Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which city is your 180 destination for employment?

Austin
15
26%
Houston
8
14%
DFW
15
26%
San Antonio
3
5%
Other TX
0
No votes
Out of state Tri-state area
4
7%
Out of state CA area
10
18%
Out of state Chicago area
1
2%
Out of state Midwest area
1
2%
Out of state flyover state
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 57

kobe1020
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby kobe1020 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 am

rion91 wrote:
PB&J.D. wrote:Any recommendations on timing for scholly negotiation emails? Before/after the deposit deadline? I applied later in the cycle so I'm still waiting to hear back from NU, which is really only relevant with $$. (No initial offer from UT)
*Have multiple +50% offers from T20s


Good luck :D

Also, good resource for those considering Texas. Gives you a nice overview of our nice state's legal economy (though from 2006, most of it still stands).

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/career/ ... t_2006.pdf


awesome !!!!

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:51 am

kobe1020 wrote:
rion91 wrote:
PB&J.D. wrote:Any recommendations on timing for scholly negotiation emails? Before/after the deposit deadline? I applied later in the cycle so I'm still waiting to hear back from NU, which is really only relevant with $$. (No initial offer from UT)
*Have multiple +50% offers from T20s


Good luck :D

Also, good resource for those considering Texas. Gives you a nice overview of our nice state's legal economy (though from 2006, most of it still stands).

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/career/ ... t_2006.pdf


awesome !!!!

That's what I thought too when I saw it. Also, deposit deadline is Tuesday!

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby logicspeaks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Just got the call, I'm in! URM, stats in profile.

uguisu
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:13 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby uguisu » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am

Gah.

I thought I had things mostly sussed out, but they offered me in-state tuition +25k/year, complicating things.

That would put all three years of UT cheaper than one year at my best-ranked schools.

I had intended to be done thinking by this point of the year.

User avatar
Cactus
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Cactus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Deposited.

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you guys in Austin this fall!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Cactus wrote:Deposited.

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you guys in Austin this fall!


See you in Austin!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Because I know not everyone checks the C/O 2017 thread:

Got my matching back, no extra $ for me I submitted:

WUSTL - $20k
Indiana - $25k
UIUC - $25k
UMN - $25k
W&L - Full tuition

User avatar
Cactus
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Cactus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Attax wrote:Because I know not everyone checks the C/O 2017 thread:

Got my matching back, no extra $ for me I submitted:

WUSTL - $20k
Indiana - $25k
UIUC - $25k
UMN - $25k
W&L - Full tuition


I submitted matching as well, with some handsome scholarship offers from Vanderbilt, USC, Notre Dame and Emory -- with no luck. Regardless, in-state tuition with my current scholarship made it impossible to turn down.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Cactus wrote:
Attax wrote:Because I know not everyone checks the C/O 2017 thread:

Got my matching back, no extra $ for me I submitted:

WUSTL - $20k
Indiana - $25k
UIUC - $25k
UMN - $25k
W&L - Full tuition


I submitted matching as well, with some handsome scholarship offers from Vanderbilt, USC, Notre Dame and Emory -- with no luck. Regardless, in-state tuition with my current scholarship made it impossible to turn down.


Yeah, It is still my best and cheapest option, so will still attending.

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Attax wrote:Because I know not everyone checks the C/O 2017 thread:

Got my matching back, no extra $ for me I submitted:

WUSTL - $20k
Indiana - $25k
UIUC - $25k
UMN - $25k
W&L - Full tuition

Do you have ties to Midwest? Wondering why so many Midwest schools

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 pm

rion91 wrote:
Attax wrote:Because I know not everyone checks the C/O 2017 thread:

Got my matching back, no extra $ for me I submitted:

WUSTL - $20k
Indiana - $25k
UIUC - $25k
UMN - $25k
W&L - Full tuition

Do you have ties to Midwest? Wondering why so many Midwest schools


I spent 5ish years living in Chicago when I was younger. I'm a splitter so just blanketed a lot of schools.

ojala
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ojala » Sat May 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I think I read this a while back but not I'm not sure - do all out of state people who receive a scholarship also get instate tuition? Or is that only offered to some?

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat May 10, 2014 10:12 pm

Interesting development over the past few days. I applied and was accepted under the ED option as a non-resident, but it looks like there's a chance the Main Campus Residence Office might re-classify me as a Texas resident. If it happens, that might mean that instead of the Non-Resident Tuition Exemption I received for applying ED, I would receive the $10k/year housing stipend, which would be pretty darn sweet.

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Sun May 11, 2014 9:52 am

ojala wrote:I think I read this a while back but not I'm not sure - do all out of state people who receive a scholarship also get instate tuition? Or is that only offered to some?


I did. LSN seems to suggest otherwise: http://mylsn.info/n3gnr8/

Also, that's awesome regarding the housing stipend!

hector
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hector » Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Just found I missed a voicemail early this week. It says UT sent greeting (?) boxes all over the country. Anyone received the box already?

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2940
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby cannibal ox » Fri May 16, 2014 4:47 pm

hector wrote:Just found I missed a voicemail early this week. It says UT sent greeting (?) boxes all over the country. Anyone received the box already?


Yes, I have. It's a UT Law water bottle, a 4gb flash drive, a window sticker, and a luggage tag. There's a picture posted by Attax somewhere, might be the c/o 2017 thread on the other board.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Attax » Sat May 17, 2014 9:32 am

My water bottle got snagged out of my backpack when in Lubbock.

hector
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hector » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:20 pm

May I ask a question? Could I withdraw the acceptance to UT after I submit my LOI? I have four waitlists on hand, so don't know what will happen after the deadline of LOI :(

User avatar
rion91
Posts: 962
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby rion91 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:38 pm

hector wrote:May I ask a question? Could I withdraw the acceptance to UT after I submit my LOI? I have four waitlists on hand, so don't know what will happen after the deadline of LOI :(

Depends on wording of letter

hector
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby hector » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:11 pm

rion91 wrote:
hector wrote:May I ask a question? Could I withdraw the acceptance to UT after I submit my LOI? I have four waitlists on hand, so don't know what will happen after the deadline of LOI :(

Depends on wording of letter


It says " I will enroll in the 2014 entering class. I have withdrawn my commitments to all other law schools". Does it mean I have to withdraw my other waitlists?

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby WokeUpInACar » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm

hector wrote:
rion91 wrote:
hector wrote:May I ask a question? Could I withdraw the acceptance to UT after I submit my LOI? I have four waitlists on hand, so don't know what will happen after the deadline of LOI :(

Depends on wording of letter


It says " I will enroll in the 2014 entering class. I have withdrawn my commitments to all other law schools". Does it mean I have to withdraw my other waitlists?

No. A staying on a WL is not a commitment.

flypelicanfly
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby flypelicanfly » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Just got in off the waitlist. Awesome way to start the weekend!

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: Texas c/o 2017 Applicants (2013-2014 cycle)

Postby Kool-Aid » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:45 pm

flypelicanfly wrote:Just got in off the waitlist. Awesome way to start the weekend!


Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferrisjso, kthrynf, neptunian and 6 guests