UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SailorMoon9543

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Nucky wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
rdelaney wrote:Yeah. Even after viewing the campus and getting a students and alumni perspective, UF is clearly the better choice. My UG is UF and you can bash all you want, but if you take UF seriously it opens many more doors than FSU or any other option in Florida. Especially outside the top 20%.

They made Gator Nation a big pull because fellow alum look out for the alma mater and would rather hire UF grads than FSU. It's a REAL thing. Just keep that in mind.

As far as the pompous feeling some felt, it was only joking. UF and FSU have a huge rivalry. Outside of football especially. UF didn't focus on the educational aspect because they know they have a good faculty as well as everyone else in Florida. You'll get the same education no matter what. What you should be looking at is the accessibility of the staff and the willingness to connect you to alumni, which I definitely saw yesterday.

You're buying the degree, opportunity, connections, employment opportunity and alumni all of which UF has to offer.

Again, I'm not sure anyone is bashing here. As I've said three times, I actually liked UF. Just airing my concerns and thoughts. I thought that's what a forum was.

In my eyes you're good, Cricket. I just think you and Sailor got a little carried away. Sailor doesn't appear to have ever been considering UF and Scalia is an obvious UM troll with a mean inferiority complex.

Lol. I decided on UF this morning. Just bought about $60 worth of gear from their bookstore online. So funny.

w7ldcard

Postby w7ldcard » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:34 pm

SailorMoon9543 wrote:
Nucky wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
rdelaney wrote:Yeah. Even after viewing the campus and getting a students and alumni perspective, UF is clearly the better choice. My UG is UF and you can bash all you want, but if you take UF seriously it opens many more doors than FSU or any other option in Florida. Especially outside the top 20%.

They made Gator Nation a big pull because fellow alum look out for the alma mater and would rather hire UF grads than FSU. It's a REAL thing. Just keep that in mind.

As far as the pompous feeling some felt, it was only joking. UF and FSU have a huge rivalry. Outside of football especially. UF didn't focus on the educational aspect because they know they have a good faculty as well as everyone else in Florida. You'll get the same education no matter what. What you should be looking at is the accessibility of the staff and the willingness to connect you to alumni, which I definitely saw yesterday.

You're buying the degree, opportunity, connections, employment opportunity and alumni all of which UF has to offer.

Again, I'm not sure anyone is bashing here. As I've said three times, I actually liked UF. Just airing my concerns and thoughts. I thought that's what a forum was.

In my eyes you're good, Cricket. I just think you and Sailor got a little carried away. Sailor doesn't appear to have ever been considering UF and Scalia is an obvious UM troll with a mean inferiority complex.

Lol. I decided on UF this morning. Just bought about $60 worth of gear from their bookstore online. So funny.

Congrats :) have a beer in celebration

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:36 pm

I think I will :)

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:36 pm

SailorMoon9543 wrote:
Nucky wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
Nucky wrote:This thread has become a joke.

But when an FSU and UM student enter the equation, what do you expect? You can't troll your way to the top.

Are you saying I went to UM? Because I didn't lol

And that attitude is just what I experienced at UF.

I was referring to Scalia in regard to UM and sailor moon in regard to FSU. You guys are just absurd. One girl's comments taken out of context are worth a page worth of your whining about UF Law's, a community of thousands, pompousness? Give me a break.

Troll away guys, but this is all petty nonsense and/or trolling.

Also, sailor moon, yes this is a place where potential students can air concerns but given your comment back on January 20th that you were deciding between FSU and some other school, and the fact that FSU is your UG, you seem to just be trolling and/or defending your UG.

But hey, troll away. Fill another 5 pages with complaints about how the restroom napkins weren't folded properly. But trolling won't change the fact that UF is top dog. I was at ASD and did not hear FSU mentioned once.

You make a lot of assumptions here. I'm not trolling, simply voicing my opinion the day after ASD to get others thoughts. I actually signed my letter of intent for enrollment this afternoon. UF's curriculum matches the work I will do with the law firm after graduation. I like the school. You're being extremely sensitive, and dare I say, insecure.

I'm not making assumptions. I'm restating what you have said and commenting on the pettiness of your comments.

I can sympathize with that girl's comments rubbing you the wrong way but is it really worth a full page of commentary about UF's alleged pompousness?... And now you're committing to UF?! :lol:

Whatever, good luck and congrats on your choice. For the record, I challenge this stuff because there are a lot of lurkers on TLS and they don't need to read nonsense. Many of them are confused and ill-informed enough as it is.

Also, does FSU even have a thread here?

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:42 pm

[/quote]

Are you saying I went to UM? Because I didn't lol

And that attitude is just what I experienced at UF.[/quote]

I was referring to Scalia in regard to UM and sailor moon in regard to FSU. You guys are just absurd. One girl's comments taken out of context are worth a page worth of your whining about UF Law's, a community of thousands, pompousness? Give me a break.

Troll away guys, but this is all petty nonsense and/or trolling.

Also, sailor moon, yes this is a place where potential students can air concerns but given your comment back on January 20th that you were deciding between FSU and some other school, and the fact that FSU is your UG, you seem to just be trolling and/or defending your UG.

But hey, troll away. Fill another 5 pages with complaints about how the restroom napkins weren't folded properly. But trolling won't change the fact that UF is top dog. I was at ASD and did not hear FSU mentioned once.[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions here. I'm not trolling, simply voicing my opinion the day after ASD to get others thoughts. I actually signed my letter of intent for enrollment this afternoon. UF's curriculum matches the work I will do with the law firm after graduation. I like the school. You're being extremely sensitive, and dare I say, insecure.[/quote]

I'm not making assumptions. I'm restating what you have said and commenting on the pettiness of your comments.

I can sympathize with that girl's comments rubbing you the wrong way but is it really worth a full page of commentary about UF's alleged pompousness?... And now you're committing to UF?! :lol:

Whatever, good luck and congrats on your choice. For the record, I challenge this stuff because there are a lot of lurkers on TLS and they don't need to read nonsense. Many of them are confused and ill-informed enough as it is.

Also, does FSU even have a thread here?[/quote]

It was more than "one girl's comment". The alumni panel spoke about FSU being inferior, and I actually spoke to the youngest alumni (who is a Seminole) about her experience and the feeling I'd been getting through out the day. I also got the superiority complex from people I spoke with personally. Stop assuming that I'm arguing to argue. I'm utilizing the thread as it should be. If you want a thread with rainbows and sunshine then what's the purpose? And asking if there is a FSU thread is absurd. Going to drink that beer now...

OhScalia

Postby OhScalia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Nucky, I don't go to UM; I am graduating from a T-20. My criticisms of UF are meant to be constructive, not destructive. In my view, UF law class is too large in this terrible legal market. And I believe students who are going there need to know that if they land below top 15% at UF, their chances of finding remunerative employment drop drastically (According to UF 2013 Employment stat: 9 months after graduation, only 15% of its graduating class landed a job in big law or federal clerkship). That's not trolling; that's contributing to this forum.

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:59 pm

I am mulling things over. I'm leaning toward Wake Forest, so I may be ducking out of this thread. I wish you guys the best.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:10 pm

SailorMoon9543 wrote:It was more than "one girl's comment". The alumni panel spoke about FSU being inferior, and I actually spoke to the youngest alumni (who is a Seminole) about her experience and the feeling I'd been getting through out the day. I also got the superiority complex from people I spoke with personally. Stop assuming that I'm arguing to argue. I'm utilizing the thread as it should be. If you want a thread with rainbows and sunshine then what's the purpose? And asking if there is a FSU thread is absurd. Going to drink that beer now...

Well now you're changing your story. But yes, rainbows and sunshine are preferable.

If there is an FSU thread, I'd love to see it. You're also welcome to come have beer with us. No hard feelings.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 pm

OhScalia wrote:

Nucky, I don't go to UM; I am graduating from a T-20. My criticisms of UF are meant to be constructive, not destructive. In my view, UF law class is too large in this terrible legal market. And I believe students who are going there need to know that if they land below top 15% at UF, their chances of finding remunerative employment drop drastically (According to UF 2013 Employment stat: 9 months after graduation, only 15% of its graduating class landed a job in big law or federal clerkship). That's not trolling; that's contributing to this forum.

I don't care to look through your posts, but I find that doubtful. I'd also expect you to understand the concept of self-selection and interview performance. Not to mention QOL considerations. I also expect numbers to be even better by 2017.

Your comments are not contributory. They're nonsense. Sorry UF dinged you.

Cricket, Wake's new numbers are a big concern for me, but it's a fine school and hope it works out if that's what you decide.

OhScalia

Postby OhScalia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Nucky wrote:
OhScalia wrote:

I don't care to look through your posts, but I find that doubtful. I'd also expect you to understand the concept of self-selection and interview performance. Not to mention QOL considerations. I also expect numbers to be even better by 2017.

Cricket, Wake's new numbers are a big concern for me, but it's a fine school and hope it works out if that's what you decide.

You are incredibly insecure, plus your latest post does not make sense . You are sorry because UF dinged me? On the contrary, I declined UF admission and currently attend a T-20. You should be sorry that you can't make it into Emory.

BreezeyOne

Postby BreezeyOne » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:36 pm

This forum is a little tense. It is interesting to guess who everyone was at the ASD. I wish I could put faces to the posters.

I think beer is for prols, though.

w7ldcard

Postby w7ldcard » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:38 pm

BreezeyOne wrote:This forum is a little tense. It is interesting to guess who everyone was at the ASD. I wish I could put faces to the posters.

I think beer is for prols, though.

Trolls?

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:41 pm

OhScalia wrote:
Nucky wrote:
OhScalia wrote:

You are incredibly insecure, plus your latest post does not make sense . You are sorry because UF dinged me? On the contrary, I declined UF admission and currently attend a T-20. You should be sorry that you can't make it into Emory.

I wouldn't care to attend Emory without SIGNIFICANT money as their numbers are only slightly better and I prefer to be a part of the UF community and practice in Florida. I'm actually on Emory's priority wait list and feel confident in my admission chances. But hey, either way, I hope no matter what school I go to I occupy my time far better than you're occupying yours. Emory May be the lipstick to your pig, but you're still a pig. Get a life.

underwear

Postby underwear » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:47 pm

wowzers. that escalated quickly.
Last edited by underwear on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Nucky wrote:I wouldn't care to attend Emory without SIGNIFICANT money as their numbers are only slightly better and I prefer to be a part of the UF community and practice in Florida. I'm actually on Emory's priority wait list and feel confident in my admission chances. But hey, either way, I hope no matter what school I go to I occupy my time far better than you're occupying yours. Emory May be the lipstick to your pig, but you're still a pig. Get a life.

Dude, chill out. Seriously

Godspeed to UF c/o17 and the incoming students dealing with this lol

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:10 pm

foundingfather wrote:
Nucky wrote:I wouldn't care to attend Emory without SIGNIFICANT money as their numbers are only slightly better and I prefer to be a part of the UF community and practice in Florida. I'm actually on Emory's priority wait list and feel confident in my admission chances. But hey, either way, I hope no matter what school I go to I occupy my time far better than you're occupying yours. Emory May be the lipstick to your pig, but you're still a pig. Get a life.

Go back to UM's TTTThread. I look forward to your "Lost scholarship, should I drop out or go 250k in debt for worthless UMiami JD?" thread around this time next year.

cricketlove00

Postby cricketlove00 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Ok definitely checking out now.

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Nucky wrote:
foundingfather wrote:

Go back to UM's TTTThread. I look forward to your "Lost scholarship, should I drop out or go 250k in debt for worthless UMiami JD?" thread around this time next year.

:roll:

I really hope you make friends your 1L. stop taking TLS way too seriously

OhScalia

Postby OhScalia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Nucky wrote:
foundingfather wrote:

Nucky really believes he's a real life Nucky. But underneath this bravado lurks a highly insecure loser. Btw, you are on the wailist for a reason: your numbers, in a year when schools are accepting students with far lower credentials, are trash.

OhScalia

Postby OhScalia » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Nucky wrote:
foundingfather wrote:

Your prospects at UF are only marginally better, so a year from now karma may have a say on this.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:33 pm

OhScalia wrote:
Nucky wrote:
foundingfather wrote:

Nucky really believes he's a real life Nucky. But underneath this bravado lurks a highly insecure loser. Btw, you are on the wailist for a reason: your numbers, in a year when schools are accepting students with far lower credentials, are trash.

We'll talk about our feelings in three years when you and Ben Frank are getting me coffee.

pat4redick

Postby pat4redick » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Abort thread.

usaacs

Postby usaacs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Nucky, please don't come to my law school.

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Last edited by foundingfather on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Nucky wrote:We'll talk about our feelings in three years when you and Ben Frank are getting me coffee.

You know you have to go through an interview before you get a job, right?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”