Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lsatnoob
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby lsatnoob » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:04 pm

abrahm wrote:Hey for those of you who submitted scholarship offers per the request in the acceptance email, did Dean Shively confirm he received the email? I emailed him with my other offers, but he did not respond, so I'm wondering if I should be concerned as to whether he received it or not. Thanks! :)

Actually, just checked and yes he did but it was a few days later.

abrahm
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby abrahm » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Ok, thanks! I just sent mine last night so I will give it a couple days.

copperboom22
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby copperboom22 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Hey all. Went complete on 1/29 and UR 02/02. Does/did everyone's fee box have "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit" with "0.00" in the amount section while they were UR?

User avatar
LyricsToLitigation
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LyricsToLitigation » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 pm

copperboom22 wrote:Hey all. Went complete on 1/29 and UR 02/02. Does/did everyone's fee box have "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit" with "0.00" in the amount section while they were UR?


i did the whole time. it doesnt mean anything :-( sorry BUT you JUST applied and already under review so you'll hear back soon im sure :-D

copperboom22
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby copperboom22 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

LyricsToLitigation wrote:
copperboom22 wrote:Hey all. Went complete on 1/29 and UR 02/02. Does/did everyone's fee box have "Admissions Deposit" and "Tuition Deposit" with "0.00" in the amount section while they were UR?


i did the whole time. it doesnt mean anything :-( sorry BUT you JUST applied and already under review so you'll hear back soon im sure :-D



Thanks! I kind of figured that was the case but thought I'd ask. I'll post again when I hear anything else :)

copperboom22
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby copperboom22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Complete 1/29
Under review 2/2
Under committee review 2/4

tryagainkaz
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby tryagainkaz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm still waiting to hear if I've even been accepted, but I'm wondering what scholarships will look like for students who have yet to receive a decision. My file was complete 1/21 and went into committee review today (2/4). I'm also wondering how my numbers could play into any potential scholarships from WF. I'm slightly above last year's 25th percentile LSAT (which was 157 according to WF's "Fast Facts" page) and just above last year's 75th percentile GPA (which was 3.73).

ayl
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby ayl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:19 pm

tryagainkaz wrote:I'm still waiting to hear if I've even been accepted, but I'm wondering what scholarships will look like for students who have yet to receive a decision. My file was complete 1/21 and went into committee review today (2/4). I'm also wondering how my numbers could play into any potential scholarships from WF. I'm slightly above last year's 25th percentile LSAT (which was 157 according to WF's "Fast Facts" page) and just above last year's 75th percentile GPA (which was 3.73).


FWIW, I was 158/3.91 and was offered $15,000/year.

cmroberto
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cmroberto » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Accepted via email on 1/31. submitted application exactly three weeks before. chances of scholarship? 161/3.899 and out of state. I'm so excited to have been accepted by WFU! It's only the second school I've heard from out of many applications. If substantial $$$ is offered, WFU could be my first choice!

User avatar
couchpizza
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby couchpizza » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Definitely will be one of my top options if I get good $. 3.71/163, hopefully I get something decent. Accepted a week after submitting app, waiting over five weeks for scholly lol.

User avatar
cactusflower
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cactusflower » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Under review hours after going complete.... scurrrrrreddddd :(

cfcnvm
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cfcnvm » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?

copperboom22
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby copperboom22 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:54 pm

cfcnvm wrote:Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?


+1
I got the same update today after just going under review on 2/2.

User avatar
Yazzzay
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yazzzay » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:01 pm

copperboom22 wrote:
cfcnvm wrote:Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?


+1
I got the same update today after just going under review on 2/2.



I believe I was under review for less than a week before I got a decision rendered. GL!

User avatar
LShopeful628
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby LShopeful628 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Yazzzay wrote:
copperboom22 wrote:
cfcnvm wrote:Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?


+1
I got the same update today after just going under review on 2/2.



I believe I was under review for less than a week before I got a decision rendered. GL!


Those of us who went under committee review last Monday had decisions on Friday! Best of Luck!

User avatar
Kanye West
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Kanye West » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:05 am

copperboom22 wrote:
cfcnvm wrote:Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?


+1
I got the same update today after just going under review on 2/2.


+1

Going to be on a cruise this weekend, hoping to come back home to some acceptance emails. Hoping the anxiety doesn't tempt to jump overboard.

User avatar
Yazzzay
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yazzzay » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question, Wake is the first school I'm negotiating scholly with so I'm a bit clueless.

In the acceptance email when it says " if you receive an offer that you think we should discuss before we make our decision, please forward directly to me", does that mean I should forward or screenshot the emails with my other offers aka the other admissions letters...or just write an email mentioning the schools and amounts?

Thanks!

User avatar
Winston1984
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Winston1984 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 am

Yazzzay wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, Wake is the first school I'm negotiating scholly with so I'm a bit clueless.

In the acceptance email when it says " if you receive an offer that you think we should discuss before we make our decision, please forward directly to me", does that mean I should forward or screenshot the emails with my other offers aka the other admissions letters...or just write an email mentioning the schools and amounts?

Thanks!


Are you using the scholarship reconsideration form that came with your scholarship?

User avatar
Yazzzay
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yazzzay » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 am

Winston1984 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, Wake is the first school I'm negotiating scholly with so I'm a bit clueless.

In the acceptance email when it says " if you receive an offer that you think we should discuss before we make our decision, please forward directly to me", does that mean I should forward or screenshot the emails with my other offers aka the other admissions letters...or just write an email mentioning the schools and amounts?

Thanks!


Are you using the scholarship reconsideration form that came with your scholarship?


No, I just got accepted Friday, haven't got any scholarship yet. The acceptance email said you'll be notified by March 1 if you have scholly, until then let us know of other offers.

User avatar
hailcaesar34
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby hailcaesar34 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 am

Yazzzay wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, Wake is the first school I'm negotiating scholly with so I'm a bit clueless.

In the acceptance email when it says " if you receive an offer that you think we should discuss before we make our decision, please forward directly to me", does that mean I should forward or screenshot the emails with my other offers aka the other admissions letters...or just write an email mentioning the schools and amounts?

Thanks!


Are you using the scholarship reconsideration form that came with your scholarship?


No, I just got accepted Friday, haven't got any scholarship yet. The acceptance email said you'll be notified by March 1 if you have scholly, until then let us know of other offers.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was going to probably send an email to him and metion the offers that I recived so far and than screen shot them if he asks.

User avatar
Yazzzay
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby Yazzzay » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:02 pm

hailcaesar34 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:
Winston1984 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, Wake is the first school I'm negotiating scholly with so I'm a bit clueless.

In the acceptance email when it says " if you receive an offer that you think we should discuss before we make our decision, please forward directly to me", does that mean I should forward or screenshot the emails with my other offers aka the other admissions letters...or just write an email mentioning the schools and amounts?

Thanks!


Are you using the scholarship reconsideration form that came with your scholarship?


No, I just got accepted Friday, haven't got any scholarship yet. The acceptance email said you'll be notified by March 1 if you have scholly, until then let us know of other offers.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was going to probably send an email to him and metion the offers that I recived so far and than screen shot them if he asks.


Ya, I just decided to email the amounts and if they request screenshots or forwarding, I can do that then!

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:15 pm

cfcnvm wrote:Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?


same for me. I got hold last month and the status changed to under committee review 2/4

User avatar
anna8506
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby anna8506 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 pm

LShopeful628 wrote:
Yazzzay wrote:
copperboom22 wrote:
cfcnvm wrote:Just went under Committee Review 2/4/2014. How long does it usually take for them to come up with a decision after this?


+1
I got the same update today after just going under review on 2/2.



I believe I was under review for less than a week before I got a decision rendered. GL!


Those of us who went under committee review last Monday had decisions on Friday! Best of Luck!


Thank you!

User avatar
cactusflower
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby cactusflower » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Anyone get accepted without going into "Committee Review?"

Just wondering...

User avatar
couchpizza
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2017 (2013-2014)

Postby couchpizza » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Wooooah, Wake made it rain some $ and I am seriously considering attending. If I choose to attend Wake I'd have to pay quite a minimal amount of of money but I was wondering if I could push it further by emailing them with attached offers from other schools. Any suggestions :?:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, curry4bfast, Google [Bot], ws120 and 7 guests