Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which city is your 180 destination for employment?

Austin
26%
Houston
14%
DFW
26%
San Antonio
5%
Other TX
No votes
Out of state Tri-state area
7%
Out of state CA area
18%
Out of state Chicago area
2%
Out of state Midwest area
2%
Out of state flyover state
No votes

Total votes: 57

Attax

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:29 pm

For anyone who got the lunch/breakfast email, I'll be doing the breakfast on the 21st and the lunch on the 28th.

furrrman

Postby furrrman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Attax wrote:For anyone who got the lunch/breakfast email, I'll be doing the breakfast on the 21st and the lunch on the 28th.

Got this email today. So are they asking for an individual lunch/breakfast or is it a group type thing?

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 pm

furrrman wrote:
Attax wrote:For anyone who got the lunch/breakfast email, I'll be doing the breakfast on the 21st and the lunch on the 28th.

Got this email today. So are they asking for an individual lunch/breakfast or is it a group type thing?

I believe it is a group type thing.

bound

Postby bound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:41 pm

I get that I'm an out of state applicant with a low GPA, UT. I GET IT. But seriously, you know that if I got in that I, without a shadow of a doubt, would attend. You know that I am flying to Austin next week to visit. You know that I submitted a Why Texas without even being asked. YOU KNOW THAT I WOULDN'T LEAVE YOU FOR A BETTER RANKED SCHOOL, SO IF YOU COULD JUST ADMIT ME AND STOP BEING SO SNOBBY WITH YOUR INSTATE TEXAS RESIDENTS OF WHOM I HAVE A BETTER LSAT SCORE THAT WOULD BE GREAT K THANKS BYE

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Austinbound wrote:I get that I'm an out of state applicant with a low GPA, UT. I GET IT. But seriously, you know that if I got in that I, without a shadow of a doubt, would attend. You know that I am flying to Austin next week to visit. You know that I submitted a Why Texas without even being asked. YOU KNOW THAT I WOULDN'T LEAVE YOU FOR A BETTER RANKED SCHOOL, SO IF YOU COULD JUST ADMIT ME AND STOP BEING SO SNOBBY WITH YOUR INSTATE TEXAS RESIDENTS OF WHOM I HAVE A BETTER LSAT SCORE THAT WOULD BE GREAT K THANKS BYE

I really laughed way too hard at this! I am sure you'll be fine, when did you apply? GPA doesn't seem to be a big factor for them this cycle with people at your LSAT (or even worse!). Sorry you are having to wait it out so long though :( Maybe they're waiting to tell you in person and then we shall celebrate!

cannibal ox

Postby cannibal ox » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:44 pm

*slow clap*

bound

Postby bound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:I get that I'm an out of state applicant with a low GPA, UT. I GET IT. But seriously, you know that if I got in that I, without a shadow of a doubt, would attend. You know that I am flying to Austin next week to visit. You know that I submitted a Why Texas without even being asked. YOU KNOW THAT I WOULDN'T LEAVE YOU FOR A BETTER RANKED SCHOOL, SO IF YOU COULD JUST ADMIT ME AND STOP BEING SO SNOBBY WITH YOUR INSTATE TEXAS RESIDENTS OF WHOM I HAVE A BETTER LSAT SCORE THAT WOULD BE GREAT K THANKS BYE

I really laughed way too hard at this! I am sure you'll be fine, when did you apply? GPA doesn't seem to be a big factor for them this cycle with people at your LSAT (or even worse!). Sorry you are having to wait it out so long though :( Maybe they're waiting to tell you in person and then we shall celebrate!

You have no idea. This has been a consistent day dream of mine. I visit the law school next week, I walk into Dean Ingram's office, and there she is. With my beautiful acceptance package. I open it and in huge letters it says "CONGRATS AUSTINBOUND ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE."

and then there's a full ride inside.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:11 pm

I'll be at one of the lunches as well. Do you think it matters which one we choose w/r/t the area that we are interested in? I had the impression that the meetings would all be similar and was wondering what others thought

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Search for the user "iMisto" and read all of his posts. Both for lulz and perspective.

Savage13

Postby Savage13 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

It's really odd how some state schools do this to in-state applicants. I am in at Texas with a 2.XX GPA and my state school (20-30 range) is just pretending I didn't apply.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Pneumonia wrote:

I'll be at one of the lunches as well. Do you think it matters which one we choose w/r/t the area that we are interested in? I had the impression that the meetings would all be similar and was wondering what others thought

I don't think it matters too much, I went with the date the patent law prof would be there since that really interests me and I figured it'd be better for networking purposes.

bound

Postby bound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:13 pm

BigZuck wrote:

Search for the user "iMisto" and read all of his posts. Both for lulz and perspective.

I looked at his posts for like 2 seconds and read about his description of his farts from protein. Seems like a cool cat haha

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Austinbound wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

I looked at his posts for like 2 seconds and read about his description of his farts from protein. Seems like a cool cat haha

tl;dr is he was madly in love with Cornell. Like, obsessed. He talked about his love for Cornell for like 6 months, promised he would do anything to get accepted and would pay sticker if admitted, and was super dramatic when they put him "on reserve" and took a long time to accept him. When he got in he was jubilant. Then, late in the cycle he got in off of Berkeley's waitlist and was like "Peace guys, I'm going to Cal." And that was it. We had to read about his love for Cornell and endure his bi-polarness the entire cycle and then he gets into a school that we never even knew he applied to and that was the end of his Cornell love.

He was a TLS treasure and I miss him.

bound

Postby bound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:22 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Austinbound wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

tl;dr is he was madly in love with Cornell. Like, obsessed. He talked about his love for Cornell for like 6 months, promised he would do anything to get accepted and would pay sticker if admitted, and was super dramatic when they put him "on reserve" and took a long time to accept him. When he got in he was jubilant. Then, late in the cycle he got in off of Berkeley's waitlist and was like "Peace guys, I'm going to Cal." And that was it. We had to read about his love for Cornell and endure his bi-polarness the entire cycle and then he gets into a school that we never even knew he applied to and that was the end of his Cornell love.

He was a TLS treasure and I miss him.

Hahaha I just read his "goodbye Cornell post." I enjoyed his specific goodbyes to his Cornell bros. I'm not trying to be that insane about UT but I sure am getting frustrated! At least a nice trip to Austin in a few days will get me out of AZ lol.

Savage13

Postby Savage13 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Austinbound, I just looked at your LSN and there's no way you don't get in. Did you consider UVA or Northwestern?

bound

Postby bound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Savage13 wrote:Austinbound, I just looked at your LSN and there's no way you don't get in. Did you consider UVA or Northwestern?

I never considered Northwestern because I really have no desire to live in Chicago. I did consider UVA but as a splitter, I know that my best opportunity for admission was in early action. As a December retaker, I kind of shot myself in the foot there. I might still throw my name in for shits n gigs.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:04 pm

Austinbound wrote:
Savage13 wrote:Austinbound, I just looked at your LSN and there's no way you don't get in. Did you consider UVA or Northwestern?

I never considered Northwestern because I really have no desire to live in Chicago. I did consider UVA but as a splitter, I know that my best opportunity for admission was in early action. As a December retaker, I kind of shot myself in the foot there. I might still throw my name in for shits n gigs.

And this is how it starts. You'll apply to UVA, you'll get in, then come in and write a "So Long Texas!" for us all :P

bound

Postby bound » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Attax wrote:
Austinbound wrote:

And this is how it starts. You'll apply to UVA, you'll get in, then come in and write a "So Long Texas!" for us all :P

Hahah that's not going to happen. My love for Austin is a bit too deep ;)

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Austinbound wrote:

Hahah that's not going to happen. My love for Austin is a bit too deep ;)

It is a great place to be in love with!

Glasseyes

Postby Glasseyes » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Submitted my requested Why UT? statement on Thursday... accepted today! Offsets my rejection letter from Michigan that came in 20 minutes later by a fair amount (it was a crazy reach anyway).

str8yolked

Postby str8yolked » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Glasseyes wrote:Submitted my requested Why UT? statement on Thursday... accepted today! Offsets my rejection letter from Michigan that came in 20 minutes later by a fair amount (it was a crazy reach anyway).

Congrats!

How long was your statement? I just submitted mine, it was about half a page.

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:36 am

Glasseyes wrote:Submitted my requested Why UT? statement on Thursday... accepted today! Offsets my rejection letter from Michigan that came in 20 minutes later by a fair amount (it was a crazy reach anyway).

did they request it? mine went complete on 1/21 so now its been a little more than two weeks.. so i'm thinking should i write one and send it over to them too, or just wait..

angels2fly

Postby angels2fly » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:41 am

kobe1020 wrote:

did they request it? mine went complete on 1/21 so now its been a little more than two weeks.. so i'm thinking should i write one and send it over to them too, or just wait..

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:59 am

angels2fly wrote:
kobe1020 wrote:

haha misread thanks !

vineyardchick07

Postby vineyardchick07 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:04 am

Just curious, is anyone considering a dual degree? If so what other degree?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”