumper sticker!


Two separate envelopes? I got my acceptance letter today but no 2nd letter with any scholarship info....Wondering if that is a bad sign

When I got in, I got my acceptance letter and scholly letter months apart. Don't know if it means anything, but not getting a letter now doesn't mean you'll never get one.


Yeah, your GPA is good and your LSAT is way higher than mine. I have a hard time imagining no $$$ for you if I got some.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby itachiuchiha » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:12 pm

any chance with a 3.82/158 ?

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby OliveBC » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:42 pm

AT9 wrote:
gregfootball2001 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:
AT9 wrote:I got my packets today! Got the in-state equalizer plus $5,000 a year. Have to say that UGA is a very real possibility now.

Oh, and it came with a cool "Georgia Law" bumper sticker!


Two separate envelopes? I got my acceptance letter today but no 2nd letter with any scholarship info....Wondering if that is a bad sign

When I got in, I got my acceptance letter and scholly letter months apart. Don't know if it means anything, but not getting a letter now doesn't mean you'll never get one.


Yeah, your GPA is good and your LSAT is way higher than mine. I have a hard time imagining no $$$ for you if I got some.



Thanks :) I'm hoping something was just weird with the mail and I'll get something this week

kaitlyn1777
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kaitlyn1777 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Haven't gotten my acceptance package yet.. but was admitted Wednesday. For those of you who received scholarships, did it show up on your status checker site?

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby cannibal ox » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:13 pm

kaitlyn1777 wrote:Haven't gotten my acceptance package yet.. but was admitted Wednesday. For those of you who received scholarships, did it show up on your status checker site?


No, just a message saying I was admitted. There wasn't any mention of scholarship in the email they sent the next day regarding my account for admitted students.

elideep
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby elideep » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Just got my acceptance letter and in-state equalizer plus 5k a year. This sure makes UGA look even more attractive! Go dawgs, y'all.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby OliveBC » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm

got the letter today haha, guess I was sketching out for nothing :oops:

In-state equalizer plus 10k a year

kaitlyn1777
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby kaitlyn1777 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Got my acceptance letter today but no official scholarship info… Hopefully my mail got screwed up too! Fingers crossed




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”