Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
trackstar953
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby trackstar953 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Has anybody gotten a response to their scholarship reevaluation?

User avatar
uncreative
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby uncreative » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 pm

trackstar953 wrote:Has anybody gotten a response to their scholarship reevaluation?


Yep, denied.

Yanky91
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yanky91 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:09 pm

uncreative wrote:
trackstar953 wrote:Has anybody gotten a response to their scholarship reevaluation?


Yep, denied.

+1

sunnyd101
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby sunnyd101 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Annie787 wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
hailcaesar34 wrote:Anyone going to be in town the day before ASW, looking to grab a beer/food with some people the night before.


Definately a good plan, I should be around Thursday and Friday.


I'm planning on being at the ASD on Friday too, coming into Winston Salem on Thursday night. Wouldn't mind grabbing a beer with some potential classmates :). Any plans on where established yet?


Just booked my flight! I'll be there Thursday evening and would be down to get dinner/drinks.

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm

There are a few places downtown. Foothills and 4th Street Filling Station are both really good.

User avatar
hailcaesar34
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby hailcaesar34 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:24 pm

shaynislegend wrote:There are a few places downtown. Foothills and 4th Street Filling Station are both really good.

Does foothills sell growlers?

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby zippernicus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm

hailcaesar34 wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:There are a few places downtown. Foothills and 4th Street Filling Station are both really good.

Does foothills sell growlers?


yes they do. tasty.

User avatar
RonBurgundy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby RonBurgundy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Yanky91 wrote:
uncreative wrote:
trackstar953 wrote:Has anybody gotten a response to their scholarship reevaluation?


Yep, denied.

+1


I want to give negotiation a shot. Do either of you care to share what schools you used to negotiate, what exactly you asked, and when you negotiated? Any info helps.

Yanky91
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yanky91 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:32 pm

RonBurgundy wrote:I want to give negotiation a shot. Do either of you care to share what schools you used to negotiate, what exactly you asked, and when you negotiated? Any info helps.


It seems like they put a ton of weight into US News. If you didn't get an equal or better offer from a higher ranked school, they will not increase your award. So, lets say you got 90k (just an example) from Wake, you would have to come to the table with a higher ranked school that gave you more money. Otherwise, you don't have a good shot at getting more out of them.

sunnyd101
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby sunnyd101 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Yanky91 wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:I want to give negotiation a shot. Do either of you care to share what schools you used to negotiate, what exactly you asked, and when you negotiated? Any info helps.


It seems like they put a ton of weight into US News. If you didn't get an equal or better offer from a higher ranked school, they will not increase your award. So, lets say you got 90k (just an example) from Wake, you would have to come to the table with a higher ranked school that gave you more money. Otherwise, you don't have a good shot at getting more out of them.


I showed them a bigger offer from a higher ranked school and they still did not budge, unfortunately.

User avatar
RonBurgundy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby RonBurgundy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:48 pm

sunnyd101 wrote:
Yanky91 wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:I want to give negotiation a shot. Do either of you care to share what schools you used to negotiate, what exactly you asked, and when you negotiated? Any info helps.


It seems like they put a ton of weight into US News. If you didn't get an equal or better offer from a higher ranked school, they will not increase your award. So, lets say you got 90k (just an example) from Wake, you would have to come to the table with a higher ranked school that gave you more money. Otherwise, you don't have a good shot at getting more out of them.


I showed them a bigger offer from a higher ranked school and they still did not budge, unfortunately.


That's unfortunate to hear. Thank you for the info. Well, I guess I shouldn't be greedy. The offer they gave me is still pretty great. Did any of you write something additional to help convince them? Maybe like a short why wake paper or something that told them you were committed but just needed some more $?

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby shaynislegend » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 pm

They may be more willing to negotiate if you re-take in June and get a higher score.

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:45 pm

sunnyd101 wrote:
Yanky91 wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:I want to give negotiation a shot. Do either of you care to share what schools you used to negotiate, what exactly you asked, and when you negotiated? Any info helps.


It seems like they put a ton of weight into US News. If you didn't get an equal or better offer from a higher ranked school, they will not increase your award. So, lets say you got 90k (just an example) from Wake, you would have to come to the table with a higher ranked school that gave you more money. Otherwise, you don't have a good shot at getting more out of them.


I showed them a bigger offer from a higher ranked school and they still did not budge, unfortunately.


+1 - me too and I'm genuinely shocked. A bit hurt, and overall disappointed cause these guys know they are one of my top choices...

but playin devils advocate to myself (lol) their initial was really generous... Im not giving up yet! :-D yall better not deposit i need that moolah! :-D

sunnyd101
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby sunnyd101 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 am

Are any of the gals in the thread looking to split a hotel room for Thursday night?

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 pm

shaynislegend wrote:There are a few places downtown. Foothills and 4th Street Filling Station are both really good.


Is this true or are you just trying to kill my hopes and dreams of never having to take the LSAT again?
Last edited by cricketlove00 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:41 pm

RonBurgundy wrote:
sunnyd101 wrote:
Yanky91 wrote:
RonBurgundy wrote:I want to give negotiation a shot. Do either of you care to share what schools you used to negotiate, what exactly you asked, and when you negotiated? Any info helps.


It seems like they put a ton of weight into US News. If you didn't get an equal or better offer from a higher ranked school, they will not increase your award. So, lets say you got 90k (just an example) from Wake, you would have to come to the table with a higher ranked school that gave you more money. Otherwise, you don't have a good shot at getting more out of them.


I showed them a bigger offer from a higher ranked school and they still did not budge, unfortunately.


That's unfortunate to hear. Thank you for the info. Well, I guess I shouldn't be greedy. The offer they gave me is still pretty great. Did any of you write something additional to help convince them? Maybe like a short why wake paper or something that told them you were committed but just needed some more $?


I wrote an email along with my reconsideration request. Still denied. They said they would let me know if any monies become available. Sorry for the double post.

User avatar
Finnick
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Finnick » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:08 pm

I submitted my video interview a week ago, and just got an email today thanking me for doing it. Anyone know if this is a good sign? Seems like others have had decisions pretty quickly after completing their interview.

User avatar
zippernicus
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby zippernicus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 am

Finnick wrote:I submitted my video interview a week ago, and just got an email today thanking me for doing it. Anyone know if this is a good sign? Seems like others have had decisions pretty quickly after completing their interview.


Mine has been less than quick. I submitted video around mid-feb, got a thank you 2 or 3 days later. Then went back under review about 2 weeks later (Mar 5) and still have not heard anything else. So its been almost a month since my submission and no decision yet.

underwear
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:30 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby underwear » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 am

COMPLETELY BOMBED THE INTERVIEW.

I hate life.
Last edited by underwear on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 am

They gave me an offer boost with reconsideration. All they wanted was an offer from a peer school to match. They basically yelled at me for attaching offers from Tier 2s. I was under the impression that they wanted all my offers. Oops. They were still nice enough to give me a boost. But the deal wasn't sweetened enough for me to have a better position to attend.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 am

itachiuchiha wrote:They gave me an offer boost with reconsideration. All they wanted was an offer from a peer school to match. They basically yelled at me for attaching offers from Tier 2s. I was under the impression that they wanted all my offers. Oops. They were still nice enough to give me a boost. But the deal wasn't sweetened enough for me to have a better position to attend.


Jealous. I got a "nope." lol

User avatar
Annie787
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Annie787 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Does anyone know if we can get an extension past April 1st to tell them you're attending? I know a couple other schools said that you can have until May 1st if you tell them you're not sure w/o losing $$, just wondering if anyone knows if that's the case here.

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:01 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
itachiuchiha wrote:They gave me an offer boost with reconsideration. All they wanted was an offer from a peer school to match. They basically yelled at me for attaching offers from Tier 2s. I was under the impression that they wanted all my offers. Oops. They were still nice enough to give me a boost. But the deal wasn't sweetened enough for me to have a better position to attend.


Jealous. I got a "nope." lol


they boosted me 12k over 3 years. I was grateful for that... but at this point Wake is competing with Emory

User avatar
RonBurgundy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby RonBurgundy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 pm

sunnyd101 wrote:
Annie787 wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
hailcaesar34 wrote:Anyone going to be in town the day before ASW, looking to grab a beer/food with some people the night before.


Definately a good plan, I should be around Thursday and Friday.


I'm planning on being at the ASD on Friday too, coming into Winston Salem on Thursday night. Wouldn't mind grabbing a beer with some potential classmates :). Any plans on where established yet?


Just booked my flight! I'll be there Thursday evening and would be down to get dinner/drinks.


I just made all my arrangements for ASD. I'll be in on Thursday night. Excited to meet you all. Maybe we should all exchange info via PM.

User avatar
njdevils2626
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby njdevils2626 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Annie787 wrote:Does anyone know if we can get an extension past April 1st to tell them you're attending? I know a couple other schools said that you can have until May 1st if you tell them you're not sure w/o losing $$, just wondering if anyone knows if that's the case here.


Wondering the same. Anyone?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], jjcorvino, Keilz and 9 guests