UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 am

toshiroh wrote:Totally apologize for explaining why he/she might not have received a decision yet. :roll:


I applied later than January 21 and got a response so obviously there may be another issue, if there is any issue at all. Ultimately, we can never predict admissions or their decisions. We can only be patient and support those still waiting. :roll: :roll:

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby toshiroh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:29 am

cricketlove00 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:Totally apologize for explaining why he/she might not have received a decision yet. :roll:


I applied later than January 21 and got a response so obviously there may be another issue, if there is any issue at all. Ultimately, we can never predict admissions or their decisions. We can only be patient and support those still waiting. :roll: :roll:


Hence the reason I said "Might." carry on.

dobie1
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby dobie1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm

racqueld wrote:Thanks. Between waiting to hear and my senior engineering project I might as well start just pulling my hair out.

I submitted mid/late Feb, and was in about 1 week and a half later.

With UF, because admissions are "rolling," the strength of your application is considered more important than the date you submitted. Judging by my application, if someone submits very late, but is above medians, then they will be accepted right away. In much the same way, if someone with lower numbers submitted before me, they would be "held" because UF wanted to see if more qualified applications would come in before making a decision. So basically, the fact that you submitted late is likely not the reason you have not heard back, IF your numbers are below median.

At this point, UF is waiting to see who pays their seat deposits, and who withdraws. They could also be trying to make sure their medians do not go down, so they're calculating all of that before making more decisions. I have no clue what your numbers are, but if I described your situation at all, don't give up! I think being held in this way puts you above people who have been waitlisted (or have they sent those out yet?). Either way, you haven't been denied.

Now, if your scores are at or above the medians, then ignore everything I just said haha.

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby w7ldcard » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 pm

dobie1 wrote:
racqueld wrote:Thanks. Between waiting to hear and my senior engineering project I might as well start just pulling my hair out.

I submitted mid/late Feb, and was in about 1 week and a half later.

With UF, because admissions are "rolling," the strength of your application is considered more important than the date you submitted. Judging by my application, if someone submits very late, but is above medians, then they will be accepted right away. In much the same way, if someone with lower numbers submitted before me, they would be "held" because UF wanted to see if more qualified applications would come in before making a decision. So basically, the fact that you submitted late is likely not the reason you have not heard back, IF your numbers are below median.

At this point, UF is waiting to see who pays their seat deposits, and who withdraws. They could also be trying to make sure their medians do not go down, so they're calculating all of that before making more decisions. I have no clue what your numbers are, but if I described your situation at all, don't give up! I think being held in this way puts you above people who have been waitlisted (or have they sent those out yet?). Either way, you haven't been denied.

Now, if your scores are at or above the medians, then ignore everything I just said haha.


I applied on the 15th (deadline) and got a decision by the 26th but then again im not below the medians and I have medium softs

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby w7ldcard » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:57 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Finally got my admissions packet. I'm in! :)

How long did it take for yours to be mailed?

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Ugh. I have to wait to check my mail when I get home tonight. The suspense is killing me. Did anyone get scholly info with the admissions packet? Or is does it always come afterward?

racqueld
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby racqueld » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:11 pm

toshiroh wrote:Totally apologize for explaining why he/she might not have received a decision yet. :roll:


You'll make a great attorney, you've got condescension down to a science. :wink:

racqueld
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby racqueld » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:14 pm

w7ldcard wrote:
dobie1 wrote:
racqueld wrote:Thanks. Between waiting to hear and my senior engineering project I might as well start just pulling my hair out.

I submitted mid/late Feb, and was in about 1 week and a half later.

With UF, because admissions are "rolling," the strength of your application is considered more important than the date you submitted. Judging by my application, if someone submits very late, but is above medians, then they will be accepted right away. In much the same way, if someone with lower numbers submitted before me, they would be "held" because UF wanted to see if more qualified applications would come in before making a decision. So basically, the fact that you submitted late is likely not the reason you have not heard back, IF your numbers are below median.

At this point, UF is waiting to see who pays their seat deposits, and who withdraws. They could also be trying to make sure their medians do not go down, so they're calculating all of that before making more decisions. I have no clue what your numbers are, but if I described your situation at all, don't give up! I think being held in this way puts you above people who have been waitlisted (or have they sent those out yet?). Either way, you haven't been denied.

Now, if your scores are at or above the medians, then ignore everything I just said haha.


I applied on the 15th (deadline) and got a decision by the 26th but then again im not below the medians and I have medium softs



I'm that odd candidate that has a GPA below the medians (3.2) but I also have an engineering degree. :/ My LSAT is right at the 25th. So I have no clue.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:39 pm

rdelaney wrote:Ugh. I have to wait to check my mail when I get home tonight. The suspense is killing me. Did anyone get scholly info with the admissions packet? Or is does it always come afterward?


I got my packet at the beginning of March and I haven't heard anything about scholly yet. I sent an email today.

racqueld wrote:I'm that odd candidate that has a GPA below the medians (3.2) but I also have an engineering degree. :/ My LSAT is right at the 25th. So I have no clue.


Sounds like they are just comparing you to other students. Hang on!

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:39 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
rdelaney wrote:Ugh. I have to wait to check my mail when I get home tonight. The suspense is killing me. Did anyone get scholly info with the admissions packet? Or is does it always come afterward?


I got my packet at the beginning of March and I haven't heard anything about scholly yet. I sent an email today.

racqueld wrote:I'm that odd candidate that has a GPA below the medians (3.2) but I also have an engineering degree. :/ My LSAT is right at the 25th. So I have no clue.


Sounds like they are just comparing you to other students. Hang on!

Good luck! I hope they send you info. I didn't get the letter today. Ugh. I literally live across from UF campus, I heard mail reroutes through Jacksonville for UF so that is why it takes so long...dunno how true that is. Hopefully tomorrow...

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:04 am

Emailed them about scholly info and they said they meet on every Tuesday and that they would be happy to discuss scholly for me. Maybe sometimes just asking shows your interest...

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:09 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Emailed them about scholly info and they said they meet on every Tuesday and that they would be happy to discuss scholly for me. Maybe sometimes just asking shows your interest...

That's good to know! I just got my acceptance letter...the mailman put my mail in someone else's mailbox....

Hopefully some scholly info comes to the rest of us! Haha

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby w7ldcard » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 pm

Packet came

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Just got scholly info. Ugh. Hard to turn this one down.

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Did you get info in email? I just called and they said I should email the assistant dean, so I think I'll send that out in a second.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm

rdelaney wrote:Did you get info in email? I just called and they said I should email the assistant dean, so I think I'll send that out in a second.


I emailed Michelle Adormo.

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
rdelaney wrote:Did you get info in email? I just called and they said I should email the assistant dean, so I think I'll send that out in a second.


I emailed Michelle Adormo.

Yeah. I'll be emailing her in a second. Thanks for info! Congrats on the scholly'

Ss2014
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Ss2014 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 pm

I just got switched to comparative review. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

w7ldcard
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby w7ldcard » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Anyone know if they offer travel stips for the ASD? I am thinking of traveling from California but its going to cost a pretty penny.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Ss2014 wrote:I just got switched to comparative review. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?


Mine was under "comparative review" for about a week before I they rendered their decision. Then a week after I got my acceptance.

rdelaney
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:28 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rdelaney » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:17 am

Just got scholly info, as I haven't heard anything from FSU about that...I'll probably be attending UF.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby itachiuchiha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 am

scholly denied. oh well. didn't want borderline TTTTTTTTTTTTT anyways.

User avatar
SailorMoon9543
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 am

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:24 am

itachiuchiha wrote:scholly denied. oh well. didn't want borderline TTTTTTTTTTTTT anyways.


Wow, sour grapes much? :roll:

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby thevuch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:07 pm

i applied via lsac 3/13 and had my extra florida forms via their website by 3/15. im 165/3.3 out of state. went "all app documents received" on 3/30 and today 4/2 im at 'under initial review by committee'

is 'comparative review' next?

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Nucky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:12 pm

thevuch wrote:i applied via lsac 3/13 and had my extra florida forms via their website by 3/15. im 165/3.3 out of state. went "all app documents received" on 3/30 and today 4/2 im at 'under initial review by committee'

is 'comparative review' next?


Typically yes, but since it is so late in the cycle you may jump ahead. I think all bets are off at this point.

Good luck.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, AZnative, Chipotle85, Google [Bot], guybourdin, Long shot hero, ReadyToStart, Smallville, stratton_oakmont, TudoBem and 16 guests