UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crestor
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 am

UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:02 am

http://www.law.ufl.edu/admissions/admis ... ss-profile


Fall 2013 Entering Class Profile*

Class Size: 318
Median LSAT/GPA: 160/3.55
LSAT 75th/25th percentile: 162/156
GPA 75th/25th percentile: 3.77/3.32
Women: 45%
Minorities: 33%
Out-of-state: 9%
Average Age: 23
Age Range: 19-45
Out of college 1- 4 years: 45%
Out of college 5+ years: 5%
Undergraduates colleges represented: 84

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23 am

Right Here


163 (October retake coming) - 3.49

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 am

count me in homies
3.82 / 158
Is that 25th really a 156 this year? that shit cray

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:count me in homies
3.82 / 158
Is that 25th really a 156 this year? that shit cray


From what i gather it seems to be so.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:37 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:count me in homies
3.82 / 158
Is that 25th really a 156 this year? that shit cray


From what i gather it seems to be so.


hope they would offer me a scholly then since I am almost at the median for lsat and above the 75% for gpa

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:52 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:count me in homies
3.82 / 158
Is that 25th really a 156 this year? that shit cray


From what i gather it seems to be so.


hope they would offer me a scholly then since I am almost at the median for lsat and above the 75% for gpa



HaHA, Im just the opposite, Just at the median for GPA, and above the 75th for LSAT.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:42 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:count me in homies
3.82 / 158
Is that 25th really a 156 this year? that shit cray


From what i gather it seems to be so.


hope they would offer me a scholly then since I am almost at the median for lsat and above the 75% for gpa



HaHA, Im just the opposite, Just at the median for GPA, and above the 75th for LSAT.


they'll favor you more than they will favor me.. feel blessed!

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Checking in. I'm EDing to Duke but will apply after I get rejected in their 10-day turnaround time.

163/3.83
FL resident

Anyone know at what level UF gives out $?? I'm above the 75th for both (hurray dropping medians!), but I've heard UF is stingy.

Good luck everyone!

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nebula666 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21 pm

AT9 wrote:Checking in. I'm EDing to Duke but will apply after I get rejected in their 10-day turnaround time.

163/3.83
FL resident

Anyone know at what level UF gives out $?? I'm above the 75th for both (hurray dropping medians!), but I've heard UF is stingy.

Good luck everyone!


For your numbers the standard scholarship is either 36k or 45k. I would guess you will get the 36k one.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:48 pm

$36K or something near that level would be nice. Barring a big surprise scholarship anywhere else, my options may very well come down to UF or FSU....and the winner may very well be whichever one is cheaper, though I slightly prefer UF.
Last edited by AT9 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:42 am

I'm a Florida resident, but I don't have an LSAT score (sitting for December) so I have no idea about anything yet. My GPA is 3.7. Will probably be applying to UF/FSU/Miami because of the in-state factor and I would love to practice in South Florida (from Fort Lauderdale), but most likely my first choice in-state is UF. Started working on their PS today.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:58 am

vicpin5190 wrote:I'm a Florida resident, but I don't have an LSAT score (sitting for December) so I have no idea about anything yet. My GPA is 3.7. Will probably be applying to UF/FSU/Miami because of the in-state factor and I would love to practice in South Florida (from Fort Lauderdale), but most likely my first choice in-state is UF. Started working on their PS today.


Good luck! With a 3.7, you should be in at all three of those schools with a 160/161. Their PS ("academic admissions statement") is a pain...I just wrote about my class experiences, research papers, and writing/research experience at work.

Also, submitted my app yesterday!

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:41 pm

AT9 wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:I'm a Florida resident, but I don't have an LSAT score (sitting for December) so I have no idea about anything yet. My GPA is 3.7. Will probably be applying to UF/FSU/Miami because of the in-state factor and I would love to practice in South Florida (from Fort Lauderdale), but most likely my first choice in-state is UF. Started working on their PS today.


Good luck! With a 3.7, you should be in at all three of those schools with a 160/161. Their PS ("academic admissions statement") is a pain...I just wrote about my class experiences, research papers, and writing/research experience at work.

Also, submitted my app yesterday!



UF always does this! I remember applying for UG they required a very specific, separate essay for their application about service and how you would contribute to the UF community through service. Luckily their UG system is holistic and I was fine on my other #'s so I didn't pay too much effort....this is it's own new ball game though.

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby AT9 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:25 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:
AT9 wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:I'm a Florida resident, but I don't have an LSAT score (sitting for December) so I have no idea about anything yet. My GPA is 3.7. Will probably be applying to UF/FSU/Miami because of the in-state factor and I would love to practice in South Florida (from Fort Lauderdale), but most likely my first choice in-state is UF. Started working on their PS today.


Good luck! With a 3.7, you should be in at all three of those schools with a 160/161. Their PS ("academic admissions statement") is a pain...I just wrote about my class experiences, research papers, and writing/research experience at work.

Also, submitted my app yesterday!



UF always does this! I remember applying for UG they required a very specific, separate essay for their application about service and how you would contribute to the UF community through service. Luckily their UG system is holistic and I was fine on my other #'s so I didn't pay too much effort....this is it's own new ball game though.


Don't remember that from UG, but not surprising. I got rejected when I applied for UG so I'm hoping my numbers vindicate me this time around...

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 pm

historically, what are the cut offs for scholarship levels at UF, and how does instate factor into the amount of scholarship you receive?

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4132
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Anyone have anything in status checker besides "All Required Documents Received"?

falbader
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby falbader » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Anyone have anything in status checker besides "All Required Documents Received"?


According to their website, they begin reviewing files in November so probably won't move to "In Review" until then.

TirantMartorell
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby TirantMartorell » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 pm

AT9 wrote:Checking in. I'm EDing to Duke but will apply after I get rejected in their 10-day turnaround time.

163/3.83
FL resident

Anyone know at what level UF gives out $?? I'm above the 75th for both (hurray dropping medians!), but I've heard UF is stingy.

Good luck everyone!


At least 36K

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby mvonh001 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:57 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Anyone have anything in status checker besides "All Required Documents Received"?



Nope... I don't think so, Not until November at least... Sucks waiting...

User avatar
rowdyreptile5861
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rowdyreptile5861 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:30 am

Checking In. 161 (not retaking; a mistake, I know) 3.67 UF undergrad, FL resident. Submitting my apps tomorrow. Very anxious to see how this cycle plays out.

User avatar
nooooo
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nooooo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 am

Checking in.

2.8 / 161 (retaking Dec.)

I have an MA, wrote a thesis, and have 4-5 years of WE. Also, in-state. Strong ties to Miami/FL. How high of an LSAT do you think I'd need to be considered? 170s (aiming for 171+)?

Still wavering on whether or not to add an addendum for the GPA or consider my years out of school/grad school as enough distance from it.

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nebula666 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:42 am

rowdyreptile5861 wrote:Checking In. 161 (not retaking; a mistake, I know) 3.67 UF undergrad, FL resident. Submitting my apps tomorrow. Very anxious to see how this cycle plays out.


You should be a lock but idk about money

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nebula666 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:43 am

nooooo wrote:Checking in.

2.8 / 161 (retaking Dec.)

I have an MA, wrote a thesis, and have 4-5 years of WE. Also, in-state. Strong ties to Miami/FL. How high of an LSAT do you think I'd need to be considered? 170s (aiming for 171+)?

Still wavering on whether or not to add an addendum for the GPA or consider my years out of school/grad school as enough distance from it.


You should be in with a couple more points.

Most people I know with under 3.0 and around 170 got a half scholarship and that was two cycles ago before our median dropped.

User avatar
nooooo
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby nooooo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 am

nebula666 wrote:
nooooo wrote:Checking in.

2.8 / 161 (retaking Dec.)

I have an MA, wrote a thesis, and have 4-5 years of WE. Also, in-state. Strong ties to Miami/FL. How high of an LSAT do you think I'd need to be considered? 170s (aiming for 171+)?

Still wavering on whether or not to add an addendum for the GPA or consider my years out of school/grad school as enough distance from it.


You should be in with a couple more points.

Most people I know with under 3.0 and around 170 got a half scholarship and that was two cycles ago before our median dropped.



You just made my day.

User avatar
rowdyreptile5861
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Re: UF C/O 2017 (2013-2014 APPLICANTS)

Postby rowdyreptile5861 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:53 pm

nebula666 wrote:
rowdyreptile5861 wrote:Checking In. 161 (not retaking; a mistake, I know) 3.67 UF undergrad, FL resident. Submitting my apps tomorrow. Very anxious to see how this cycle plays out.


You should be a lock but idk about money


Yeah I agree. I've known some people in years past who have gotten some money with similar #'s, but who knows. Money isn't a deal breaker for me so I'm not too worried.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, champagnepapi, eastring, Giro423, hammy393, jjcorvino, jtn123, Majestic-12 [Bot], mm2368, Nickel94, Sawtooth, TakeItToTrial, texteach, ThorB, vho1791 and 23 guests