FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:09 pm

SailorMoon9543 wrote:
phireblast wrote:
SailorMoon9543 wrote:Is there a specific dress code to follow for ASD this Friday?

There were some pictures of the previous ASD on the FSU Law Facebook page and other social media sites. You can take a look at what the people were wearing. I know UF said theirs is formal, but the FSU one seemed much more casual.


UF said theirs was formal? I thought it was business casual as well? Thanks for the tip! Is anyone else stoked for ASD this Friday?? :lol:


UF's is business casual

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Zoolaf wrote:So what did everyone think of ASD that went? I loved it. Also, I'm pretty sure I sat across from you at lunch rdelaney :lol:

Haha. Were you talking to the student ambassador all of lunch? Small world. Haha. I'm sold on Tally, but UF offered me $$$ where FSU didn't. :/

Zoolaf
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Zoolaf » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 pm

rdelaney wrote:
Zoolaf wrote:So what did everyone think of ASD that went? I loved it. Also, I'm pretty sure I sat across from you at lunch rdelaney :lol:

Haha. Were you talking to the student ambassador all of lunch? Small world. Haha. I'm sold on Tally, but UF offered me $$$ where FSU didn't. :/


Yeah she was a friend from high school. I noticed your name tag but wasn't 100% positive and didn't get a chance to ask. I haven't gotten any scholarship info yet either (was accepted March 28) but FSU is where I want to be and honestly think it will be where I end up. However, LSU is offering me 90k so I'm hoping to parlay that into some money from FSU. I just need FSU to offer SOMETHING for me to accept. I'm going to e-mail next week to see what's up. Ashleigh (the ambassador) said I should get something decent with my numbers and you and I have similar numbers (your GPA is higher) so I'm hoping that's the case. If worst comes to worst I will just deposit at LSU on the 15th and FSU on the 30th and keep waiting it out.

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:45 am

Zoolaf wrote:
rdelaney wrote:
Zoolaf wrote:So what did everyone think of ASD that went? I loved it. Also, I'm pretty sure I sat across from you at lunch rdelaney :lol:

Haha. Were you talking to the student ambassador all of lunch? Small world. Haha. I'm sold on Tally, but UF offered me $$$ where FSU didn't. :/


Yeah she was a friend from high school. I noticed your name tag but wasn't 100% positive and didn't get a chance to ask. I haven't gotten any scholarship info yet either (was accepted March 28) but FSU is where I want to be and honestly think it will be where I end up. However, LSU is offering me 90k so I'm hoping to parlay that into some money from FSU. I just need FSU to offer SOMETHING for me to accept. I'm going to e-mail next week to see what's up. Ashleigh (the ambassador) said I should get something decent with my numbers and you and I have similar numbers (your GPA is higher) so I'm hoping that's the case. If worst comes to worst I will just deposit at LSU on the 15th and FSU on the 30th and keep waiting it out.

I kind of gathered you knew each other beforehand. I was very involved with the faculty member trying to schmooze me into attending. (bleh). But if you don't want to practice in Louisiana, FSU is def a good option if Florida is your state where you want to practice. I have to deposit by the 15th for UF and FSU...so I'll be making my decision this week. lol.

phireblast
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby phireblast » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Deposited and will be joining the class of 2017.

nmm10e
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nmm10e » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:51 am

phireblast wrote:Deposited and will be joining the class of 2017.



Congrats!!

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Kevinlomax » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 pm

still on hold...

Zoolaf
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Zoolaf » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 am

Kevinlomax wrote:still on hold...


I imagine you might see some movement over the next two weeks since the first round of seat deposits are due tomorrow.

nmm10e
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nmm10e » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Zoolaf wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:still on hold...


I imagine you might see some movement over the next two weeks since the first round of seat deposits are due tomorrow.


Hope so

phaynes1
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby phaynes1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:29 pm

In the same boat. Remaining hopeful.

nmm10e
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nmm10e » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:48 am

I was in comparative review at UF for five months and was accepted last Monday, so I am definitely still trying to keep my head up in regards to FSU. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask if they could give me a timeline of when people on hold would hear back and all they replied was "by May 31st"

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

nmm10e wrote:I was in comparative review at UF for five months and was accepted last Monday, so I am definitely still trying to keep my head up in regards to FSU. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask if they could give me a timeline of when people on hold would hear back and all they replied was "by May 31st"

I'm surprised at how slow FSU has been in regards to some of these things. I never heard back about $$$ after I told them UF offered me something.

I'm not trying to bash FSU but I definitely get a sense of them trying to play the field this cycle to try and further increase the USNWR ranking. I really enjoyed Tallahassee and would have like to consider the option, but perhaps it is best I didn't have to choose in my cycle. I withdrew last week, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!

Zoolaf
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Zoolaf » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm

rdelaney wrote:
nmm10e wrote:I was in comparative review at UF for five months and was accepted last Monday, so I am definitely still trying to keep my head up in regards to FSU. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask if they could give me a timeline of when people on hold would hear back and all they replied was "by May 31st"

I'm surprised at how slow FSU has been in regards to some of these things. I never heard back about $$$ after I told them UF offered me something.

I'm not trying to bash FSU but I definitely get a sense of them trying to play the field this cycle to try and further increase the USNWR ranking. I really enjoyed Tallahassee and would have like to consider the option, but perhaps it is best I didn't have to choose in my cycle. I withdrew last week, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!


Good luck at UF. I'm still waiting to hear back from FSU about money as well. Should be between now and the 30th...hopfully :lol:

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Zoolaf wrote:
rdelaney wrote:
nmm10e wrote:I was in comparative review at UF for five months and was accepted last Monday, so I am definitely still trying to keep my head up in regards to FSU. I e-mailed the admissions office to ask if they could give me a timeline of when people on hold would hear back and all they replied was "by May 31st"

I'm surprised at how slow FSU has been in regards to some of these things. I never heard back about $$$ after I told them UF offered me something.

I'm not trying to bash FSU but I definitely get a sense of them trying to play the field this cycle to try and further increase the USNWR ranking. I really enjoyed Tallahassee and would have like to consider the option, but perhaps it is best I didn't have to choose in my cycle. I withdrew last week, good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!


Good luck at UF. I'm still waiting to hear back from FSU about money as well. Should be between now and the 30th...hopfully :lol:

Fingers crossed! Everyone should be offered $$$ to go to UF or FSU. :)

phaynes1
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby phaynes1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:still on hold...

If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers and when did you apply?

User avatar
Spaniard
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Spaniard » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Application Status Change to Complete on 3/31

About how long did it take to get a reply from FSU?

nmm10e
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nmm10e » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Spaniard wrote:Application Status Change to Complete on 3/31

About how long did it take to get a reply from FSU?


It honestly depends on your numbers. If you are excelling in one area, but lacking in another it could take longer. If you are at the medians or above then you should hear back sooner. Being that it's so late in the cycle I'm sure you will get a response by May 31st as that is what they have told all of us still on hold.

Zoolaf
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Zoolaf » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Spaniard wrote:Application Status Change to Complete on 3/31

About how long did it take to get a reply from FSU?


I was >75% LSAT and <25% GPA.

Complete on 3/5 decision on 3/28

User avatar
Spaniard
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Spaniard » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 am

Zoolaf wrote:
Spaniard wrote:Application Status Change to Complete on 3/31

About how long did it take to get a reply from FSU?


I was >75% LSAT and <25% GPA.

Complete on 3/5 decision on 3/28


nmm10e - thank you

Zoolaf - could you tell me where you found the most recent FSU statistics for GPA and LSAT

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 am

Spaniard wrote:
Zoolaf wrote:
Spaniard wrote:Application Status Change to Complete on 3/31

About how long did it take to get a reply from FSU?


I was >75% LSAT and <25% GPA.

Complete on 3/5 decision on 3/28


nmm10e - thank you

Zoolaf - could you tell me where you found the most recent FSU statistics for GPA and LSAT

Check this out Spaniard, http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_stud ... rt2013.pdf. :)

User avatar
Spaniard
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Spaniard » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:10 am

rdelaney wrote:
Spaniard wrote:
Zoolaf wrote:
Spaniard wrote:Application Status Change to Complete on 3/31

About how long did it take to get a reply from FSU?


I was >75% LSAT and <25% GPA.

Complete on 3/5 decision on 3/28


nmm10e - thank you

Zoolaf - could you tell me where you found the most recent FSU statistics for GPA and LSAT

Check this out Spaniard, http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_stud ... rt2013.pdf. :)


Could not have asked for more! Thank you!

nmm10e
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nmm10e » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:10 am

hoping there's movement this week

phaynes1
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby phaynes1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:36 pm

You and me both.

Zoolaf
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Zoolaf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:20 am

Received scholarship info today and will now officially be attending in the fall.

So if your seat deposit wasn't due till later this month don't give up hope for a scholarship yet, and good luck to those still waiting to hear back about admissions.

GBDiaz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby GBDiaz » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Status: "Decision made and will arrive by mail."
Date: 4/22/2012

Really anxious, but based on what I've read here, people who were accepted received a phone call. I've yet to receive one, so I'm betting on being wait listed or rejected. :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”