FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 am

2012 Class Profile
Applications
2,499
Enrolled
187
Median LSAT
160
Median GPA
3.53
Ethnic/Racial Diversity
21%
More than 2 years of Work Experience
25%
Undergraduate Schools
56
Majors Represented
40
States Represented
16
Countries Represented
8
Non-Florida Residents
19%
Age Range
19-40




2013 Data Released

http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/index.shtml

Courtesy of Above

2013 Class Profile
Applications
2022
Enrolled
170
Median LSAT
159
Median GPA
3.51
Ethnic/Racial Diversity
19.4%
More than 2 years of Work Experience
34%
Undergraduate Schools
44
Majors Represented
42
States Represented
17
Countries Represented
4
Non-Florida Residents
13.5%
Age Range
19-39
Last edited by crestor on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:25 am

Right Herre....

163 (October retake coming) - 3.49

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:39 am

mvonh001 wrote:Right Herre....

162 (October retake coming) - 3.49



BOL mate. We are applying in a time where we get to be very picky with $$$ if we hit the right scores. For instance, assuming these are not fake/bogus LSN profiles, FSU accepted a 161/2.6, 162/3.25, 162/2.84. They waitlisted a 162/2.26....

I am taking in October too. Right now if UF LSAT Median went down from 160 to 159, I'd say it wouldn't be too much to assume that FSU LSAT Median dropped from 160 to _______. However, FSU does not average LSAT scores and takes highest one so this assumption might be invalid. LSAT logic ftw.

Furthermore, the proof is in the pudding. All the Florida schools in particular have seen a MASSIVE drop in applications. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... t-students

"At Florida State University in Tallahassee, law school applications are down 23 percent."

"UF has seen a "significant" reduction in applications this year, but Jerry would not disclose how much applications have fallen."

This is going to be an interesting cycle to observe and luckily enough we get to participate in it.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 am

crestor wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Right Herre....

162 (October retake coming) - 3.49



BOL mate. We are applying in a time where we get to be very picky with $$$ if we hit the right scores. For instance, assuming these are not fake/bogus LSN profiles, FSU accepted a 161/2.6, 162/3.25, 162/2.84. They waitlisted a 162/2.26....

I am taking in October too. Right now if UF LSAT Median went down from 160 to 159, I'd say it wouldn't be too much to assume that FSU LSAT Median dropped from 160 to _______. However, FSU does not average LSAT scores and takes highest one so this assumption might be invalid. LSAT logic ftw.

Furthermore, the proof is in the pudding. All the Florida schools in particular have seen a MASSIVE drop in applications. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... t-students

"At Florida State University in Tallahassee, law school applications are down 23 percent."

"UF has seen a "significant" reduction in applications this year, but Jerry would not disclose how much applications have fallen."

This is going to be an interesting cycle to observe and luckily enough we get to participate in it.


Yea. Same to you. What are your numbers, you can PM me if you want. or totally ignore that request lol

Also, are you from the state, i would assume so, and if so, which part of the state do you represent?

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am

mvonh001 wrote:
crestor wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Right Herre....

162 (October retake coming) - 3.49



BOL mate. We are applying in a time where we get to be very picky with $$$ if we hit the right scores. For instance, assuming these are not fake/bogus LSN profiles, FSU accepted a 161/2.6, 162/3.25, 162/2.84. They waitlisted a 162/2.26....

I am taking in October too. Right now if UF LSAT Median went down from 160 to 159, I'd say it wouldn't be too much to assume that FSU LSAT Median dropped from 160 to _______. However, FSU does not average LSAT scores and takes highest one so this assumption might be invalid. LSAT logic ftw.

Furthermore, the proof is in the pudding. All the Florida schools in particular have seen a MASSIVE drop in applications. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... t-students

"At Florida State University in Tallahassee, law school applications are down 23 percent."

"UF has seen a "significant" reduction in applications this year, but Jerry would not disclose how much applications have fallen."

This is going to be an interesting cycle to observe and luckily enough we get to participate in it.


Yea. Same to you. What are your numbers, you can PM me if you want. or totally ignore that request lol

Also, are you from the state, i would assume so, and if so, which part of the state do you represent?


done

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Checking in. I'm EDing to Duke but will apply after I get rejected in their 10-day turnaround time.

163/3.83
FL resident

Anyone know at what level FSU gives out $??

Good luck everyone!

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nebula666 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:08 am

AT9 wrote:Checking in. I'm EDing to Duke but will apply after I get rejected in their 10-day turnaround time.

163/3.83
FL resident

Anyone know at what level FSU gives out $??

Good luck everyone!


Their scholarship levels are $51-50k, $45-42k, $36-30k and then a few smaller amounts. I think you will either get $50k or $45k based on last cycle. Very similar numbers to UF so you can probably get them to match one another.

I ended up choosing UF but I really enjoyed my visit to FSU. Can't go wrong with either of these if you can attend for cheap and want non-biglaw in Florida.

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby crestor » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:05 pm

nebula666 wrote:
AT9 wrote:Checking in. I'm EDing to Duke but will apply after I get rejected in their 10-day turnaround time.

163/3.83
FL resident

Anyone know at what level FSU gives out $??

Good luck everyone!


Their scholarship levels are $51-50k, $45-42k, $36-30k and then a few smaller amounts. I think you will either get $50k or $45k based on last cycle. Very similar numbers to UF so you can probably get them to match one another.

I ended up choosing UF but I really enjoyed my visit to FSU. Can't go wrong with either of these if you can attend for cheap and want non-biglaw in Florida.



what do you think about FSU grads working in South Florida? NVM just saw that you went to UF. Anyone else care to chime in on the matter of FSU portability in South Florida in particular the Miami region?

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Submitted today!

User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby crestor » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:02 pm

AT9 wrote:Submitted today!


Good luck.

nolegirl3
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nolegirl3 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Has anyone heard from FSU yet?

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:27 pm

nolegirl3 wrote:Has anyone heard from FSU yet?


According to LSN, it looks like people started hearing back on Oct 19 last year. Crossing my fingers for something this week.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Does anyones status say anything other than "Application Complete"??

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Does anyones status say anything other than "Application Complete"??


Nope...still hoping for a decision this week, or at least this month.

User avatar
rowdyreptile5861
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rowdyreptile5861 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 am

Checking In. 161 (not retaking; a mistake, I know) 3.67, FL resident. Submitting my apps tomorrow. Very anxious to see how this cycle plays out.

Seems like we have some of the same people in both the UF and FSU threads. Good luck to all.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby vicpin5190 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:10 am

how strict is FSU on that 500 word limit on the personal statement?

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:45 pm

There has been some movement on the FSU status page... No change in my current status as application complete, but the date under it went from 9/21/13 (the date i submitted the app) to 10/31/13... So there is some progress.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:10 pm

mvonh001 wrote:There has been some movement on the FSU status page... No change in my current status as application complete, but the date under it went from 9/21/13 (the date i submitted the app) to 10/31/13... So there is some progress.


Same here. I would think decisions are coming out soon, since people started getting decisions around 10/19 the last couple of years (according to LSN).

nolegirl3
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nolegirl3 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Mine just changed to under review

kaitlyn1777
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby kaitlyn1777 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Mine changed to under review this afternoon as well.. Any idea how long it usually takes to hear something back?

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Im under review as well... and have the same question as those above me... Any idea how long it will take?

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:05 pm

In via phone call! Said I'd be getting an acceptance packet and that the scholarship committee would be calling in the next couple weeks. That sounds promising!

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby itachiuchiha » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 pm

I got the call too!

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:44 pm

same here!

kaitlyn1777
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: FSU C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby kaitlyn1777 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 pm

me too!! Congrats everyone!!! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], jstans and 20 guests