Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pifhib2
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby pifhib2 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:34 pm

LShopeful628 wrote:
What are people's thoughts on paying sticker for WFL?


I would advise against it. If you have the numbers to get into Wake you also have the numbers to get into a lower ranked school with at least a little bit of money.

I would pick a lower ranked, more regional school in the area you want to be in for $$$ instead of paying sticker at WFU. I like the school, but (40k + CoL) x 3 is brutal.

futurelawstudent14
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby futurelawstudent14 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:46 pm

On 10/8 I was one of the people that had an admitted decision posted on my status checker, but ever since it's been Under Review. Now 9 weeks later, I'm still waiting on a decision :(

zazu
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby zazu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:45 am

futurelawstudent14 wrote:On 10/8 I was one of the people that had an admitted decision posted on my status checker, but ever since it's been Under Review. Now 9 weeks later, I'm still waiting on a decision :(


that's frustrating :?

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Application complete 12/5 went under review today! For those who've already gotten a decision and may not have "obvious admit" stats, how long was it under review?

lovesthelaw
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lovesthelaw » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 pm

LShopeful628 wrote:Application complete 12/5 went under review today! For those who've already gotten a decision and may not have "obvious admit" stats, how long was it under review?


A month almost to the day!

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:58 pm

lovesthelaw wrote:
LShopeful628 wrote:Application complete 12/5 went under review today! For those who've already gotten a decision and may not have "obvious admit" stats, how long was it under review?


A month almost to the day!



Thanks!

balewis3
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby balewis3 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

My status changed today to under committee review did anyone else have this before their decision? My file has been under review since mid oct.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:12 pm

im under committee review as well.

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Winston1984 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Received the acceptance letter in the mail today, exactly the same as the email. Nothing about scholarships.

as975266
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby as975266 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Also under committee review

lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lsatnoob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 am

Mine changed as well - been under review since 11/05ish but now changed to 12-12 under commitee review...hopefully we will get a decision soon!

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby itachiuchiha » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:54 am

what exactly is committee review? is that a good thing? does it mean hold?

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:44 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:what exactly is committee review? is that a good thing? does it mean hold?



Usually, Committee review is an extra review from a select group in charge of admissions. Tt doesn't -necessarily- mean you are on the boarder of being accepted or waitlisted, but it just means a selected committee is viewing your application in another way. This could be for any reason of deciding a scholarship amount or waiting for more applicants...

This is just my understanding of comittee review in general, it could mean something completely different.

lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lsatnoob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:03 pm

shaynislegend wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:what exactly is committee review? is that a good thing? does it mean hold?



Usually, Committee review is an extra review from a select group in charge of admissions. Tt doesn't -necessarily- mean you are on the boarder of being accepted or waitlisted, but it just means a selected committee is viewing your application in another way. This could be for any reason of deciding a scholarship amount or waiting for more applicants...

This is just my understanding of comittee review in general, it could mean something completely different.


If that's the case - maybe a decision will take longer than usual?

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:12 pm

lsatnoob wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:what exactly is committee review? is that a good thing? does it mean hold?



Usually, Committee review is an extra review from a select group in charge of admissions. Tt doesn't -necessarily- mean you are on the boarder of being accepted or waitlisted, but it just means a selected committee is viewing your application in another way. This could be for any reason of deciding a scholarship amount or waiting for more applicants...

This is just my understanding of comittee review in general, it could mean something completely different.


If that's the case - maybe a decision will take longer than usual?


I don't know if a decision will take longer than usual but December scores coming in will definately be a factor in making it seem longer. I would imagine that admissions is waiting on December scores to decide on the Comittee review group, whether that is for scholarship amounts, acceptances, waitlists, etc. I think if you are at Committee review you aren't likely to receive a ding any time soon.

lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lsatnoob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:16 pm

shaynislegend wrote:
lsatnoob wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:what exactly is committee review? is that a good thing? does it mean hold?



Usually, Committee review is an extra review from a select group in charge of admissions. Tt doesn't -necessarily- mean you are on the boarder of being accepted or waitlisted, but it just means a selected committee is viewing your application in another way. This could be for any reason of deciding a scholarship amount or waiting for more applicants...

This is just my understanding of comittee review in general, it could mean something completely different.


If that's the case - maybe a decision will take longer than usual?


I don't know if a decision will take longer than usual but December scores coming in will definately be a factor in making it seem longer. I would imagine that admissions is waiting on December scores to decide on the Comittee review group, whether that is for scholarship amounts, acceptances, waitlists, etc. I think if you are at Committee review you aren't likely to receive a ding any time soon.


that's disappointing…i have a low 160 and a 3.9x and am really starting to regret not taking the december lsat haha. looks like the powerscore books are coming out again over break :evil:

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:30 pm

I don't think you should take this as a negative. This is pretty standard practice around December release time, unless you are 75th percentiles in LSAT and GPA schools are going to hold off decisions until after the December applicant pool comes in. I don't think the comittee review pool will be left guessing into February.

Though if you are thinking about retaking in February I think that is a no-brainer, not that you need to to have a shot at a scholly at Wake, but because it will improve your chances and could increase your scholly. I am from the camp that if you have a retake available use it.

lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lsatnoob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 pm

shaynislegend wrote:I don't think you should take this as a negative. This is pretty standard practice around December release time, unless you are 75th percentiles in LSAT and GPA schools are going to hold off decisions until after the December applicant pool comes in. I don't think the comittee review pool will be left guessing into February.

Though if you are thinking about retaking in February I think that is a no-brainer, not that you need to to have a shot at a scholly at Wake, but because it will improve your chances and could increase your scholly. I am from the camp that if you have a retake available use it.


do you think wake would use the february score to reevaluate my application? if so, i might call and see if they'll put my application on hold until after the february test.

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:56 pm

lsatnoob wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:I don't think you should take this as a negative. This is pretty standard practice around December release time, unless you are 75th percentiles in LSAT and GPA schools are going to hold off decisions until after the December applicant pool comes in. I don't think the comittee review pool will be left guessing into February.

Though if you are thinking about retaking in February I think that is a no-brainer, not that you need to to have a shot at a scholly at Wake, but because it will improve your chances and could increase your scholly. I am from the camp that if you have a retake available use it.


do you think wake would use the february score to reevaluate my application? if so, i might call and see if they'll put my application on hold until after the february test.


I discussed this with Dean Shively last cycle, and they said they would take new scores into account. Though I had already been accepted at that point and this was more in regards to scholarship amount. Get in contact with admissions, Wakes admissions office is easy to get a hold of and they should be able to answer this for you.

If they say yes, I would retake February no matter what.

phi1618
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby phi1618 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:23 pm

shaynislegend wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:what exactly is committee review? is that a good thing? does it mean hold?



Usually, Committee review is an extra review from a select group in charge of admissions. Tt doesn't -necessarily- mean you are on the boarder of being accepted or waitlisted, but it just means a selected committee is viewing your application in another way. This could be for any reason of deciding a scholarship amount or waiting for more applicants...

This is just my understanding of comittee review in general, it could mean something completely different.


I did some research on old Wake Forest application threads. It appears that unless your numbers are above the 75th percentile, you are placed in committee review. The committee actually reads and analyzes your application while an administrative review just looks at your scores.

User avatar
couchpizza
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby couchpizza » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:05 am

Submitted on 12/11. Already under committee review lol. No idea what this means for me, but just wanted to share. I don't think committee review has anything to do with how long you've been waiting...

mx23250
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby mx23250 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:44 pm

couchpizza wrote:Submitted on 12/11. Already under committee review lol. No idea what this means for me, but just wanted to share. I don't think committee review has anything to do with how long you've been waiting...


Yeah, I think mine went under committee review within a couple days of submitting my app too. Good luck!

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:09 am

mx23250 wrote:
couchpizza wrote:Submitted on 12/11. Already under committee review lol. No idea what this means for me, but just wanted to share. I don't think committee review has anything to do with how long you've been waiting...


Yeah, I think mine went under committee review within a couple days of submitting my app too. Good luck!


Committee review is standard especially while waiting for December scores to come in.

User avatar
isuperserial
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby isuperserial » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Just received my acceptance! 3 for 3 so far! Wake Forest is quite tantalizing. Here's hoping for some sort of scholarship information in the near future!

phi1618
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby phi1618 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Just accepted via email as well! Congrats to all who got in




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”