UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 pm

harold18 wrote:Got in today via email!

3.7
160

Go Dawgs!


congrats bro GO DAWGS

pooks
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby pooks » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 pm

When is the deposit date for those of you that have been accepted? I am currently on the wait list and hope that some more spots will open then.

amh
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby amh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:29 pm

pooks wrote:When is the deposit date for those of you that have been accepted? I am currently on the wait list and hope that some more spots will open then.


May 1st. Good luck!

doubledawg3378
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doubledawg3378 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:35 pm

pooks wrote:When is the deposit date for those of you that have been accepted? I am currently on the wait list and hope that some more spots will open then.



Wait listed as well. Hopefully I hear back soon!

doubledawg3378
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doubledawg3378 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 am

Is anyone thinking of Withdrawing soon?

User avatar
optimistic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:53 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby optimistic » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:15 pm

doubledawg3378 wrote:Is anyone thinking of Withdrawing soon?


I think I'm going to just ride it out BUT I did sent out more apps in the hopes of having something concrete. I would like to know exactly where I'm going by summer.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 pm

just an update. today UGA sent out emails to all scholarship recipients requesting they fill out this quick form that either says i will NOT be attending uga or that i will/may be attending uga and to reserve my scholarship. i think its supposed to shift scholarship money around but it could impact the waitlsit too

doubledawg3378
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doubledawg3378 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:07 am

Thanks for the update. You're right, in sure that'll immediately open some spots. When do you all have to submit it?

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby samoby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 am

doubledawg3378 wrote:Thanks for the update. You're right, in sure that'll immediately open some spots. When do you all have to submit it?


April 10 is the deadline.

doubledawg3378
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doubledawg3378 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 am

For you all that got off the Waitlist, were you called, emailed, notified on Status Checker? Just wondering

User avatar
optimistic
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:53 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby optimistic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:12 pm

doubledawg3378 wrote:For you all that got off the Waitlist, were you called, emailed, notified on Status Checker? Just wondering


Waitlisted via status checker. Letter a few days later. No email.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:58 pm

doubledawg3378 wrote:For you all that got off the Waitlist, were you called, emailed, notified on Status Checker? Just wondering


this information will cause you to neurotically check the status checker but
first the status checker went from waitlist to the congrats thing, emailed the next day

doubledawg3378
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby doubledawg3378 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:52 pm

thevuch wrote:
doubledawg3378 wrote:For you all that got off the Waitlist, were you called, emailed, notified on Status Checker? Just wondering


this information will cause you to neurotically check the status checker but
first the status checker went from waitlist to the congrats thing, emailed the next day



I know. Not sure why I walked into that trap! Oh well. If I don't know by May 1st I think I'm withdrawing anyway. We'll see

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:49 pm

2013 is up

kind of disappointed

http://law.uga.edu/placement-statistics

HRomanus
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby HRomanus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Here are the BigLaw percentages (including clerks):

2013/2012

Fed Clerk - 8.9% / 7.4%
State Clerk - 4.7% / 6.1%
Firms 101-250 - 2.1% / 2.2%
Firms 251-500 - 1.7% / 3.1%
Firms 501+ - 5.5% / 11.4%

Total - 22.9% / 30.2%

Emory's employment stats dipped as well in 2013. Here they are:

Fed Clerk - 5.5% / 6.4%
State Clark - 2.7% / 3.4%
Firms 101-250 - 5.1% / 4.1%
Firms 251-500 - 5.1% / 3.8%
Firms 501+ - 10.6% / 14.7%

Total - 29% / 32.4%

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:16 pm

that 501+ firm one for UGA i wonder what happened. it couldve been just the particular interest of the graduating class i suppose

gregfootball2001
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:35 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby gregfootball2001 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:50 pm

HRomanus wrote:Here are the BigLaw percentages (including clerks):

2013/2012

Fed Clerk - 8.9% / 7.4%
State Clerk - 4.7% / 6.1%
Firms 101-250 - 2.1% / 2.2%
Firms 251-500 - 1.7% / 3.1%
Firms 501+ - 5.5% / 11.4%

Total - 22.9% / 30.2%

Emory's employment stats dipped as well in 2013. Here they are:

Fed Clerk - 5.5% / 6.4%
State Clark - 2.7% / 3.4%
Firms 101-250 - 5.1% / 4.1%
Firms 251-500 - 5.1% / 3.8%
Firms 501+ - 10.6% / 14.7%

Total - 29% / 32.4%


The number of people in firm jobs of an unknown size shot up - from 1 in 2012 to 11 in 2013. That probably has a large impact.

BostonFuse51
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby BostonFuse51 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 am

Have any out of staters been granted scholarships larger than the in state equalizer plus $12,500? Please message me if you wouldn't mind sharing your offer and/or how you negotiated. Thanks!

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby thevuch » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:44 am

BostonFuse51 wrote:Have any out of staters been granted scholarships larger than the in state equalizer plus $12,500? Please message me if you wouldn't mind sharing your offer and/or how you negotiated. Thanks!


is this what you were offered?

irish921
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby irish921 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 pm

BostonFuse51 wrote:Have any out of staters been granted scholarships larger than the in state equalizer plus $12,500? Please message me if you wouldn't mind sharing your offer and/or how you negotiated. Thanks!


I was during last year's cycle. I'd be glad to discuss for comparative purposes, as I was told by the admissions people last year that the negotiation approach is pretty standardized at UGA.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby KatyMarie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:20 pm

BostonFuse51 wrote:Have any out of staters been granted scholarships larger than the in state equalizer plus $12,500? Please message me if you wouldn't mind sharing your offer and/or how you negotiated. Thanks!


+1...Also offered that and trying to negotiate a higher scholarship. Please message me as well if you have any input/advice! :D

HRomanus
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby HRomanus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 pm

KatyMarie wrote:
BostonFuse51 wrote:Have any out of staters been granted scholarships larger than the in state equalizer plus $12,500? Please message me if you wouldn't mind sharing your offer and/or how you negotiated. Thanks!


+1...Also offered that and trying to negotiate a higher scholarship. Please message me as well if you have any input/advice! :D


I was only offered $7,500 (plus in-state equalizer) and tried to negotiate with an Emory scholarship of $111,000 - so comparable tuition + fees. They rejected it because the cost of living in Atlanta versus Athens pushes the COA higher at Emory. The way they phrased it was slightly insulting: "Are you requesting an increase because the total amount of their award is larger than ours?"

But seriously - do they think I'd choose UGA over Emory because it's cheaper rent?

fjgoffe
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:03 am

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby fjgoffe » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Kind of an embarrassing question...but has anyone not received any scholarship information yet? I feel a little weird that I haven't heard anything.

HRomanus
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby HRomanus » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:20 pm

fjgoffe wrote:Kind of an embarrassing question...but has anyone not received any scholarship information yet? I feel a little weird that I haven't heard anything.


Mine took about a month and a half from my admission to arrive in the mail.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014)

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:24 pm

HRomanus wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:
BostonFuse51 wrote:Have any out of staters been granted scholarships larger than the in state equalizer plus $12,500? Please message me if you wouldn't mind sharing your offer and/or how you negotiated. Thanks!


+1...Also offered that and trying to negotiate a higher scholarship. Please message me as well if you have any input/advice! :D


I was only offered $7,500 (plus in-state equalizer) and tried to negotiate with an Emory scholarship of $111,000 - so comparable tuition + fees. They rejected it because the cost of living in Atlanta versus Athens pushes the COA higher at Emory. The way they phrased it was slightly insulting: "Are you requesting an increase because the total amount of their award is larger than ours?"

But seriously - do they think I'd choose UGA over Emory because it's cheaper rent?


That's ridiculous. :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dianersg, guybourdin, lillawyer2, mccracal, proteinshake and 16 guests