UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kanye West

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby Kanye West » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 pm

sosa wrote:
SailorMoon9543 wrote:Decision reached as of today! Hope this is an acceptance...

same here!

+1

Was underwhelmed with FSU ASW, so looking forward to this.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Kanye West wrote:
sosa wrote:
SailorMoon9543 wrote:Decision reached as of today! Hope this is an acceptance...

same here!

+1

+1, hopefully it's an acceptance

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Kanye West wrote:
sosa wrote:

same here!

+1

I wasn't able to make ASW at FSU...what were you specifically disappointed in?

Kanye West

Postby Kanye West » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:17 pm

SailorMoon9543 wrote:
Kanye West wrote:
sosa wrote:

same here!

+1

I wasn't able to make ASW at FSU...what were you specifically disappointed in?

Disappointed is the wrong word...The fit wasn't right.

It seemed like a great time, filled with honestly enthusiastic students and faculty, but I found it TOO enthusiastic. I'm a little older, and it seemed like the K-JD paradise. I know tons of students will love this place; faculty softball team that plays students, weekly mixers, barely any gunning that I sensed, and a truly collegiate atmosphere were on display.

I guess, I just felt like I wanted something more "serious", but not in the detrimental sense that FSU is "not serious". They are (look at LST), just not the type of serious I'm looking for in my older years. The school seems like it follows a great balance of work/play, but I just don't enjoy FSU's version of fun. Whoever does, will have an awesome time, and most likely leave with a decent job.

Every professor I met was very approachable, and the mock class (tax class, lol) was engaging, in large part due to the excellent professor.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:19 pm

kewa wrote:So if your status is Final Decision Reached, Notice Issued Current Status Date: 2/24/2014 and you haven't received an email is the general consensus here that you are admitted?

I hope so. My status reflects a decision made today also. I'm at >75th LSAT and <25th GPA FWIW. Some of the other posters here have strong numbers from what I've seen in their other posts. Plus, I would think denials wouldn't be issued until after Feb LSAT scores next week.

Of course, I could be wrong. Guess we'll see... Good luck guys!

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:26 pm

SterlingArcher wrote:Final Decision Reached.

Feeling optimistic. UF sends rejections only in e-mail and, judging by last years thread, waitlist notifications weren't issued until April.

Unless UF drastically changed their admissions system and is going with the bold move of waitlisting people in February, I would say this is a batch of acceptances.

Good luck everyone.

Just thought I would bump this for those of us who are reflecting "Decision Reached-Notice Issued" as of yesterday.

Looks like what SterlingArcher said has held up. Good news for us!

Roberrrrto

Postby Roberrrrto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Roberrrrto wrote:You get your UFID number from the help desk. You must call to get this number.

(352)392-HELP(4357)

Also, this is a quick way to check if you are admitted (once your status checker says decision reached, notice issued). If they have you on file and you have a UFID, you're in.

Congrats to all the new admits. I thought I'd repost this from the last page so all you new "Decision Reached" peeps can check. If you have a UFID you are in. Just call the #.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Roberrrrto wrote:
Roberrrrto wrote:You get your UFID number from the help desk. You must call to get this number.

(352)392-HELP(4357)

Also, this is a quick way to check if you are admitted (once your status checker says decision reached, notice issued). If they have you on file and you have a UFID, you're in.

Congrats to all the new admits. I thought I'd repost this from the last page so all you new "Decision Reached" peeps can check. If you have a UFID you are in. Just call the #.

How sure are we about this? I've seen other schools, like Ohio state, who issue ID #'s to all applicants.

EDIT: Also, my brother(who would know) says all UF undergrad applicants receive ID #'s. Though I never received one as a law applicant, the info doesn't exactly breed confidence.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Nucky wrote:
Roberrrrto wrote:

(352)392-HELP(4357)

I'm confused to, because I received one with the app. Could someone clarify

How sure are we about this? I've seen other schools, like Ohio state, who issue ID #'s to all applicants.

EDIT: Also, my brother(who would know) says all UF undergrad applicants receive ID #'s. Though I never received one as a law applicant, the info doesn't exactly breed confidence.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:09 pm

toshiroh wrote:
Nucky wrote:
Roberrrrto wrote:

(352)392-HELP(4357)

I'm confused to, because I received one with the app. Could someone clarify

Yeah I also received one with my app for the LAW school. can someone clarify this a little

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Roberrrrto wrote:

(352)392-HELP(4357)

I'm going to wait for the letter to come this week. Would hate to get my hopes up because I have a UFID and then find out it means nothing :?

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 pm

You guys received a UF ID# with your application?

I don't recall receiving one. Also, I just looked through my emails from them, and don't see any mention there either.

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Nucky wrote:You guys received a UF ID# with your application?

I don't recall receiving one. Also, I just looked through my emails from them, and don't see any mention there either.

I never got one.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Just received new, credible information that no denials have been issued, and waitlisting has not yet begun. Pretty much the same situation as last year.

So, if your decision was rendered Monday, you're in! Hopefully, scholarship info accompanies our letters.

Congratulations, fellow admits! :D

Hope you guys are all as pumped as I am!

Roberrrrto

Postby Roberrrrto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm

SailorMoon9543 wrote:

I never got one.

I never got one before I was admitted.

On the acceptance letter, it says to accept your seat you need to create a Gatorlink account and to do that you need your UFID #. It then gives you the number I listed before as the way to find out your UFID so you can set up your Gatorlink. Worry not... if your status is "Decision Made" as of Monday, you are in. I've looked through years of threads and can tell you that admission decisions come in batches on Monday and waitlist and rejections don't happen until later in the cycle. Congrats!!!

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Roberrrrto wrote:
SailorMoon9543 wrote:

I never got one.

On the acceptance letter, it says to accept your seat you need to create a Gatorlink account and to do that you need your UFID #. It then gives you the number I listed before as the way to find out your UFID so you can set up your Gatorlink. Worry not... if your status is "Decision Made" as of Monday, you are in. I've looked through years of threads and can tell you that admission decisions come in batches on Monday and waitlist and rejections don't happen until later in the cycle. Congrats!!!

Agree with all of the above. Congrats to you as well!

It seems like only a handful of admits have received scholarship info. Considering you've received your letter, and have waded through previous threads, do you know when the majority of scholarship decisions are reached?

Roberrrrto

Postby Roberrrrto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Nucky wrote:
Roberrrrto wrote:
SailorMoon9543 wrote:

I never got one.

Agree with all of the above. Congrats to you as well!

It seems like only a handful of admits have received scholarship info. Considering you've received your letter, and have waded through previous threads, do you know when the majority of scholarship decisions are reached?

This is complete speculation (based only on what I've read in UF TLS threads over many years so I can NOT guarantee the accuracy): UF is very stingy with scholarships because they believe and I agree that they are the undisputed best law school in FL and a great value. They usually (again... speculation) use major scholarships to pull people with both #s >75% (see the UF v. Emory thread) that would otherwise attend a T14+Vandy at sticker or an Emory with a little money.

It also seems that acceptances come out in order based on the LSAT. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone accepted yesterday had the exact same LSAT score.

I think the letter said all scholarship decisions are made by March 15.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Roberrrrto wrote:This is complete speculation (based only on what I've read in UF TLS threads over many years so I can NOT guarantee the accuracy): UF is very stingy with scholarships because they believe and I agree that they are the undisputed best law school in FL and a great value. They usually (again... speculation) use major scholarships to pull people with both #s >75% (see the UF v. Emory thread) that would otherwise attend a T14+Vandy at sticker or an Emory with a little money.

It also seems that acceptances come out in order based on the LSAT. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone accepted yesterday had the exact same LSAT score.

I think the letter said all scholarship decisions are made by March 15.

Interesting, thanks for the info. It seems a few in the last batch had offers so hopefully that holds true for this one as well!

nmm10e

Postby nmm10e » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:41 am

still in CR :? accepting the inevitable WL/Ding that is on the horizon

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:50 am

nmm10e wrote:still in CR :? accepting the inevitable WL/Ding that is on the horizon

Maybe not. Their 25th percentile is a 156. Your GPA might save you.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:20 pm

nmm10e wrote:still in CR :? accepting the inevitable WL/Ding that is on the horizon

That's a great GPA. Why don't you retake? Another 5-7 points would make a world of difference for you. Each school you applied to would likely offer you a substantial scholarship with a 160-162+.
Last edited by Nucky on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Hoping to get that acceptance letter today! :D

SailorMoon9543

Postby SailorMoon9543 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Nucky wrote:Hoping to get that acceptance letter today! :D

+1

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:37 pm

I take it no one has received any mail yet.

nmm10e

Postby nmm10e » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Nucky wrote:

That's a great GPA. Why don't you retake? Another 5-7 points would make a world of difference for you. Each school you applied to would likely offer you a substantial scholarship with a 160-162+.

You both are right-- I really should retake. I did an academic addendum for all the schools I applied to, but I will seriously contemplate a re-take. I, along with most of you I'm sure, absolutely dread the thought of the LSAT :cry:

OH, ANDDDD: congrats to all those getting their letters, I really am happy for you & really hope to be in your position eventually haha

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”